Meditation

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249681 by
Meditation was created by
So since joining the Temple I have, as I am sure most have, began meditating more often. Through reading about it and experimenting with both the position and technique I have found that personally the Sieza position combined with breathing exercises works best for me.

Through this I continue to learn more about myself and I can feel myself becoming calmer and more patient.

As a matter of interest I would like to know now: How do YOU meditate?

Thank you and MTFBWY.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249803 by
Replied by on topic Meditation
Whenever I can is honestly the best answer.

Still don't have a set schedule, as I'm all around the place these days. But, I make time. Even if I book a meeting room at work for 15-30 mins, and sit inside, there's always a bit of time in your day for it.

Lately I've been using the MHK Mindfullness and Guided Meditation app (free), as it has short, very thought out meditations that work extremely well for me.

As for position, it depends on my mental state. If I'm wide awake, or energetic, I'll close my eyes and sit lotus in a chair/against a wall. If I'm tired though, I keep my eyes half open, in a relaxed state, same poses.

More
7 years 8 months ago #249867 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Meditation
Very recent discussion of interest;
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/115363-meditation

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249874 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic Meditation
How do i meditate?

I use my comfortable little meditation pillow, sit down and cross my legs (sometimes lotus, sometimes half lotus or just legs crossed) and place my hands in the "cosmic mudra" position before closing my eyes. After that, when the meditation itself begins, i start breathing. Not deep, or in any way else then what's natural to me at first (deeper and/or slower breathing usually comes around later), i focus on my inhales and exhales, and count every breath until i reach ten, when i do i start all over again at one. Should my mind wander away (which it always does :P ) i usually notice it after a while and do my best to focus at my breathing once again.

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Yugen.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #250068 by
Replied by on topic Meditation

Adder wrote: Very recent discussion of interest;
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/open-discussions/115363-meditation

My apologies, I did not see this before. I did not mean to copy a discussion that was already taking place.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi