Force Powers

More
4 years 3 months ago #345759 by Rex
Force Powers was created by Rex
No

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Locksley, J. K. Barger, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #345761 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
not what it isn't.

More
4 years 3 months ago #345766 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Force Powers
That it takes slightly more effort and patience than "gimme, gimme!" does. One of the frequently asked questions is how to begin training. I suggest going there to read about the answer, it even links to the first place you'd go to commence with it.

BTW, who ever is in charge of the FAQ, the description of how to get to the IP is a bit out of date there...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, Skryym, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #345770 by
I suggest engaging in some of the force threads around. Not all believe as Rex does!

More
4 years 3 months ago #345774 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Force Powers
That's right, some think you can learn those things here. They are wrong. The policy is rather quite unambiguous and there are precedent decisions against, too, when adding woo-woo training officially was suggested in the past.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, Jhannuzs Ian, Leah Starspectre

More
4 years 3 months ago #345775 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers
Telekinesis is something with no verifiable scientific existence, and if it exists outside of the realm of scientific inquiry, it would not be acquired in a short term.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Carlos.Martinez3, Jhannuzs Ian

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #345778 by

steamboat28 wrote: Telekinesis is something with no verifiable scientific existence, and if it exists outside of the realm of scientific inquiry, it would not be acquired in a short term.

I subjectively think I am a little more woo-friendly than some of the Temple's more skeptical members, but I have to agree with Steamboat here. If we are to lend credibility to a paranormal phenomenon that has yet to be studied and/or verified by research with reasonable scientific controls, we have to insist that the phenomenon occurs sufficiently frequently under a sufficiently varied assortment of conditions that we feel it's at least potentially real. I don't see telekinesis as a phenomenon that passes either scientific or seat-of-the-pants analysis.

The most well-known displays of telekinesis with which I'm familiar were provided by Nina Kulagina of the former Soviet Union. There are some pretty convincing videos of her moving things around without touching them, but there are a few reasons to be doubtful:

1. So far as I know, no one else claiming psychic power has been able to duplicate her feats.

2. Skeptics, including some illusionists who know how to use trickery to perform seeming miracles, claim her deeds can be
replicated via sleight of hand.

3. Even Pravda, the primary news medium in the former Soviet Union, accused Ms. Kulagina of fraud. .

Some of the most enthused devotees of Transcendental Meditation claim to be able to levitate themselves. If you examine their videos, you'll see people rapidly bouncing across cushions in a style that could be replicated by a disciplined contracting of the muscles in the legs and hips.

At least in our current stage of evolution, our prospects for telekinesis are pretty slim. I do not mean to convey though that there is no such thing as the Force; only that it does not function the way we see it in the movies. Something similar to the Force is described by the adherents to many of the world's spiritual traditions; assessing its reality and understanding what it is, as best we may, requires discipline, commitment, and time.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by . Reason: Had to correctly state the position of Pravda regarding Nina Kulagina

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #345780 by
Well it might not be that widespread right now but the human race is just starting to wake up to its real potential. I recall that Luke could not lift his x-wing from the swamp but Yoda could do it easily. Same potential but different ability. thats all we have right now maybe is potential.

there is also Matilda Wormwood, Carrie White and Uri Geller that have famously displayed these types of powers not to mention all kinds of videos emerging today that just get discounted because a scientist didn't do it. I dont think we need a scientist to show us or prove what is already right in front of us!

There are ideas now that we might have micro-PK where we can effect small stuff over periods of time. that is just coming out right now and could be the end of the doubters. plus we have the capability to already do lots of stuff with machines. we can go from thought to text and all kinds of stuff like move things with just a mind interaction. Just think if that power in the mind got naturaly amplified instead of machine amplfied. well there we are!

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #345783 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Powers
According to ancient manuscripts i found online, there are genies at the ends of every rainbow and if you bring them a virgin at exactly midnight of any full moon, they will teach you everything they know about magic without you having to be trapped in a pot of gold. We know this is true from evidence.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #345785 by
Good luck finding a virgin!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi