Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What do you hope for? (Last post by tzb)
    • That my girlfriend's first day in her new job is successful, and that she can be happier in this new place than the last one.
    • Give this place some credit (Last post by Brenna)
    • Thank you for starting this. I would add, give it the credit that it is due. Yes, it's a work in progress. Nothing is perfect. But there is an unsettling lack of respect for the incredible work and very long volunteer hours that goes into keeping the doors open and the lights on. Even if you don't agree with the way things are done, you owe a level of respect for those that care enough to sacrifice their time to do it. Something that each of us needs to remember. Even me...
    • Reflections (Last post by WillowC)
    • I'm getting MPA in Health and Human Services. It is very interesting. :)
    • Favourite words (Last post by Goken)
    • My themes are generally only for me. I don't expect others to follow. :)
    • Yoga Camp (Last post by Edan)
    • Yoga Camp - Day 25 - 'I Am Strong' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xdof3DtZuk&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC&index=26
    • Live Sermon August 31, 2016 9 p.m. GMT (Last post by Edan)
    • Quote: No worries. CET is GMT+2, but this time of year, you're on CEST (presumably, Central European Summer Time), which is GMT+2. Daylight saving time is a pain, innit? I'm on BST (British Standard Time)... only 1 hour different from UTC which is what the UK is on the rest of the year.. sometimes I still struggle to figure out what time the sermon is! :P
    • How do you Train? (Last post by Edan)
    • I train people at my work, and I've had apprentices here. My methods are slightly different for both. When I train the juniors at my work they start off in stages... working from the less complicated things upwards. When they've got the gist of something then I put them onto the next bit... showing them how to do it, then watching them do it, then leaving them to do it by themselves. They ask questions if they get stuck, and I re-explain if I need to. Some juniors get more handholding than others, some barely seem to need me. When I trained apprentices it was a bit different. I tried to tailor the tasks I gave them to what they specifically needed help with. Often I would set tasks that had come out of conversations that we had had, inspired by something they had been having issues with. Other times I would set something that probably seemed a bit of a right angle to their usual line of thinking, to give them an opportunity to explore a different perspective. I didn't get to train an apprentice to knighthood, which I am disappointed by, so I can't tell how I would have gone further.

There are 134 visitors, 9 guests and 31 members online (6  in chat): Alethea Thompson, Manu, J_Roz, Joe, Adder, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Joxman, Brenna, Llama Su, Kit, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Jamie Stick, Codex, Atticus, Russ40K, Adi, Tellahane, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, Gwinn, Serondrych, -SiNiStEr-, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Leah Starspectre, Sephiroth_deus, Luce Stellare, Lightbearer, Cro, Blitz7737, Arisaig, Jutus.

Follow Us