• Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • 7 minds, 5 trials and 3 pillars.
More
8 years 1 month ago #227744 by Adder
Acupuncture was created by Adder
For all my readings and the odd lecture and demo I've attended about it, I've never had acupuncture needling.

Though I've done electrical acupuncture, and moxibustion.. not the pins poking out of flesh :ohmy:

I noticed recently this article; http://www.npr.org/2012/02/16/146944270/military-pokes-holes-in-acupuncture-skeptics-theory

Military Pokes Holes In Acupuncture Skeptics' Theory

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Attachment hac4c492.jpg not found

Another story at http://www.military.com/daily-news/2014/05/05/acupuncture-helping-reduce-use-of-pain-killers-in-army.html

Acupuncture has a long history in China, but that is not enough to prove its effectiveness, and indeed it was only part of the traditional medical toolkit which also included things like diet and lifestyle changes, herbal treatments, massage, and even astrology.

Has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with it, and would you consider trying it?

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227795 by
Replied by on topic Acupuncture
I have a form of arthritis that responds really well to accupuncture , it relieves the pain but here it is very expensive , one treatment costs 80 euro thats like 90 US dollars per treatment. It a very broad way of treating someone but can be pin pointed ( pun loll) on one spot exactly to relieve pain. If it is scientific ? Mhouah .... :silly: It sort of redirects the energy stream through your body and in my opinion fools my brain as to where the pain comes from or so , this sounds fuzzy , i know , but it helps :laugh: The accupuncturist that helps me is a real physisian , she then found out that accupuncture can be a big relief in some patients , she did the course , that is still a few years of training and studied al the energy trajectories , i find that fascinating ! I mean...how ?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227796 by
I do not like needles.. :blink: ..If one could get the same result without the needles, would make me happy.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #227798 by

Aqua wrote: I do not like needles.. :blink: ..If one could get the same result without the needles, would make me happy.

My daughter has a few tattoos but when she needs a shot she is all over the place lolll

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #227800 by
The only needles I like are the pain killer needles.. because you feel them only for a second, and they help reducing pain.. But the normal ones, like other weird injection thingies.. you feel feel them the whole day! Every year I get a letter from the local medical office for a injection (Because I am 'member' of a medical risk group for heart and lungs) And they offer me some kind of injections for flu.. Always said no! I really do not like needles.. :blush: Happy me, almost never feel ill.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #228298 by
I made several positive experiences with acupuncture. One of the most impressive situations was my first time I was treated with an acupuncture needle.

Back then I got a lumbago doing gardening. My back hurt like hell an I was hardly able to move. I told my family doctor (who was also pain therapist) and she asked me if she can try something. She pinned a small acupuncture needle right into the pain point.
After a few seconds the point where the needle was pinned started to prickle and a feel of warm spread out from this point. The hurt was gone and I was able to move without any obstructions again.

In the modern western medicine you usually get a heat therapy for this. E. g. you get a balm to stimulate the blood flow and some time under an infrared lamp. But this is not nearly so effective like this small needle prick in my dorsal.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi