Marijuana and its use

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #229539 by
Marijuana and its use was created by
I would love to hear the collective thoughts on this topic. The use of Marijuana for healing and or force sensitivity practice?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229544 by
Replied by on topic Marijuana and its use
To put as simply as I can, I do not believe in it's use for any reason unless prescribed by a doctor. However, I do not believe that I have the right to tell people what to do in their own homes. Just don't drive high because then it becomes about public safety.

I have the same views on alcohol in case you're interested. I know that many times people try to use the "alcohol is worse than pot" argument.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #229551 by Lykeios Little Raven
I feel that marijuana has very clear uses in medicine. It is great for combating nausea, easing pain, increasing the appetite, among other things. I have no problem with people using it for medicinal purposes.

As far as using it to assist with Force sensitivity? I've never thought about that possibility. Though I have heard of it being used in shamanic and other spiritual practices. I suppose the same general principles could be applied in your example. I am not opposed to its use for such things either. Provided the power of the plant is respected. I'm not even opposed to its use as a recreational drug. If people want to get high and laugh until they cry just for the sake of it that is their personal decision. As long as you aren't inflicting others with serious second hand smoke or trying to force the unwilling into using it I have no problem with you smoking a bowl every now and then.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Lykeios Little Raven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , J. K. Barger

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #229555 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Marijuana and its use
If it was up to me - it's not - it would be a Blessed Holy Sacrament. And alcohol is so much more harmful than marijuana that saying otherwise is either a bad joke or a sign of extreme ignorance about the verifiable scientific studies on the substances.

If you use it just because it make you feel good and you're not abusing / misusing it - great. Our society has still not gotten over the Puritan crap - "The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.” ― H.L. Mencken

Study: Alcohol Is “More Than Twice As Harmful As Cannabis” — So Explain To Me Again Why Pot Is Illegal? - See more at: http://blog.norml.org/2011/11/01/study-alcohol-is-%E2%80%9Cmore-than-twice-as-harmful-as-cannabis%E2%80%9D-so-explain-to-me-again-why-pot-is-illegal/#sthash.u07Sfvhx.dpuf

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Lykeios Little Raven, J. K. Barger, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229571 by
It's an intoxicant, so for me it weakens my connection to my feelings, my sensations, my own thoughts and the natural flow of my life. It heightens some things at the expense of others. In my opinion its use isn't especially "Jedi", just like consuming junk food isn't, watching crap soap operas isn't, etc etc. None of these things stop someone being Jedi, but they are the opposite of the goals of my practice.

But there's something wrong in a world where cannabis is illegal, and alcohol is not. That should be reversed, in my opinion (as a recovering alcoholic and ex stoner).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229602 by

tzb wrote: It heightens some things at the expense of others.

But there's something wrong in a world where cannabis is illegal, and alcohol is not.

This.

More
8 years 1 month ago #229609 by Br. John
Are You THC Deficient?
Humans may need cannabinoids to live a normal healthy life. Are you getting yours?

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/am-thc-deficient

"It heightens some things at the expense of others." For whom? I'm not saying everybody smoke pot. Don't go around snatching up any old toadstool that catches your eye either. The glasses I wear to see and be able to watch TV and drive would make most of you legally blind if you wore them and you'd be unable to do many things. The dose of insulin I took after breakfast today to stay healthy would put almost all of you (unless you are a very severe Type 2 Diabetic) in a coma and kill you in less than an hour without emergency medical measures to flood you with glucose.

This is not a case of sauce for the goose being sauce for the gander.

Some people don't get along with marijuana but others find it enriching and life enhancing. I can't tell you what is the right use for you - if any - and you can't tell me.

So close to God the Trinity is becoming a Quartet.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: , J. K. Barger, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #229614 by

Br. John wrote: "It heightens some things at the expense of others." For whom?

tzb wrote: for me

Br. John wrote: I can't tell you what is the right use for you - if any - and you can't tell me.

Which is why I didn't.

More
8 years 1 month ago #229619 by Br. John
I'm not chiding anyone or tying to be an ass. I quoted without reference referring to these types of statements in general. Many people make them and I have too.

I was not directing the post at anyone in particular but I see it looks like I did. Sorry for that.

I'm the first to admit that waking up in a public bathroom, lying in a pool of what you hope is your own filth, is not that fun. I know how I dealt with my own alcoholism and drug addiction - with lies and delusions. So take me with a grain of salt. I'm not a paragon of virtue.

I'm the one telling you if you can't be good be careful. And if you must do the wrong thing at least do it the right way.

Peace.

So close to God atheists don't believe in me either.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #229624 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Marijuana and its use
I don't remember, I'd have to try and let you know :lol: :silly:

That said, if I had kids, I wouldn't support any intoxicants until after at least 20 years of age.... due to their brain development, and my personal experiences.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi