Jedi do not smoke.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264933 by
Replied by on topic Jedi do not smoke.
I'm back. I've discovered many interesting things about what made me addicted to smoking. I think, I've discovered enough of them.

I plan to "fail better" at Nov 30th. B)

Snowy, sorry but...
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264934 by

den385 wrote:
Snowy, sorry but... fuck off already.

You just summed up what we've all been wanting to say over the past few months. I salute you.

More
7 years 5 months ago #264974 by Brontyn
Replied by Brontyn on topic Jedi do not smoke.
Den, I'm very happy to hear that you're back! I stumbled across this post cause it's something I've been thinking about recently, and I was looking for helpful tips. Was not expecting the emotional roller coaster ride that I got!

No one and nothing can take away your accomplishment of not smoking. That's not a failure. It was a choice, and you continued to make that choice everyday, every second, for those 21 days! No one will ever even know how many times you were tempted, and made that choice to keep it up. Changing your mind about it later can't and won't, undue that. Not after half a pack, or a years worth of packs!

I don't know your situation, and despite the variety of different responses and types of motivation you've received here, it doesn't seem like anyone else does either. If you need time to regroup, you take it. In my opinion, after having read and felt the strength of your convictions and the absolute joy that came through your words while reporting your success, I don't think it will take a year for you to start again. But, if it does, I'm sure that there is probably a good reason for it, and I can understand that, even without ever knowing what it was.

I'm fairly new here, but it seems like it's a place with quite a variety of different mentalities and approaches. If tough love is what you need, you'll find it here. If gentle, consoling support is what you need, you'll find it here. And if here is not what you need, it seems like you'll find arms ready to welcome you back if you return.

I have faith in you. I believe in you. Believe in yourself. Let your fear of failing fall away. Put aside your anger over thinking you've failed in the past. Have faith and trust in the Force. Let it guide you, and help you see the path. You will know what to do. And when the time is ready for you to try again, you'll be ready.

May the Force be with you, my friend.

I am strong because I've been weak. I am fearless because I've been afraid. I am wise because I've been foolish. - Unknown

Rules for happiness, something to do, someone to love, something to hope for. - Immanuel Kant
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #264978 by
I am very happy to have you back

PS: dont tell people to fuck off just because they have something to say that you dont want to hear , get to the point where it hurts and start healing ,and yes i dont hide this from anyone , i am neither afraid to use words that already everyone knows nor am i afraid to tell them how i feel, en neither am i worried about how they feel about me , because we need to have a thick skin as a Jedi and just to rub it in a bit more , i have not smoked since 8 march , and now its your turn. Put your money where your mouth is so to speak loll
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by . Reason: forgot to insult Den

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #264987 by
Thank you for your support!

Smoking hijacks one neural route in brain, creating a loop where nicotine becomes pretty much a synonym for positive energy in 50% cases. With 1st day's cigarette nicotine subtracts 30% of positive energy from me (meaning calm, joy, concentration etc.). Then, with each cigarette it gives me back ~50% of it, which starts fading in about an hour after. To disable this neural route, I have to stay functional on 50% of positive energy for a couple of months. During september, october and november, while I was on sabbatical from totjo, I've figured out how to boost my overall energy stock from X to Y, so that 50% X > Y, because in september I barely had enough energy to stay functional *with* smoking. Now I have 2 weeks to get 100% ready to live on 50% energy.

---

MartaLina, with all due respect, you have no idea what I am going through. Smoking is just a label over trash of individual psychological habits & you can't compare my trash to yours. However, I appreciate your words if they are "tough love". Your words are 70% tough and 30% love and snowy's are 100% tough and 0% love, so she can go do the said thing. I can state it more clear: whoever advices me in "tough love" mode without a bit of empathy, can feel free to fuck off.

As of language - I don't want teens to see grown-up people claiming to be Jedi to set a bad example, yet spoilers break lines of text.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265063 by
Point taken and i do agree its at least 30 percent love ;)

More
7 years 5 months ago #265065 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Jedi do not smoke.
welcome back bro, its good to see you again

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265169 by
Welcome back, Den! Best of luck, May the Force be with you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #267908 by
I smoked for a time, but the wife hates the smell, so I switched to a vape. But it's not cheap to use it as much as I do, and I have a lot more expenses now compared to when I started a few years ago. I've been considering quitting for months, which means to me that some significant part of me wants to take the plunge. I'm still on the fence. Let me know if and when you get back to it, and I'll see if I'm ready to drop down with you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi