Double MTHFR Mutation

More
8 years 2 months ago #226680 by Lykeios Little Raven

Sulabri wrote: I have something that is bipolar effective, meaning I have damage to my brain and body from my time in the middle east and/or an event in Afghanistan (one was chemical, the other physical trauma) and it has left me being treated and classified as bipolar. However I have a rare gene too that is normally not an issue for people, many people from my native american history have it. I process a lot of things differently because of it though.

Straight up though, the human body is one of the most complex and able devices we know of and it can do amazing things even when it is broken and ripped up. Working out, even low-moderate work out like walking around in the sun (even during the winter) will dramatically improve your stability. Vitamin D that is synthesized or consumed orally cannot replace vitamin d made via your skin. A little bit of sunshine a day will increase your production more then you can possibly absorb... also vitamin D in large pill doses can cause a massive body wide rash (happened to me!), it is a horrible experience best left to crying in the shower while wishing it would end one way or another.

As for foliate, I know little of this. I do know that by taking probiotics I was able to absorb more nutrients from my foods and my skin stopped being almost clear at times because of it. Being low on potassium is something I never recommend. I have massive intestinal damage from heavy metal exposure and perhaps probiotics of the right strand (trial and error friend) will help you be able to use biology to overcome pharmacology.

Working out also helps keep your hormones and general body chemistry stable, so in moderation it will dramatically improve the conditions you are struggling with. If you are physically limited like me, or have social anxiety, try yoga and/or tai chi at home as you can always modify it to your needs.

Also if you live with people, inform them of your conditions and have them look out for cycling behavior. Allow them to approach you with information on your behaviors if they change without getting upset, as they will likely see it before you do. Be sensible about your condition in comparison with others, accept it as part of your life as something that needs to be managed. The number one thing bipolar people have a problem with is taking care of their condition, as those bipolar highs are damn addictive. When I am at my peak, I can running 8 digit quadratic math and am a superior asshole while doing it, then I crash and I am lower than dirt... unable to make sense or reason for getting out of bed. With proper management I got this relatively under control.

It's a tough thing to deal with to be sure. I've pretty much accepted it at this point. I already knew with a fairly good degree of certainty that I had bipolar before I was diagnosed. It's the MTHFR stuff that concerns me. It can cause cardiovascular disease at a young age if I didn't mention that. However, I haven't asked my doc about physical activity. Still, I will take your recommendation of exercise seriously. I've been doing my best to at least walk as much as possible.

That rash thing sounds awful. I'll keep an eye out for that when I start taking my vitamin D. It's a very slow release form and I only take it once a week so hopefully that will mitigate any negative effects.

Thank you very much for all your pointers. I try to get at least a little sunlight everyday but it's apparently not enough. Still, I'll try to increase my time outdoors.

I appreciate the information! There is a lot to process still but, like I said, I'm coping fairly well. No problem staying on my medication this time, don't want to end up hospitalized again.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #226707 by
Replied by on topic Double MTHFR Mutation

Thank you very much for all your pointers. I try to get at least a little sunlight everyday but it's apparently not enough. Still, I'll try to increase my time outdoors.

I take Vit D. I also use full spectrum lights in my office and my home. They make a real big difference in my energy levels. Especially in the afternoon. Be well. :)

Outdoors is best by far but isn't always easy to get out. :(
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

More
8 years 2 months ago #226975 by Lykeios Little Raven

Rickie wrote:

I take Vit D. I also use full spectrum lights in my office and my home. They make a real big difference in my energy levels. Especially in the afternoon. Be well. :)

Outdoors is best by far but isn't always easy to get out. :(

Good Idea! I'll look into those! Hadn't thought about the lighting in my home.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi