Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Controlling anger (Last post by Zenchi)
    • I've broken many things out of anger, lol. With that said, I've found a practice of Asana yoga for roughly twenty minutes after meditating first thing in the morning usually keeps the emotions in check. I've been doing it roughly seven years straight for a reason, it works and works well. Discipline the self on both physical and mental levels, you will develop more control as a result...
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Atticus)
    • Grateful for dental floss. I love broccoli, but I always feel like my teeth should not be around other humans after eating it. :lol:
    • Music Share (Last post by Jamie Kay)
    • I have a playlist for a character I'm writing; doesn't exactly count, but it is good music, I believe, for meditation. They're all atmospheric/ambient rock with mostly quiet sounds and occasional crescendos you'll find with Explosions in the Sky. These three songs are my favorites from the playlist: Eluvium - "Prelude for Time Feelers" Explosions in the Sky - "Be Comfortable, Creature" Offthesky - "Whittling you Little Lights"
    • Impartiality (Last post by MadHatter)
    • When it comes to being impartial I will quote a character on StarGate SG1: "How could there be such a person? Anyone who has a mind has an opinion. " However as I learned via the seminary training while we cant be truly impartial we can be aware of that fact and do our best to limit the weight of our biases and opinions. Its a matter of mastery of the self and mindfulness of our own nature.
    • Knights of Awakening: Jedi Safe Spaces (Charles Mc... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • ive thought about a couple of things that is i said, but its too late to edit Quote: well that's pretty ***** stupid lol i dont mean that you personally are stupid Quote: and this is a fundamental difference of perspective that we have: i dont think that it is societies responsibility to adapt itself to my frailties, i think it is my responsibility to make myself capable of interacting with society in a functional and effective way this is an assumption i have made based on things youve said, and maybe there is merit to it and maybe there isnt but i shouldnt state it as if its a proven fact or as if i really know and that should have been "society's" and not "societies" lol like i said in the beginning of that last post, i believe you are promoting the ideas that you think are best for society, which i certainly respect my opinion is that your ideas, the ones i have seen at least, are going to contribute more resentment and hostility to our culture than alleviate, and will cause more problems than they solve i have the impression that your ideas are more about attacking the group that you dont like than they are about about empowering the groups you do like, and so all i see is an attack i dont know if you see it that way but thats how it comes across to me as an observer, and thats why i respond as i do but i also believe that everyone here at totjo is here for the right reasons, and that we should be able to share our views respectfully i dont have anything against you as a person, i just see things differently
    • Corruption in the Democratic Party (Last post by Br. John)
    • Here's a few articles I found either interesting, funny or compelling. ----- I’m A Lifelong Republican And I Don’t Trust Or Like Hillary Clinton. But I’m Voting For Her. by Dave Spencer Founder, Practically Republican www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-spencer/the-...eabl_b_11199654.html Follow Dave Spencer on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PracticallyGOP It comes down to either Hillary Clinton or the The Short-Fingered Vulgarian also known as Donald Trump. Putin is surely backing Trump, whether or not Russia was behind DNC hack. [attachment]
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • White coast of mirror dreams: If I were you, and you were me you would ask, me a question can I write without knowing your purpose bring me your comfort in to myself you would ask, it to yourself hug me wrap my arms around comfort and hope, my tunnels` light I show you, what you know with a new perspective ~ Aqua, 25-07-2016
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • With full respect to freedom of expression: This is a Temple, a sacred environment for training and refinement of the person. By all means, say what you need to say. If, however, you feel the need to bang on about your conspiracy theories, oppression-of-the-white-man fantasies, personal suffering olympics, and whatever other nonsense fills your day, and you're not making even a token effort to relate it back to the purpose of this space, to your development as a Jedi, go rant on facebook. The grown-ups have work to do.
    • Jedi do not smoke. (Last post by den385)
    • Hey! That's my stop-smoking thread. I really need to stop this habit because 1) I see how it limits me and that's unacceptable. 2) I see how this substance hijacks my body and it makes me angry at this pitiful depoendency. Starting today, I start my own challenge to stop smoking. I plan to reduce withdrawal via meditation, beads and sweetmeats. If you are a smoker too and you've searched for an opportunity to abandon this habit - let's do it together. In here, I'll post every time I'll be feeling bad because of withdrawal and/or psychological dependency. Today at 23:55 I'll smoke out my final cigarette. I know, it's easy to say and hard to do. But there is nowhere to retreat when it becomes a necessity. I shall do what I must.
    • Evolution of Things, and division (Last post by Tellahane)
    • This concept, thought.....discussion is going to be hard for me to describe so bare with me! So while studying Internet of Things(IoT) which is something completely irrelevant to this topic, I thought of the label Evolution of things. Now when I say evolution, I'm referring to this definition "the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form". Not so much the evolution where things..."improve" just where they become more complicated in general. So in talking about evolution of things I want to have a discussion on just that, how everything tends to evolve in general. Between charles' video, discussions on privlege, discussions on enlightenment, open-mindedness but also mainly on the idea of practices of jediism, teachings of jediism from 15-20 years ago versus today. Surely there are some things that were figured out with jediism 15 years ago that are still being taught and used today, look at the main jedi code for example, some of the tenants and so on. There are also new things that have been put together since those older days which are also being practiced. New idea's continue to appear. As charles had noticed the gatherings used to focus on some more core related Jedi stuff but now branch out quite a bit. Now lets tie in some division. Obviously even here at the temple where everyone's path is truly their own, there are lots of varying views on a lot of different topics, and for the most part encouraged. Other communities not so much. At some point we seem to always fall back on the discussion of where the line should be, or whether a line should exist at all. I think more and more lately it's starting to show that some of the longer-term jedi who have been around for awhile are closer to drawing a line, whether intentionally or not, vs newer jedi. Only in the sense that they have been following a core set of teachings since day 1, and with all these variations and new ideas and thoughts and concepts that have come out lately that unintentionally it kinda puts what you have been spending many years on under the microscope in the sense that maybe some things you have been focused on for many years may be wrong need to be tweaked or who knows what. A feeling that I don't think anyone particular enjoys. I'm also not out to say there are old teachings that shouldn't exist or are wrong either... Everything eventually will evolve into something more complicated period. It's just a matter of fact, you can create a rule of everyone stops at a stop sign. Well then what if theres more then one stop sign...what if there is a train coming, what if theres an emergency vehicle coming, you can still try and keep it simple but new things will come that will eventually evolve it. Or maybe the better word is complicate it. So for the purpose of this thread, and with recent other threads to reference to, I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on the following questions: 1. How important are any if not all original teachings to Jediism for you? Even if they may or may not continue to be taught today? 2. If a better version of a teaching, or a different train of thought of a teaching comes along, will you be willing to replace the original teaching? Even if there is some debate of whether that train of thought is appropriate to Jedi as a whole?(Try and think of 2 different ways to meditate, one Jedi insists through music, another through physical touch of nature, neither will agree to disagree). 3. If new ways to teach different things causes a division such as in #2 above, is it better to support both sides even if you don't agree, or just focus on the original teaching? 4. How important is the original goal and idea for how Jedi's should be in real life 20 years ago compare to how you see Jedi Should be today? 5. Should the idea's and trainings figured out and put together many years ago be respected and followed regardless or should we constantly look at new idea's and thoughts and meld everything that comes along? 6. At what point does a new teaching seem just far enough away from the original path that it should be rejected vs brought into Jediism in concept. There are many other religions out there that have split off at different times and have different view points of how things should have been or should be, just look at how many different churches follow Christianity, there's 8 different versions in my town alone. That being said: Bonus question #7. Do you feel that the Jedi Community at large, is finally reaching if not already reached in some degree, points where we will divide in different directions regardless of anyone's efforts, simply because of evolution of ideas and concepts and teachings, vs maintaining original core teachings only. (and I want to put emphasis that this is the community as whole including outside of TOTJO). So thats my discussion, again this is a focus on simply the evolution of jediism in itself, not specifically at any one recent topic, just using the recent discussions as a reference.
    • Jedi Knights Meaning (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: Quote: One of the many joys of Jedi ism is its ability to become...anything. Yes, I imagine so, because by that rationale, it doesnt matter if you become anything at all or not. You would still be a Jedi. If Jediism is vastly unexplored, it seems its only because people are filling it up with what they already know, rather than emptying the cup as it were to learn what it is, or can be. Not hard to copy and paste and label the file a different title. I think we live in a cut and paste condition, I know I do at times. It is up to each of us to choose light dark shadow or fake. It's the ability to do... that keeps me coming here. I could be a Jedi by mear title or, live it. Living it, is to me, so much more than just being a title. I get to use it. I get to help others use it
    • Pokemon Go! A generation lost in 1 day.... (Last post by Cayce)
    • Quote: With all the people dying as a result of it, There's only been one confirmed death, which was a few days ago, and the result of a teenager trespassing. I don't believe there is any other confirmed death at this time. Technology has been tied to death for some time, though. Texting while driving, being distracted, apps helping people meet up and then bad things happen, on and on.
    • Stomach fat , core stability , fun excersises (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: I do this workout. (Red Hot Core, DDP Yoga) two times a week, it's an excellent workout for strength building the core. Anyone interested in the variations pm me as it can get really advanced... Nice , i would add a heavier dog for the extra burn haha we do these at the gym and after Aerobics thanks Zenchi :)

There are 191 visitors, 4 guests and 30 members online (one in chat): Br. John, Guardianofwinds, ren, Trisskar, Joe, jake_sato, Connor L., V-Tog, rrhodes67, Kit, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Aqua, OB1Shinobi, Atticus, Tellahane, WRRPhoto, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, joe.s.m, Kyrin Wyldstar, Jamie Kay, Leah Starspectre, Silas Mercury, mfayj, Rahatha, Kaccani, Death, yet the Force, LukaManuka.

Follow Us