• Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220295 by
Replied by on topic Yes! It's all true!

Jestor wrote:

Exarchias wrote:

Edan wrote: :)

Your video doesn't show on the forum.. at least for me :dry:

I ve noticed that some part of the Totjo page are not with secure connection (they don't have Https instead of Http), and that includes this thread.
I assume that you can't see the video because your browser is blocking embedded contents like videos.
If that is the case good new are that you can unblock the content with just a click.
What browser do you use?

Mine does...?

Yours is protected, (the little sign with the green lockpad)
In my case the connection is unprotected, i believe it occurs randomly :)

Attachment h346ce07.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #220445 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Yes! It's all true!

Sven One wrote: Hilarious video but, honestly I don't mean to be defensive about the movies but, why does everyone rag so much on the prequels? I know they're not as good as the originals but, I thought they're some really good stuff too. I agree, they're some really hard to explain and tough scenes to watch but, overall I think they're pretty good films.

they were (maybe) great STORIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l5eZp8Ae9c

but they were terrible films

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220451 by

Sven One wrote: Hilarious video but, honestly I don't mean to be defensive about the movies but, why does everyone rag so much on the prequels? I know they're not as good as the originals but, I thought they're some really good stuff too. I agree, they're some really hard to explain and tough scenes to watch but, overall I think they're pretty good films.

The writing was absolutely atrocious. I felt like I was watching a big budget fan film as opposed to something put out by Hollywood. The dialog was terrible, which caused the acting to be terrible. These films had some GREAT actors but because of the dialog, even they couldn't save the film. The chemistry between Padme and Anikin was non-existent. I thoroughly believe it is one of the WORST on screen romances in film history. Maybe not THE worst, but it's up there, lol.

Something that bothered me is that in Ep1, Padme was about a minimum 20 years older than Anikin, yet in Ep 2 they were the same age. Has Padme been drinking from the fountain of youth?

And the federation droids.........wow. Really, Lucas? He tried so hard to make them funny but instead failed. Terrible attempt.

The plot and story of the prequels were good. They could have worked so well but the writing was just so bad that it ruined everything. Even the best actors couldn't save it. From a film perspective, the prequels were awful. From a "i'm bored and need something to watch" perspective, they were decent. I haven't watched them since I saw them when they were released in theaters. I did see there was an "anti-cheese" edit where someone went through all of the prequels and took out the cheesy parts...so I may go back and watch those.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220611 by
If I remember my EU facts, Padme was 14 when made queen of the Naboo. Padme was about 18 during the time her and anikin met. Anikin was 10 when the two met. So the difference in age is only 8 years. She was such a cougar.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #220916 by

Phortis Nespin wrote: So the difference in age is only 8 years.

Like I said, she must have been drinking from the fountain of youth because she didn't age physically at all by the second and 3rd movies, lol.

More
8 years 1 month ago #231127 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Yes! It's all true!
They did Force Awakens recently;

~ Spoiler Alert (obviously)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbpgM-JTang

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi