Hello, I'm Chance Argo, and I am a sugar addict.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9106 by
UPDATE:
Apparently the scale that my wife and I were using was, in fact, broken. So the readings we'd been getting from it were not accurate.
When I started exercising over the summer, the scale told me I had gone from 300 to 280. This week the scale has told me that not only have I kept those 20 pounds off, despite a lapse in my workout regime, but had lost an additional 10, and I was now at 270.
Sump'n Wrong, Here...
I just got a second opinion on a more reliable scale.
Well, a little disappointing, but I now have a more realistic idea of my starting point.
However: weight loss was never the primary goal of this diet. Breaking my sugar addiction is. So it doesn't bother me that much.
The pounds will come off, I'm sure of that. Just at a slower (and healthier) rate.
It only *appears* to be a setback.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9110 by
Well my friend, if you want to help break up the stored fat in your body with some help, go to GNC or where ever you want and get a product that is called CLA. It's a compound that breaks down the stored fat in your body. It's not the same as Hydroxicut or stuff like that, it is something seperate. Those products help you burn the fat you take in and some of what you have stored. CLA targets the stored fat in your body and helps break it down. Hope this info helps you out.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9114 by
i tend to stay away from pills and things like that. if you eat small meals and five a day. and dont eat after five then you are fine. another old wives tale that works is eat three meals a day doesnt matter what and eat them for twenty mins straigt you will loose weight and be where you're body should be. this does work from expierance and from others. also depending what you do at night doing three sets of 30 push ups will boost you're metabolism before going to bed and will help you burn more and faster while you are asleep. the twenty min rule is great for those who are diabetic and also ones with heart problems. remember the older you are the harder it is to loose so be mindful of that. i tend to stay away from advice in these things because i was one to crash diet to get in the navy i lost nintey pounds in three months and i am still suffering from that. oh and scales i would suggest looking at it now then in three weeks after doing this look at it again dont keep an eye on the scale trust me on that. and if you are working out muscle wieghs more than fat. also when you getdown to 220 you wont loose as much as you did back at 330. try to drink at least 8 glasses of water, not flavored in any way nor propel or anything unless working out. drink just water and it will help you're body get rid of the water wieght in you're system. MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9118 by
Good Luck Chance on this, but by the way your inaccurate scales said that you had lost weight, and you said that you had been cutting down. So the chances are that you had in fact lost those 30 pounds!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9125 by
I appologize for not reading you post sooner and resonding, i wish i had read it sooner. You might get upset but i started to cry when i read it. you see in April (the very same month of my birthday) i lost someone very dear to me, we called him Uncle D (I don't want to use full names). he had been over weight from a while after high school i believe. he used to play basket ball way back then but one day hurt his knee very badly and started down a road of depression that he was never able to come fully out of. as we all know depression can lead to eating dissorders and that is what happened to him. well, last year his legs started to get infected and he got large dark spots on them here and there, it got really bad, in his final months one of his legs got to be literally the size of my hips. I was so worried about him.
well, as i am sure you can tell by know some of the infections got worse and he was hospitalized, the reason he hadn't got before this was that he wanted to spend his last amount of time on earth with his family (he was always stubborn). He had a blood son, two adopted nephews and have been taking care of 2 of his other nephews since birth. his own son is only 4 years old and i knew if he didn't do something he wouldn't see him go to school, and that is what he wanted, well, it didn't happen. His son still has a year or two to go until kindergarten.
Now here is the amazing thing, yes he was very tall, at about 6'4\" he towered over me. and he was very strong but dispite all of that, he passed away at over 700 pounds. When he wanted food his significant other was not strong enough to tell him no and the children he looked after didn't know not to (well except the oldest two but that is neither here nor there). The fact is I don't want to loose anyone else to eating. I didn't think that eating dissorders were that bad in general, but it hits you when it happens to someone you love, this man was more like a father then anyone i have ever know, including my own father. I miss him very much and am tearing even now but this must be said, examples like this must be shared because i do not want to see any other person go threw what those who knew him are now going threw. I am very glad that you are attempting to loose wait, please, please, i beg you, keep at it. SCA is a great group, we have some members living right down the street. and remember, you can not help others if you do not help yourself. if you aren't there to take care of your loved ones, that is hardly caring for them at all. so, i will leave it at that. take care.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9130 by
Justice:
Hopefully, the ketosis I'm trying to induce with this diet will do what you say the CLA does. But I will keep it in mind.
Anora^una: I am so sorry for your loss. And that is why I've started on this road; so I can prevent that (and any other related illnesses) from happening to me. I'm going to take care of me, so I can take care of my family. Blessed Be,

and MTFBWUA,

-Chance

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #9131 by Jon
Thats great Chance. I`m happy your aving a real go at it.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9204 by
Last night's acid test...
...Otherwise known as Thanksgiving Dinner on a low-carb diet.
Actually, it was easier than I thought it would be. We found a few low-carb desserts, so we could actually have some, and not have to look at the table and sigh. And since it's the two-week mark, we are allowed to up our carb intake a little. Matter of fact, my wife and I were actually full after the first plate.
I also managed to check the 'more reliable' scale I've mentioned.
Down from 331.
Cravings are controllable, don't feel the need to eat every half-hour, it takes less to fill me up, I'm not falling asleep from sugar crashes in the middle of the day...and 8 pounds lighter.
Methinks it's working.
:)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 3 months ago #9418 by
Three weeks in...
and an inch off the waist.
I'm now past the 'detox' phase, and can now eat a little more normal. I can have up to 40 grams of carbs a day. And I have no desire to max that out every day.
I'm feeling good about how this is going.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 3 months ago #9420 by Jon
Well done Chance keep it up. MTFBWY

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi