The 21 day Daniel Fast

More
6 years 11 months ago #283272 by Eleven
Hello everyone I am going to be starting The Daniel fast starting tomorrow. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know. Below, is just a guidelines of what the fast is...any questions feel free to PM me.

On this you may only eat fresh fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, water, juice...(Only if you make it yourself no sugars at all except raw honey). No sugars except Raw honey, no sodas, coffee, candy, fast foods. You can cook your vegetables but, it has to be seasoned with only Kosher salt, sea salt or Pink Salt...not table salt because it contains Iodine...(The bad one for you).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #283279 by
Replied by on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
One question: why? :)

More
6 years 11 months ago #283283 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
I've done this before. I have the same question tzb had. Why? I think its really difficult to sustain something until you know for yourself the reason behind it.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 11 months ago #283284 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
My self personally is I am interested in becoming possibly a vegan and alot of the foods on the Daniel fast is vegan friendly. Secondly, Daniel Fasting in the Bible and I want to fast to get closer in my spiritual walk with the living FORCE. Lastly, I want to lose some weight. Now, I know there are other options other than this one and I know it's based off The Bible and I am sure that is getting a lot of questions of why a Jedi would be doing that but, these are my reasoning's.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

More
6 years 11 months ago #283350 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
After thinking this through a little bit more. I thought what is the point? So, I decided not to continue this.

More
6 years 11 months ago #283355 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
You know I read this and thought good for you.
If it can help then do it, your original points for doing this seemed fine to me, so could I ask, is it just you doubting yourself why you have decided not to do this?
If you need support in keeping to the plan then pm me, I do wierd weeks where I cut out certain foods, more for detoxing my body than anything else.
It can be hard to follow any diet/fasting plan. And of cause you need to be careful about what you cut out. Some things we need just to work right.
I am currently cutting out all sugars, which is making me moody as hell.
If you just need a partner then I am here.

Everything is belief

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #283359 by
Replied by on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
I have begun many a diet to realize I didn't care enough about cutting out certain foods to stay motivated.

The reasons you listed for doing the Daniel Fast are good! Do you care about them? Do you want to lose weight? Why? Do you want to become closer to the Force? Why? What is tugging on your heart strings. Pull it into focus and then act on it.

Instead of starting with a what and finding the why.. start with the why, and that will fuel the what. Just don't stop at why. haha.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by .

More
6 years 11 months ago #283406 by Alethea Thompson
A Fast that brings you closer to something spiritually (whether it is God or "the Force" or otherwise) should take some time to figure out your plan.

It is recommended that you read daily on things pertaining to Christianity and listen to Christian music, etc. Basically actually spend time with God rather than just expecting the fast to get you there.

So why not actually make a goal to get through a fast. Start your planning now, are their any books that might help you consider the workings of "the Force" better you're interested in? Plan a specific time during each day that you'll dedicate to reading on it or meditating on "the Force". Plan out your meals and make sure you have them available for your fast.

While 21 Days is something to look forward too, however, I'd recommend working on doing a 3 day fast first and see how it works out for you. Then work on planning a future one to increase the time until you fill comfortable taking on 21 days.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 11 months ago #283407 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
I echo what alethea said here as well as state that the fast does not have to be from food, but should honestly look at things that are standing in the way of a relationship between you and God, or your attunement with the Force

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven

More
6 years 11 months ago #283410 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic The 21 day Daniel Fast
For me it was firstly important to get into the habit of cooking my own meals, which is not hard to justify as it turns out easier on the budget, but does require energy and forethought in regards to timing. Once that is established it really comes down to finding easy to make, healthy and tasty recipes which can act as regular meals. Then, after that the ingredients might be able to be bought in bulk a bit more which can bring some more savings for the budget. Otherwise, a tendency to bounce back and forward between the bad habit and the good habit might derail the effort becoming sustainable (if that is the intent).

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi