Where do you meditate?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227534 by
Replied by on topic Where do you meditate?
Wherever I can!

I find it hard to find the time to meditate consistently - discipline in my practice is something that has come hard for me. So, I try to take any opportunity for stillness and meditate in the environment I happen to be in.

More regularly this is a room in my house, in the Tai Chi studio during my current Chi Gong practice (standing and moving meditation), or in the yoga studio during yoga. I enjoy moving meditations. But equally important to me is sitting meditation. The focus is very much different during these different types of meditation.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227554 by

Aspen Evenstaad wrote: Wherever I can!

I find it hard to find the time to meditate consistently - discipline in my practice is something that has come hard for me. So, I try to take any opportunity for stillness and meditate in the environment I happen to be in.

More regularly this is a room in my house, in the Tai Chi studio during my current Chi Gong practice (standing and moving meditation), or in the yoga studio during yoga. I enjoy moving meditations. But equally important to me is sitting meditation. The focus is very much different during these different types of meditation.

Looks to me you do just fine.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #227599 by
Today i am gonna meditate in the forest , while Frodo runs rings around me :woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228308 by
I do two daily meditations in a chair in my bedroom. I lock the cat out.

I do also do other meditations of several varieties and I can do these anywhere, I do some meditations depending upon the phase of the moon.

Sometimes I participate in meditation groups or circles too.

More
8 years 2 months ago #228393 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Where do you meditate?
Where ever I am.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #228444 by
I sit on the edge of my bed most times, but 99% it's in my room. I'll stand, sit, or lie down but rarely will I ever do it outside of my room since my roommate is prone to talking to me when she sees me outside of my room. I have a mat laid out for meditation and other things which might be down on an otherwise uncomfortable hardwood floor, but I don't use it much because it is terribly uncomfortable to sit there in one spot unmoving for extended periods of time.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228466 by

rugadd wrote: Where ever I am.

This ^

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi