Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • What I Appreciate About You! (Last post by Brick)
    • Silas, whilst often controversial, you greatly add to the discussion here by providing different view points on things. If everyone shared exactly the same opinion, this place would get dull fast :laugh: And so Ros isn't missed: Ros, you're commitment to this temple never ceases to amaze me, whether its helping run the newsletter, posting in the forum, giving a sermon in chat or thinking up all kinds of cool ways we can connect more socially (Google Hangouts, Film Club, etc)! We're very lucky to have you :)
    • Your Presidential Candidate Preference (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Quote: Quote: If Bernie supporters were going to vote 3rd party because (well most I know can't stand Hillary either), I'm curious which one you think would fit better- Jill or Johnson? In random news, I was rather disappointed to learn that PBS edited Jill's commentary on Hillary Clinton out of their television special. There is no right answer for that question. It is subject to why they supported Sanders. Either way that question would make a great new thread. Why not? ^^ So which candidate are you looking at, and why? Just to give this little post a bit more substance, I'm working on a class for Let's Regroup at KoA on Voter's Awareness (it's party neutral). In the discussions we have up so far, I talk about generating your own policy algorithm (list everything you want the candidate to discuss, prioritize each one on a list of 1-10, grade the candidate's answer based on how much you like it on the 1-10, if anyone's interested I can link the videos I have up already, because it's a lot more complicated to explain without the video XD!), bias judging them by their appearance (well, okay, to be fair, that's more in relation to people at the local level, presidential candidates can't afford to look like joe-smoe), relevance of personality, and I'm working on the one that looks a bit more closely at candidates with flaws in their policies but you like almost everything else, etc. The big names seem to be: The obvious- Hillary and Trump and then third party- Jill Stein and Gary Johnson Jill and Gary haven't made themselves quite well known, but let's be fair, they are third party, it's harder for them to get their time in the spot light. Jill does have a PBS special, but it's been criticized for cutting out her talk about Hillary Clinton in the official release, so there's no telling what else they cut out. Gary Johnson is probably a bit more well known because of his campaign pushing that he's not Hillary or Trump.
    • Apology (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Don't apologize for Murasaki. When he gets an opportunity to come back (in about 2ish days) he can apologize himself if he wants to. Just worry about the person(s) you are responsible for: you, and if you happen to have children, your children. ;)
    • Reminder: a 'Thank You' is not necessarily a 'Like... (Last post by Phortis Nespin)
    • Thanks for the reminder. That is why I would love to see more "buttons" on the bottom. I would like to see words like "OK", "GOOD POINT" "SCREW YOU", "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING", "DO YOU KISS YOUR MOTHER WITH THAT MOUTH". :evil: So what do you think computer guy? can we get some? :woohoo:
    • Weighing Up Charitable Causes (Last post by tzb)
    • V, I always read the description cards at waitrose :D For me choosing to give money, time or publicity to a charity is mostly about where my personal interests lie. I'm moved by homelessness, so volunteer at a shelter. I care about families being provided for, so donate to the food bank. I'm passionate about woodland, so donate to the Woodland Trust. And I am a parent and affected by the plight of children, so I donate to UNICEF. Realistically I could do more good for any one cause by focusing all my energies on it, but I feel trying to do a little good for those things we are most passionate about doesn't harm anything... who knows, my £5 a month might be all that's needed to complete an aid run, my bag of pasta might feed a family. Like my approach to life as a Jedi I do not do any one thing with a single-minded focus, but instead try and cultivate a portfolio of "good things". I try and spread the love around, basically, because I feel that is likely to do the most good to the most people. Totally unscientific but it feels like the right thing to do, for me.
    • How we can help the world (Last post by Gwinn)
    • Personally, I think we can do more to help the world by using the resources needed to build a temple to actually do stuff. I always thought it was ironic that churches spent so much money on gold, silver, and fancy things used in worship when they could be using that money to help someone in need. I understand their desire to glorify God, but depending on your point of view, it can be kind of silly not to help God's creation. In my own life, I'm still learning about the Jedi path and how I can apply it. While I think having a place to physically go and spend time learning away from other distractions, I feel it would just be beyond our organization. Many churches with local congregations are having trouble making ends meet. Even were we able to raise the funds, where would it be located, with our vastly global population? For instance, if it were to be built in the US, even most US members would rarely, if ever, have a chance to visit, let alone members the members from other countries that would need to go through a whole lot more just to visit the country. In addition, who will run it? It would need a staff to maintain it physically, to teach, etc. That means it would need to be built in an area where many members lived locally, or members would have to move to the area. What if the members in that area left TOTJO? Who would maintain it then? Would we have to hire someone? Also, with us so spread out, how often would members visit? Would it always just be an empty building we were pouring funds into, with us getting use out of it once or twice a year? Or would we have 2-3 regular members that were there once a week? It just doesn't seem like it would be worth it. Instead, I think the website is the best thing for us. It's somewhere we can come whenever we need to, linking all of us, wherever we may be. We can share ideas and lessons more effectively here than any building could possibly serve us right now. In addition, I think that remembering to live the doctrine is an important way to show people that Jediism is actually a noble endeavor. Showing people that a Jedi lifestyle is something worth living will do much more than any news story about building a temple could do. In my opinion, if someone wishes to show people that they are not just a Star Wars nerd--that they are something more than that--walk the walk, and let that speak for them. Showing others respect, concern, loyalty, honesty, and integrity will earn much more respect than a building. :)
    • TOTJO Heritage (Last post by Loudzoo)
    • TOTJO Heritage TreeTOTJO Heritage Tree Updated for Brian's Knighthood and Brick's Apprenticeship with Alexandre Orion :) The usual request - please don't edit this yourself. PM me with any changes that need to be made!
    • I Am (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I am An extravert but in an introvert way , that means i need a lot of alone time to recharge A Social Worker , but i am not overly social in my private life , i do like to have fun with just a small inner circle A Teacher , but i am seldom teaching but rather let people find out stuff for themselfes A Mother , but i dont really like other peoples kids nor do i need to hear about them all the time An Optimist , but not insensitive to your suffering or incapability to see the sun behind the clouds , i know life sucks big time sometimes
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I dont care how wonderfull and how great other people think you are , you used me , then you ignored me , and now i am done with you [image]
    • Political Revolution (Last post by AveryR1988)
    • Quote: If Bernie supporters were going to vote 3rd party because (well most I know can't stand Hillary either), I'm curious which one you think would fit better- Jill or Johnson? In random news, I was rather disappointed to learn that PBS edited Jill's commentary on Hillary Clinton out of their television special. There is no right answer for that question. It is subject to why they supported Sanders. Either way that question would make a great new thread.

There are 376 visitors, 3 guests and 38 members online (none in chat): Br. John, Alethea Thompson, Jestor, Karn, Phortis Nespin, Proteus, rugadd, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Joxman, Llama Su, Kit, elizabeth, Avalonslight, tzb, Goken, Codex, OB1Shinobi, Loudzoo, Atticus, Tellahane, fenrir, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, MartaLina, Gwinn, Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Rex, sNe1a, Jamie Kay, x57z12, Leah Starspectre, Tascha, Albekl, mfayj, Rahatha, Jutus.

Follow Us