Hello, I'm Chance Argo, and I am a sugar addict.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9448 by
my best friend died almost 2 years ago (in fact my Jedi name is actually Greg Savon- Greg for him) he was very overweight (close to 400 pounds) 35 and had a short fuse. he died sudden;y of a heart attack- the doctors attributed it to his weight.
now I'm a chubby guy too so I'm not perfect in that department however I've been drinking tea- lots of tea like 3 or 4 16 ounce bottles of lipton green and regular tea for a few months (i use sweet and low or honey to sweeten it) and I've dropped 15 pounds in the last 2 months. I'm actually thinner now than when i was in high school.
not only are teas good for you (there was a blog recently) but they help you loose weight.
good luck
MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9466 by
Congrats, you both don't know how relieved i am of that. I myself also am not really healthy either but i want to start running soon, my only problem is i have low self-discipline. But now that i am working i know that i will start to loose weight. We all need to be in the best shape we can, for children, for our significant others, for the temple and apprentices, and most importantly for ourselves.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9567 by
the mind, body, and spirit are all connected.when one suffers they all suffer. therefore we fall victem to the shame spirals of one action leading to the shame that causes us to repeat that which caused our shame to begin with. the first step in losing weight is to understand that the body can have as much control of the mind as the mind has over the body. The second step is forgiving yourself. there is no past or future ,there is only the present. the only defeats or victories that matter are the ones of today. the present is the only place your mind should reside. thirdly is understanding that every act of self love is a positive stone in the bridge of self control. exercise, my friend, even if its only 5 minutes a day. the results may not be visible in your appearance at first, but in time the love you will have for yourself (gained from sticking to your guns) will motivate you to higher and higher goals. the opposite of the shame spiral is the self love spiral and it only goes upwards.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9737 by
Well, i have made a huge leap in my own personal fitness today. I bought a bike, it was more of a necessity. You see all next week i am supposed to be at work by 7 and by bus that would be virtually impossible. So i have been forced to find an inexpensive way around it. I rode the bike to the store just now in preparation and let me tell you, i am tired lol. But i look forward to the effects my daily bike ride will create on my body. Another good news is that my christmas shopping is almost done and afterwards i won't have to stress about how much money i have each month. So there is my news.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10194 by
Okay, now that the hectic holidays are over, Update Time:

When I started this diet, two weeks before Thanksgiving, I weighed in at 331 pounds.
As of this morning, I weigh 309.
And I feel great.
This week my wife and I also started getting serious about exercise; 1/2-hour of Tai Chi first thing in the morning, Tae-bo around noon (when I don't have a gig), then I do sword-training while she does her dance workout.
Yeah, it's a lot. But auditions for the next show are weekend after next, and I want to look castable as Captain von Trapp.
The rate I'm going, I think it's achievable.
And the cravings are more manageable than I thought. Having survived 3 major \"goodies\" holiday parties (Thanksgiving, Xmas, 12th Night), I'm confidant I can continue to control it. It no longer controls me.
-Chance

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago #10195 by Jon
Great news Chance! By the way, great Fr. Christmas outfit.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10199 by
YAY!!!! With any luck you have gotten past some of the hardest times. I am so glad that you are working past this, but remember, you don't want to work yourself to hard, you shouldn't loose to much weight in to little time. That can be unhealthy too. So just be careful okay.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #10201 by
That's great to read, makes me very happy for you.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #10764 by
Wow...2 1/2 months on the diet and still going strong.
We've had to cut our exercises out temporarily while we wait for Teh Playg to finish kickin' our butts.
Good news: the scale now reads 292.5
I had hoped I'd break 300 by month's end. And I did.
:D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 2 months ago #10787 by
Congrats, this is great news, if i could celebrate with you i would. *jumps up and down* how far do you want to go?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi