Fitness, Nutrition and Jediism

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210079 by
Replied by on topic Fitness, Nutrition and Jediism

Cayce wrote: Well said! Keto is rather amazing, and I use it coupled with Yoga / Tai Chi / Interval Running currently. Still very early on in this 'round', but I lost 50lbs so far with this method and feel ah-may-zing when I'm living that way. I think the biggest challenge for people trying it is finding good recipes, because you should always feel full and sated.

WOW! Very good job! I think that your choices are optimal (Yoga + Interval Running) is one of my favs. Well if you have already lost 50lb you cannot be on early stage, you have got a lot right now! How much would you like to lose?
I agree with you, finding recipes is a challenge, for me the most difficult are those for breakfast :pinch:

Almeida wrote: I got back to the gym last week. Besides the regular gym activities, I'm also running, because I want to train for 5k+ races and be able to participate and finish them next year.

I still didn't change much my diet, besides trying to diminish with sugar and eating less bread, a staple of Brazilian breakfast - bread and butter.

The gym I go also offers Yoga and martial arts, so I'll probably start with yoga this week, and with Karate next year. Maybe I'll also do Muai Tai, or Boxing.

Nice! Returning to gym means that you keep your motivation up so that will help you to get into your objectives :) 5K are the nicest races to start with, I have some people asking me if they could start with a marathon! :blink:

Your diet may be ok if you just remove sugar and some "white bread". And please, take care with Martial arts!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210080 by

Connor L. wrote: I am way overweight, so I can't move very well. So, I am working on cardio three times a week (stationary bike, elliptical).
And, eventually I would like to do this: http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

I am working on my diet as well. I have severe (and I mean SEVERE) mental incapacities that make it difficult.

Hi Connor!
If you are overweight the first thing you should care about is your health, specifically your knees.
Any cardio activity you could do should avoid impact over your joints, so eliptical and bike are good options. Also some walks could be good idea (not sooo long).
5x5 workout is a good idea, I think that lifting could help you with your overweight (the more muscle you have the more fat you burn) and it is also an activity that can pump your desire for self-improvement. If you need some changes to it (just because you cant squat or something, please tell me and I'd give you some other options that can substitute it).

Dieting is quite hard but only in the starting point. Many people argues that they start their diet quite motivated and then the lose the interest and quit. That's because they are following a medical or stereotipical diet. My propose is not to diet, just to follow an easy menu, a menu designed specially for you and your needs, with most of the food that you like and not only lettuce and spinachs. That's my argument, and I works most of the time and with most of the people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210101 by
Let me first thank you for this thread , i am not overweight but i found out to my horror that my fatpercentage was 36 percent !! I was shocked , i go to the gym 2x a week , and 2x slenderyou sessions for the arthritis i have so i have a lot less pain, i am a sugar addict and that explained the high percentage.

My diet is low carb , high proteine , i got rid of the car , so..a lot of walking and cycling , i walk everybodies dog :woohoo: , and at the gym i upt the weights and lowered the reps and do 20 minutes longer cardio, 30 in total and i am still building this up.

But as i said i have sugar addiction , so there ar chocolate covered raisins that are calling my name ...

My fat percentage had gone down 3% already and i gained 500 grams .. :P but that doesnot show

Ow and i have been forbidden from taken ANY light products , as they make me violently ill and have caused family menbers of mine diabetes !!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210120 by

MartaLina wrote: Let me first thank you for this thread , i am not overweight but i found out to my horror that my fatpercentage was 36 percent !! I was shocked , i go to the gym 2x a week , and 2x slenderyou sessions for the arthritis i have so i have a lot less pain, i am a sugar addict and that explained the high percentage.
My diet is low carb , high proteine , i got rid of the car , so..a lot of walking and cycling , i walk everybodies dog :woohoo: , and at the gym i upt the weights and lowered the reps and do 20 minutes longer cardio, 30 in total and i am still building this up.
But as i said i have sugar addiction , so there ar chocolate covered raisins that are calling my name ...
My fat percentage had gone down 3% already and i gained 500 grams .. :P but that doesnot show
Ow and i have been forbidden from taken ANY light products , as they make me violently ill and have caused family menbers of mine diabetes !!

Ok, lets see your case. First, thanks for showing your problem and your solution and also about trusting me in taking a look to it.
What I see in a first look is that you may have some insuline resistance problem. That is usually due to an excesive intake of sugar and related. This resistance is usually associated with Type 2 Diabetes.
To reduce fat % the body should get rid first of that resistance and that can only be done playing with the amount of simple carbohydrates you eat. Once the body receives the correct information about the CH catabolism you can try something similar to what you are doing: LOW-CARBS/CONTROLLED-PROTS/MED-TO-HIGH-FATS. That will tell your body that you are not getting rid of essential fats nor estheroids and (with the help of some cardio exercises) achieve your goal.

I hope that could help you. If you need more info please contact me, it would be a pleasure to help any of you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi