Reiki

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #222232 by
Replied by on topic Reiki
As a level 1 practicioner of Reiki, i feel i must say, as with all Human things of this kind. Belief is paramount. If you have the slightest bit of doubt, it will not work for you. You need to convince the logical mind that it is possible. and then take the experiences to heart. i do not recomend paying for it, instead find someone who is a master and befriend them. that is how it worked for me and i love my teacher for sharing his knowledge.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #226949 by Figment
Replied by Figment on topic Reiki
As a Reiki Master myself, I thought I would give another positive view point.

I have been a Reiki Master for over 15 years. I have met some wonderful practitioners, Masters, teachers, and enthusiast. As well as many people who have been helped by Reiki.

I think some of the problem is that people are looking for a miracle cure. If a teacher is trying to tell you it is a miracle cure and/or wants hundreds of dollars, they aren't worth your time. I was taught for free by a charismatic person who thought Reiki was here on Earth to help all people out. She didn't want money to teach, give treatments, or anything. Those she taught usually did bring her something nice as a thank you, but never any money. I have kept to that tradition of not charging, although I do not teach because I really don't have the time.

The tradition of paying hundreds if not thousands of dollars was when Reiki was first introduced and it was believe that if people didn't pay for it, they would not value it. It is an old way of thinking, that is still true in some areas but not all.

There are many ways to use Reiki, it can be an enhancer in many areas of your life. As a massage therapist, I incorporated it into my work all the time. They symbols are a nice meditation focal point. I have even used it to dispel negative energy.

As to one of the original questions, as the idea of Reiki and The Force. I think the energy used in Reiki (the universal life force, chi, ki, prana, etc.) is the Force. They are just different names for the same thing. This is my point of view, of course, and may not be shared by others. This is just what my experiences have shown me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #226985 by

Figment wrote: ... I have been a Reiki Master for over 15 years. ...

I have a question for you, Figment.

I am a Reiki Level II practitioner (Usui tradition). I have a positive affiliation with the person who attuned me to both levels I and II, and she has nudged me to consider the Level III attunement. While my "attuner" does charge a fee, I am convinced this suggestion is not motivated by money; the amount to be paid is nominal.

My understanding is that the benefits of Level III are for those who want to attune others. I do not currently expect to be doing this, but down the road ... you never know. In the meantime, I am curious; do you feel there are other benefits from Reiki III attunement?

I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer - thanks.

-- Todd

More
8 years 2 months ago #227021 by Figment
Replied by Figment on topic Reiki

Omhu Cuspor wrote:

Figment wrote: ... I have been a Reiki Master for over 15 years. ...

My understanding is that the benefits of Level III are for those who want to attune others. I do not currently expect to be doing this, but down the road ... you never know. In the meantime, I am curious; do you feel there are other benefits from Reiki III attunement?

I'd appreciate any guidance you can offer - thanks.

-- Todd

Hi Todd,

I would say that if you aren't expecting to teach anytime soon, I would wait. There are a couple of benefits, for instance you will notice energy and be open to more energy than in level II. That being said, if you are the type of person who is already sensitive to subtle energy changes, it will not do much for you. The master symbol can be useful, but to be honest, I normally just use my Reiki II symbols when doing healings or energy work.

If you really are interested in the experience, perhaps something can be worked out with your Master, like a trade or a discount. You also have the option to talk to other practitioners and see what others charge. Sometimes there are Reiki shares where you could meet another person who could attune you for a much lower price.

Hopefully this answer your question, feel free to msg me any time.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227062 by

Figment wrote: Hopefully this answer your question, feel free to msg me any time.

Thank you for the insight, Figment. At least at the moment, I'm leaning away from Reiki Mastery; I just don't see the need for it in my own personal situation, though for teachers it's of obvious benefit.

If my mind changes, affordability with my Master is no problem. Her fees are low, and I do not have reservations about paying for a service like this as some do. Providing services along the lines of Reiki training provides her livelihood, and I do not begrudge her in the least for getting paid.

Thanks once again. Much appreciated!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227069 by
I had never heard of this before now. Many interest. Much research.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227106 by
I have my Reiki I and my Celtic Reiki I attunements, and I only use them on myself.

For me, the techniques taught seem to be about channelling the Force in a way that makes sense to the practitioner. If Reiki doesn't make sense to you, don't use it, but don't piss in the proverbial cornflakes of those who do find understanding and connection through it.

However, it is perfectly fair to challenge people who cause harm using Reiki as an excuse. If someone claims Reiki is a miracle cure, or that it has an ancient, pure lineage, then question them.

I want to be in tune with the Force, and Reiki training gave me a way to do that though I used different language at the time. I work shamanically, so it makes sense to me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227392 by
Hi

To me Reiki and Jedism are a natural pairing. In basic terms Reiki is a form of healing work done by channelling the energy of the universe, and in basic terms, in my limited understanding, the Force is that living energy of the universe. You will find that if you choose to close your mind to either you will have a lets say a limited experience. The opposite is of course true for both as well. What is best, or worth it for you is your choice, your intent, and the direction of your focus. Use your feelings, trust your instinct. Follow the guiding force inside of you, not others opinions. Then your path will become clear.
As far as costs go you can find endless free information online and on utube.
Good luck

Mac

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi