Tai Chi and Qigong Resource(s)

More
7 years 9 months ago #248946 by TheDude
I recently stumbled across this youtube channel . While normally I wouldn't advocate learning a martial art through videos, for those of you with previous martial arts experience these videos could serve as a resource to learn something new. And I think these are generally well put together so that a solitary beginner can still get some health benefit from them.

If you've found any other resources for Tai Chi and Qigong, please share them. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #248948 by MadHatter
Thanks for these videos. I look forward to browsing them. This link in my favorites came to mind: http://flowingzen.com/1024/lifting-the-sky-best-qigong-exercise-ever/

As for the topic of learning martial arts via video I think its fine if your goal is discipline or exercise but if its defensive well then yes an instructor is really needed.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, TheDude

More
7 years 9 months ago #248952 by TheDude
Very nice!
I always like to find the small stylistic differences between systems. The grandmaster of the system I learned, Chian Ho Yin, taught that same move very differently, with the heels touching, fingers interlaced throughout the motion, and a calf raise. Very interesting!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi