Sleep Habits

Moderators: Desolous, Reliah
  • Page:

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 15:02 #55159

• Reliah
  • Knight
  • ID: 8859
This morning, while searching for things to do in the morning when everyone else is still asleep, I ran across this article I thought I would share: 17 Ways to Wake Up Feeling Fresh in the Morning.

Yes, it has a long name, but it made me realize (even more) the importance of having a regular schedule and healthy habits.

I would love to hear your thoughts about any/all of these and any other suggestions that have worked for you to have a restful sleep and wake up feeling good. :)

May the Force be with you all!
Gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akkarin, Aceboizor, Darren, Desolous, Harvestpaw, Falo

Sleep Habits 03 Apr 2012 22:50 #55253

I've had sleep issues for many years now. I'm a light sleeper and I frequently awaken during the night. On top of that I am also a heavy snorer (my fiancee loves this) and suffer from sleep apnea. The fact that I have to get up at 5 am doesn't help either. So I'm usually always tired to some extent.

Nobody should underestimate what a good night's rest could do for you. It's not only beneficial physically but emotionally and mentally as well.

Thanks for posting this. I hope some of these can prove helpful to me.
Love Is My Religion
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reliah

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:11 #55944

• LTK
  • Knight
  • ID: 8277
That's a good article and there are a few pointers I definitely need to be better at:

1) Get up straight away (no snoozing)

2) Go to bed and get up at the same times each day (something I'm failing at as I type this, haha)

----

On the other hand, I am definitely a night exerciser; if I exercise in the morning, it seriously tires me out the rest of the day. I exercise at night and am usually exhausted and fall right to sleep.

Anyway, thanks for posting the article!

I think I'm going to bed now, haha.

MTFBWY,
LTK
Master: Jestor
“I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them" -- Baruch Spinoza.

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 05:35 #55945

• Adder
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
The other person in the bed can be a distraction if they toss and turn. We tried getting rid of the big mattress but kept its base and got 2 single mattresses onto the larger base... and it was enough difference to not notice the other person rolling around. Pillow top mattresses seem to make the edge borders, which would otherwise stuck up in the middle, almost unnoticeable - so its just as big, but better buffered being technically separate. Works good!

PS: King base + 2 Long-size Single mattresses fit perfectly, so 2 long singles beds next to each other must be the same as a King size bed but probably cheaper!!

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 15:13 #55987

• Reliah
  • Knight
  • ID: 8859
What about sleep number beds? That's what I have. It's a king and it's on the ground on the bases.. There are two bases..?
Gone.

Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 20:47 #56016

That's a really good idea Adder. I'm a fitful sleeper, constantly kicking and tossing and turning. I think my fiancée would like the idea of two separate mattresses on one frame.
Love Is My Religion

Re: Sleep Habits 11 Apr 2012 21:50 #56021

• Adder
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Knight
  • ID: 7778
Yes your right Reliah, the King is on two seperate frames, but we have the little hook thing connecting them so a it tends to behave like a single unit. Its also really easy to move the bed if you move houses!!!! Sorry for the confusion. I hadn't seen sleep numbers, looks interesting thanks.

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 02:14 #58342

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I've always had trouble sleeping, there are times where I lay in bed and can't feel tired or even drift into sleep at all, or constantly awaken. Then there are days in which I sleep perfectly, wish I could pinpoint whats going on. But I might have to look into changing up my sleep habits even if it might be a tad difficult :P
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 05:24 #58351

• NickCB
  • Novice
  • ID: 10295
There's an app I got on my HTC called SleepBot and basically it tracks how long you sleep for each night and then shows how much debt you have. So if you need to sleep more or less. Its been really useful recently

Re: Sleep Habits 30 Apr 2012 07:01 #58353

• Jerriko
  • Novice
  • ID: 10270
I like it >:3
“The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.”
  • Page:
Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by Airo Faol)
    • I had the best experience with answering in a quiet voice against verbal attacks and anger. When someone is angry and talks to you and you just stay quiet, they mostly feel comfortable and calm down. Or they have no reason to get more angry and they know you listen, even if they are angry. Being silent is only useful, when someone tries to bring you down in a worst personal way, like offending you for your personality or habits. Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
    • Very new to the Order and am wondering (Last post by Jestor)
    • I don't tell folks I'm: 1) Jedi 2) right-handed 3) omnivorous 4) not into cross-fit 5) get pedicures/manicures 6) have a broken tooth 7) have a bad knee 8) have three kids 9) broke my ankle when I was 15 10) ???? There is a long list of boring things bout me if anyone really cared to listen... Or more pointedly, if I cared to talk about myself... There is too much boring stuff to tell you about.me, id rather hear about you...
    • Islamic State, America, Russia and China. Let the ... (Last post by Adder)
    • Superficially, I think the problem in Russia and China is that too much 'stage-owned enterprise' has been shown historically to be unprofitable, stagnation of innovation, and leads to huge unproductive debt over time. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise While lots of things create debt, something has to be the engine of the economy. Ideally I think innovation and development represent the most useful direction of growth, so activity which promotes those things seems to fit into capitalism best at the moment.
    • Is offending a group of people always bad? (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: “In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.” Should the sanctity of the human person be altered to include all life forms? It always did for me, as I viewed them as separate sentences. :woohoo: Well not the sanctity bit per se, that just seems a practical and useful tool if kept within constraints. The interesting word there for me is 'oppose'. I 'disagree' and 'avoid' for sure, but to oppose something seems to compete or resist something AFAIK. I disagree with and would avoid creating a severe pain and stress response in a creature prior to its slaughter to make its meat taste better...... because as far as I can tell, what it boils down to (no pun intended) is an elevated view of oneself above other things perceived to be lesser, and using them as a resource without consideration for their own experience of living (or dying). In fact, it seems rather deranged to me, but I can step outside of my worldview to consider how it might be perceived as normal, and in this case pleasure (taste). It's just from where I view things to get pleasure from suffering is quite literally the definition of sadistic, and I don't mean some fetish kink but the psychopathic kind. So it's sorta like two topics, on one hand a). is suffering in this way acceptable to you, and on the other b). does finding something unacceptable mean it is wrong, and now perhaps c). would we oppose it if it were in the doctrinally 'wrong'!? Even from what I can imagine of supportive views on the OP, I still find this counter-productive in the areas which matter most (IMO) to all involved. So I don't think wrong is the right word, or that right is the right word either, but rather I find it stupid and egotistical from as many viewpoints as I care to consider it from. :S Unless there is health benefits from eating meat like this of course!! Then it becomes less stupid, and if enough reasons exist then it become smart!! But as it stands, from my best efforts to assess its impact on the body, mind and soul of all involved, I view it as a net negative outcome, for all involved, and all for a minor improvement in the transient eating experience of the end user. So I'm glad its in the doctrine as a value, as its something I find unacceptable for various reasons but the doctrine is for Jedi. No-one is saying everyone must be a Jedi. Then do I take offense, no, I feel sad for all involved. To take offense would require some externalization of ones self identity, such as; if they were pretending to be Jedi while beating and skinning animals whilst alive, yea I'd take offense at that. Now I have to go away and consider what the word 'oppose' means..... does or should it relate to oppression, de oppresso liber. Hmmmm
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Jour 87 Si seulement par la Volonté On pouvait faire appel à la Grâce, Quelle magique pourrait-on commander ! Mais, par cette commande Commettre une conjuration dans l'empire du Sens, Transposant vraie amour en haine Et vrai bien en mal... * If only by Will Could one call upon Grace, What magic one could command ! But, by that command Commit a conspiracy in the Empire of Sense, Transposing true love into hatred And true goodness into evil... Alexandre Orion 23 mai 2016
    • Is belief in democracy required of a Jedi? (RELEVE... (Last post by Airo Faol)
    • I can, for myself, answer the question "Do you believe in democracy?" with a YES! For one simple reason: I believe, that the opinion of every individual is worth as much as every other. Democracy is a way to take care of the opinion of each individual. Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • There is not a single argument you can make that will ever convince me that people owning guns is a good thing. We are not weapons and I am sick of reading about people shooting their own family, accidentally or otherwise... qz.com/688447/my-boyfriend-insisted-a-gu...shot-me-in-the-face/
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • I am grateful for all the support from my wife and family while I have been pulling myself back together. I can walk short distances with my cane now; an exciting bit of progress.
    • What are you reading right now? (Last post by Kit)
    • Furies of Calderon by Jim Butcher Re-reading this with a friend (his first time around) :D I'm looking forward to it! [image]
    • Additional holiday (Last post by Codama)
    • Word, I think adding the Holidays to the events calendar is Dope. And linking the google calendar to the phone is a great idea Jestor.
    • Recipes and Goals (Just a thought) (Last post by Codama)
    • Good Morning, good people. I hope this post finds you full of good health and a good meal. And if you happen to be a little on the ill side, I trust you are on your way to a speedy recovery. And I also trust that you soon find the delight of a mouth watering meal. If not mouth watering then at least a drool in between bites. When I was given the responsibility to provide my own meals I was almost convinced I’ll never taste another mouth watering dish. The task of making a dish seemed so unrealistic. “I’m not a cook.” I said to myself. “You’re not a cook.” People said to me. So I just settled for microwave dinners and to balance things out I would conveniently find my way at other people’s houses. “Hey guy’s I just stopped by the west end to let you know your tire is a little low on air...Wait is that Chicken I smell?” Being a dinner guest at someone’s house became a life style. You would think I had this secret room in my apartment setup with a detective surveillance board of all my friends that cooked. Complete with projected dinner times and what they may be eating for each day of the week. Of course one day I was feeling adventurous and found a recipe for a tasty dish. I went to the supermarket, purchased the ingredients, the CORRECT cooking utensils and started to prepare the meal. The only thing I had to do was follow the recipe’s step by step instructions. As the preparing went on I got more confident in following the directions. I heated the stove to the proper temperature, spread out the seasoning and let it cook. When the suggested cooked time was achieved, I tasted the dish and was surprised how good it turned out. I had a new favorite meal. Since then I have graduated from Ramen Noodles (Really inexpensive "Just add water" Noddles) and became really good at making real pasta. I even throw the noodles in the air to see if it sticks to the ceiling. After a while cooking became easier, dishes got more creative and the ceiling had a variety of foods sticking to it. And all I had to do was follow the step by step instructions. And just like making a dish, reaching a goal is very similar. To effectively reach a goal it usually takes step by step instructions on getting there. If there is something you want to do, take time to do research on what makes it possible. Then gather your facts in a step by step map on what needs to be done to get there. After the instructions for your goal are complete, review it and do it. If your instructions are correct and if you follow them, you are more than likely going to reach that goal. Smaller goals require planning & bigger goals require a little bit more detailed plan. But, they are all reachable. So whatever you want to do whether it’s take a road trip, start a business, buy a car, build a Death Star, buy a house or prepare some Ramen Noodles; Just complete the instructions, review it then do it. And after it’s done throw your goal in the air and see if it sticks to the ceiling. Love you guys. "Aum"

There are 277 visitors, 4 guests and 16 members online (one in chat): Firewolf, Sven One, Adder, Alexandre Orion, Khaos, FTPC, Adi, Korvus, Tellahane, Hyrum Tigerprice, MadHatter, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, FAT, x57z12, stmac15, DanielBenYosef, CableSteele, academic_observer, Ruff.

Follow Us