Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Is offending a group of people always bad? (Last post by Gisteron)
    • Quote: Only good reason will support a claim. So please refer me to the post number where you explained where the practice of justice is difficult? That'd be post #242165. You even responded to it in #242243, if I recall correctly. On the other hand, your "demonstration" that justice is simple amounted to asserting that it is something people either innately have or don't have. But as you said, only good reason will support a claim, no mere assertion can. So would you kindly point us to the post where you supported anything you said so far? Thank you. Quote: The context is offenders that committed a wrong is clear and simple, and therefore always bad. No. That is the context, and the question is whether it is bad any of the time, some of the time or all of the time. You keep insisting that it always is and your reason is that offense is an injustice. I'm sorry but choosing a label for it doesn't an argument make. If you take this position, you have a burden to substantiate it. Quote: But, if someone were to disagree that offenders are not always bad; let the reason speak to support the claim, otherwise the claim is unfounded and unsupported by reason; i.e. unreasonable No, that's not how reasoned arguments work. Dismissing your unfounded claim does not amount to making a claim of one's own. Until such time where you can support your claim with something, I need nothing to dismiss it as unsupported. It is if and only if I were to make a claim of my own that I'd need to bring forth any reason. And as a matter of fact, whenever Wescli - or myself for that matter - have made any positive claims, we did provide reasons to support them. You, on the other hand, didn't even once. Five pages worth of thread later, we're still waiting.
    • Is I is, or is I aint a Jedi? (Last post by CableSteele)
    • That's really nice! You found solid gold, man. I know what you mean about it being real. That moment when you realize that your dedication to the Jedi path is genuine. You are one of the ones who made an impression on me when I first found this place. Your welcoming of me told me right away that this was the kind of community I was looking for. Thank you. May the Force be with you.
    • Defining Jedi and Sith (Last post by Rex)
    • Well, thank you all who have responded for your thoughts. I completely understand that the temple is purposefully vague, and did this not in the spirit of exclusivity, but rather to anneal my own understanding of Jediism. I purposefully ignored any comments regarding Star Wars sith/jedi lore, and even though I can occasionally nerd out on that, think that this discussion has deeper quality and merits similar answers. I'm not a Sith, I only discovered that Sith(-ism?) is a real thing this week; I have, however, been going through the Initiate Programme and feel that Jediism has much to offer, but lacks cohesive thought. Everyone has their own understanding of Jediism, and this has been mostly a way to question my own. To quote a book I recently read, "If nothing is an absolute reality, all is permitted." I don't ask that Jediism creates a ubiquitous system to answer every possible scenario, but do think that the vagueness of Jediism can easily lead to polar opposites flying the same banner while conflicting over who is the "real Jedi." A lot of the posts are people trying to define sith as a mix between the movies and the opposite (or sum) of their beliefs; you have the same questions as me. Anyways, real siths (who happen to be on here) please tell me your opinion, since we've spoken for you in your absence so far. If anyone else want to discuss this, I'd love to have a one on one chat in messages. Quick post-script: Edan, I have briefly read a few things where you talked about your beliefs, and so my comments weren't meant to poke at them, but rather to point out that a traditionalist of any one of those groups might disagree with you similar to how Jedi might argue what Jediism might be (and Sith).
    • Recipes and Goals (Just a thought) (Last post by Codama)
    • Ha, no worries Snowy. Thanks for sharing Shinobi. Maybe there could be a Jedi meal thread. Or a lesson in the IP on things to cook. We could even call it... Force Feed Luke, I am your Cook The Death Starved Can't cook, yet Recipe Cook or cook not there is no hunger Light Savory Jabba the hungry I don't know.
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by Entropist)
    • Quote: I think this is the crux of the matter: you are unwilling to see (or incapable of seeing) merit in personal or subjective experience/opinion. An opinion has no merit because of the fact that an opinion is unfounded in reason. An opinion cannot be used to support its own argument, and is also known as the fallacy of circular reasoning. Also, refrain from ad hominem personal attack when there's absence of reason. Escalating unnecessary, and irrelevant force; is the same as raising your voice, or physical attack; are the same branch of injustice when someone has an opinion (status quo) desired to impose but devoid of any grounds of reason. This dialogue belongs on a different thread, and the topic of the current thread is being murdered by persistent and willful disregard to put reasoning on the table to substantiate a claim. So please present reasoning to demonstrate a point has value to contribute to the discussion. Quote: I truly recommend that you try to open your mind to the fact that humans can be messy, emotional, illogical and imperfect, but still give great insight into life, the universe, and everything. You may see yourself as above the rest with your arsenal of reason and logic, but really, you're missing out on gaining a real understanding of human discourse and the reaping the benefits of it. Plus, it makes you seem like a pretentious jerk (which you may not *actually* be). But if you'd rather be right than happy, then by all means, carry on as usual. To sustain one's happiness based on fallacy and wrongness is status quo bias for injustice Quote: But opinions don't need to be justified, and everyone is entitled to them. That is why they are called opinions. What we are not entitled to is agreement from everyone else that our opinions are correct. You can believe that some opinions are unreasonable and you can try to "prove" them to be illogical, but others can still choose to consider that your opinion even if you know it to be fact. If certain Jedi believe that silence may be the best response to a verbal attack based on their own experience, no amount of your (somewhat flawed) logical nitpicking will change that. The actual experiment resulted in data that suggests silence resulted in the desired outcome. That was their experience, whether logic supports the outcome or not. The irony of this entire dialogue is that perhaps the best way to resolve any differences of opinion or to prove the reasonable and logical legitimacy of claims made here would be silence from everyone going forward. :whistle: Wrong because/and of the subjectivist fallacy, which proves entitlement to opinion doesn't exist, and is irrelevant to whether an opinion is true. We are entitled to freedom to speak reason only.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Miss_Leah)
    • I'm grateful for mild nights after the rain where the air feels like silk on my skin and smells like damp earth. The kind of night that calls me out to reconnect with nature in the stillness of the dark.
    • Force Realist TV (Last post by Lleiffermawr)
    • Greetings, The first thing I learned back when I first became a Freemason, which I have brought with me in any spiritual, philosophical, or religious group I have become a part of is that one's political views, should not be focused upon specific candidates or political parties, but more on the issues themselves, and certainly we have a right to our own views, but that sometimes it is better NOT to bring them up. Not because they do not matter. But because they may matter to us TOO much. We become attached to the expectations that our personal views SHOULD be shared with others, and by that I mean that they should agree with us. When they do not agree with us, that is when the natural reaction is to become angry, and thus, lose our sense of balance. That is when disagreements turn heated. We have the joy of living in a Republic, which champions a democratic method of choice. We choose our Senators and Representatives, who in turn vote according to their own views, which they try to mimic what the majority of their constituents decide it legal. We must also remember that what is legal isn't necessarily right. There is a difference between legal and moral or ethical. Thank you for sharing this video, it has given me a lot to meditate upon tonight. And I feel you have touched on something important for all Jedi to take a look at.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Edan)
    • Another one... The sun was rising above the city; I sat on the rooftop of the cathedral, leaning back on my elbows, admiring the bleeding of red and orange sun into a lightening blue sky. The people down below, the few who were out, were small and difficult to make out. I had watched them only briefly when the terracotta tiles had first become my seat. There was a slight breeze rustling leaves, and a pleasant chill to the air, the smell of the morning waking up the world. Footsteps behind, then the familiar presence joined me at the edge. “This is an unusual spot for you” he noted, as he sat himself, legs dangling, over the edge of the roof. “Sometimes I need to remind myself the light is there” I replied, and it was especially beautiful this particular morning. “Pensive?” “Always.” “So tell me about it.” It didn’t matter where I was or what I was doing, there was a warmth to his words that always comforted. Minutes in his company, or hours, he always had the time, exactly the right time, to listen. “Whenever I think I have solved my issues with how I feel, I find that I in fact simply moved them about a bit.” “Well,” he replied, admiring the sun briefly, “that is because it is not a problem that has a solution, as you think.” He tensed a little, “you see, whenever we talk you go away feeling that you’re somehow a little broken still. You put those feelings to the back of your mind and you leave here for a while, you go out into the world and be one of those little people below." There was a shout below us, both looking down to see its origin, it faded, and our attentions returned. “You hold everything in, retreating into yourself so you can be ‘normal’ for just a little while. But then who you really are starts to gain strength again, slowly taking hold and for a while you own that.” Listening was hard and I found that I couldn’t look at him as he spoke, my focus honed on birds on a distant rooftop. “Look at me!” Momentarily I paused, before I broke my gaze and slowly met his eyes. “But, you let the fear of being strange beat you down again. And in the shadows you show yourself only to the little flame, before extinguishing it once the day is done.” He leaned forward and took my hand with both of his, “Be you! In all that you are, in all that you believe, seize it! And don’t be afraid."
    • [Science] - Free will could all be an illusion (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: Thank you for that... "you have the destiny to live out your free will choices" Thats what I have said, lol... :) Edit: Imma watch that tonight... :) id be interested to "hear" your thoughts on it if you do get the chance to watch it and no worries if you dont its a great lecture imo, he always covers a lot of material in his talks, this is one of my favorites, because explains how the big five model of personality came to be, the value of introversion vs extroversion, gives an easy to understand intro to brain and nervous system function, human echolocation and the likely origins of the blind swordsman myth, and the western explanation of maya you should watch this video because he plays it in the lecture but we cant see it, its less than 2 minutes youve probably seen it or at least something like it, but its good to refresh and if you havent seen this version yet you might enjoy it
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • Horse walk above the clouds: The empty dream journey, a time of silence fly with me, over my clouds hear the wind blowing over your wings hear the wings moving in the air journey in cloud, flight on horseback my emptiness the noble horse Pegasus wild and gentle, moving trough fields bringer of lightning, walk the sky show me your wings Aqua, 26-05-2016
    • Question of the Day (Last post by MadHatter)
    • I have received permission from Knight Reliah to post here until she is back from leave. So today's question of the day is: Do you think the world will be a better or worse place in 100 years from now? Why? Please answer in your own journal.
    • Homosexuality. (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Another piece that was agreed upon across the community, from a document called "The Jedi Compass" - Quote: Tolerance- You do not need to agree with someone's religion, their nationality, their career choice, their dress or anything else for that matter. Tolerance is not about agreement, it is about showing respect for the freedom of a persons choices and to respect their choices, until it reaches a point in which a reasonable person would consider the individual's actions as a/an (emotionally, spiritually, financially, and/or physically) abusive threat to you or another person. You might not agree with people being homosexual, but it doesn't hurt anyone- and therefore if you don't agree with it, you must make the decision to let them be homosexual if that makes them happy (I've met Jedi that don't agree with homosexuality, but they have made the decision to not act on their disagreement with such).

There are 170 visitors, 2 guests and 16 members online (one in chat): Br. John, ren, Alexandre Orion, PatrickB, Cabur Senaar, Atticus509, Tellahane, Hyrum Tigerprice, MadHatter, Gwinn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Rex, FAT, Codama, Miss_Leah, CableSteele.

Follow Us