What's wrong?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #248919 by
What's wrong? was created by
Do you ever feel like you know that something is bothering you but you don't know what it is? Like a nagging sensation or seemingly spontaneous anxiety or nervousness that you just don't understand? If so, how do you normally go about discovering what the actual root issue is?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #248920 by
Replied by on topic What's wrong?
Basic evaluation of my life up to this point. But, before I get to that point, I try searching my mind for something I may have forgotten that might be important. That, or thinking of the last thing that made me feel that way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #248921 by
Replied by on topic What's wrong?
I've been feeling that exact sensation for weeks now. The way I discovered the root issue of why was mapping out what time of day I usually felt it and in what environment. What types of feelings could I pinpoint in this environment. What I found was that I felt it every weekday during the afternoon at work.

Now I've realized from that mapping that I'm unsatisfied in many areas of my life and why it wasn't obvious before was because I didn't want to admit it to myself and lied to myself that it wasn't it. But it is, and I can't easily change it like random people have advised me to do. Instead of working a desk job, I want to join a riot, ride a roller-coaster, kick-box, find some way of screaming at the Force, "I'M STILL IMPORTANT!" Because ultimately, the deepest root of my current anxiety is feeling like I'm wasting my life. So yes, I understand that feeling perfectly.

More
7 years 8 months ago #248923 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic What's wrong?

Goken wrote: Do you ever feel like you know that something is bothering you but you don't know what it is? Like a nagging sensation or seemingly spontaneous anxiety or nervousness that you just don't understand? If so, how do you normally go about discovering what the actual root issue is?

I dig. And dig and dig and dig and dig. "I reacted this way, this doesn't make sense on the surface, why? What else makes me feel this way? Where did this come from? Where did I experience this? Where DOES it make sense? Is it a useful reaction? Can I redirect it? Can I change it? Can I help it? Do I just need to ride it out?"

This is how I've uncovered my 'mother's' programming. Noticing an unreasonable reaction, and instead of JUST reacting, asking WHY I was reacting. It makes the next one easier to head off sooner and sooner, to the point where they diminish and hopefully fade to nothing. Anxiety is one of my Dragons. She and Fear both chitter together like chickens until they work themselves up in a panic and take me with them. Knowing their triggers helps me know how to react properly later, to distract them earlier or talk sense into them.

And while you're working on figuring out what the root of the reaction is, have compassion. For yourself and your dragons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3,

More
7 years 8 months ago #248926 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic What's wrong?
If one seeks, what will they find? If the focus is..." wrong"... guess what u will eventually find. ? The off feeling may very well be some forms of Un balance somewhere. Balance and focus are king to a Jedi. There are mantras, mediations , classes and good old fashioned stories to help find balance in things, but it is so keen to make sure u r balance is OK before you go searching for dragons to slay. When I feel out of tilt I rely on my certain meditation. One of my lessons I learned not as a Jedi but as a human was GIGO. The old garbage in, garbage out theory. Google it if you like. Hope this can help find some rationing to your reasons friend. Your never alone in this Temple. Keep the Force with you Goken! Your on a path that leads... to revelation! Be well

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi