Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Sermons
    • Who is God to you? (Last post by Leah Starspectre)
    • Quote: @leah well, I have always been taught it isn't about you its about Jesus. Would this change or challenge my faith in Christ? Nope, not at all. Jesus Christ I will always have in my heart. The church structure no. I grow tired of hearing people say how much they love God yet, they bash each other and are at times the most hypocritical group of people myself included in this I have done it as well. Espically, when someone leaves church. But, when they're in church they loved them so...obviously not! And I hate to bash others but, it makes me think. Is leaving as horrible as I think? Or, is it a mind over matter deal. That's what I'm suggesting. No matter where you are, you will have your love for Christ with you, so it should be a no-brainer. Although inspired by God, any church you go to was built by Man, and so, is subject to Man's failings and weaknesses (like petty behaviour and misinterpretations of the Word) If you feel like a church isn't embracing the ideals that you believe in, like tolerance and compassion, you're not at fault for wanting to leave. You can leave them to their cattiness and gossip and either find a new fellowship or worship on your own terms. We were given free will for a reason. ;)
    • Leaders Eat Last (Leadership in Jediism) (Last post by Jestor)
    • EDIT: Oh yea, great video Kit, thanks! In todays terms, I find that a good 'Alpha' is like you and Wes descibes it... A good leader... But, a leader yells at you constructively when you need it, and praises you when you deserve it, and works with you when they doo-doo is hitting the fan... I am an Alpha, I dont mind being the Beta... I have a team, and I delegate to that team to support their strong points, and try to do the crap none of us are good at till someone better comes along... I am seen as arrogant by some, but, I cant worry what they think, Ive got stuff to do, lol... ;)
    • To vote, or not to vote... (Last post by Edan)
    • While any system in which we vote may not be the best (what is the 'best'?) and we may consider it broken... not voting at all tells our governments we do not care what they do. Men and women of all ages fought for equal representation and I believe it is an insult to everything they did and for all the suffering they endured to get that right, to say that you don't vote. Even if the person you vote for has no hope of getting in... the fact you didn't vote for the likely winners tells political parties that you don't agree. If more people voted the way they truly believed in, perhaps things might change quicker.
    • Coursera: The Science of Meditation (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: I went to check it out, saw there was still time... Im in as well... :) Quote: Ow shoot , i just signed up for this one Introduction to Psychology , but the courses at Coursera keep repeating so i will sign up the next round Maybe next time for me... :) I did the "Intro to Philosophy" a while back... Ah that is possibly the same course edit: ( no it is not haha i misread loll ) , they like to rename the courses there for some reason , the meditation one was called different before , anyways good luck , i ll get the next round :)
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by MartaLina)
    • for so many things , for my mother still being here, for my daughter , for my friends , for the Temple , for online courses , for French lessons but most and for all for having the strenght to bend and not to break :cheer:
    • Should jedi stay out of politcal office (Last post by JamesSand)
    • I would say it depends on the office - Many places are (semi) democratic - The Official is elected, and acts on behalf of a group. I do not see that as a problem - It is a duty, and carried out correctly is very in tune with the Jedi Path. On the other hand, having executive power can lead to corruption, a Jedi must be aware of this (as alluded to by Atticus) and consider intentions, and outcomes, and consult advisors as required. Many systems do (or should?) have some sort of Veto arrangement to prevent any individual going off on their own and making wild edicts. Should a Jedi be in the Senate? Definitely. Should a Jedi be Caesar? Probably not. (inb4 Silas: Yes, Jedi should rule - They're the only ones sensible and mindful enough to make the right decisions for the right reasons. ;) )
    • Questions for Christians of the site (Last post by rrhodes67)
    • I've thought of these questions myself. I don't know where I stand on the issue of Christianity. I believe in the message of the J man, like love your neighbor, don't be a dick, etc. I also believe in the possibility of God, which is what I believe the force is. But I can't commit to Christianity, because I don't believe the bible is literal, I don't and can't discriminate against gays, I don't believe someone being gay is sinful. I have trouble with those areas of the story that defy science, or physics. Things like raising the dead, the resurrection, the miracles, and the virgin birth. I do believe miracles happen, but not in the literal way the Bible described them. I had someone tell me once, that if I had enough faith in God, my spine would knit back together, my leg muscles would expand and it would be as if I'd never been paralyzed. Now that to me just goes beyond the realm of common sense and believability and into the area of fantasy. So I don't know if I could ever be a Christian, even though I was raised in a Christian home, because I can't believe in all the stuff that goes with it. I am however interested in what I've seen called Christian Mysticism.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Goken)
    • It really bugs me when within an hour of each other I have to deal with a customer who is mad that we're making it too difficult to access her money from out side of the US (we're a small bank mind you) and get an email detailing the increase in fraudulent activity today, some of which is coming from foreign countries! Seriously folks, I do not want to make your life difficult, it makes my life difficult too, but there are lots of bad people out there that we have to protect ourselves and you from. THEY are making things difficult. I would love to live in a world where you can call me and tell me that you moved to a middle eastern country but left all of your money here and I could not only believe you but I could send it to you immediately. Sadly though, that is the exact opposite of the world we live in.
    • Think... (Last post by Jack.Troutman)
    • Day 11 Usefulness of Nothing The thirty spokes of a carriage wheel Uniting at the nave Are made useful by the hole in the center Where nothing exists. Vessels of molded earth Are useful by reason of their hollowness. Doors and windows Are useful by being cut out. A house is useful because of its emptiness. Thus we use what is not To make use of what is. From the Tao Te Ching
    • World Trade Center Steel (Last post by Jaxz)
    • Quote: It is for that reason that I refused to go to the Holocaust museum in D.C. when I visited. That's one of those things that even thinking about it starts to affect me like that so being around something like that I don't think I could handle. It's moments like that that I really feel like I can "feel the Force" as it were. I just wish it was easier to create something that could channel positive emotions with that same intensity. Interesting that you mention the Holocaust Museum. When. I was in my senior year of High School, our Senior Class trip was to go to D.C. While there, we went to the Holocaust Museum. I don't remember all of it, but what I do remember is turning down a hallway. I was dimly lit by ambient blue lighting and the shadows were heavy and deep. There was a railing on either side so that no one could walk besides you. As you walked down the hallway, the only thing besides you were piles and piles of shoes. Just shoes. All different styles, in colors from brown to black to red. Most were adult size, but some were small, others tiny. You couldn't ignore these memories. They were everywhere and the space almost called for you to take your time and walk slowly. You could feel something there. It was a silent call, a pull, a tug. Something begging to be remembered, not forgotten and tossed away like so many piles of shoes. The Force can fill our lives with peace, joy, love, and harmony if we recognize it and let it in. However, it will also root us in our past, as the Force knows no time. It wants us to remember, to feel, and to know. In that hallway, the Force was heavy with the presence of the victims of the worst humanity, and perhaps existence, has to offer. But it was not a negative energy. It did not push you down. Certainly, there was a great grief and sadness. That was natural for anyone. But greater than that was the pull from the Force. It called to remember. It called that there was hope. It called and said "You are greater than this. Remember that." From our darkest hours, we can have hope, and light a fire. There is no Death, there is the Force.
    • Can a force senstive person train themselves (Last post by RyuJin)
    • a person can train them self to do anything, however this usually involves loads of trial and error...having the benefit of someone else's guidance saves on time but also can rob us of the experience gained by failing if the guide doesn't allow us to make mistakes and fail...

There are 250 visitors, 4 guests and 39 members online (6  in chat): Akkarin, bassbt3475, Jestor, Karn, Trisskar, Joe, Wescli Wardest, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Boesen, Rosalyn J, Llama Su, klyde, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Namid, Cabur Senaar, Tarran, r3dleader, RyuNura4899, Atticus, Tellahane, Jamho Thaber, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, Abi_tlost, Gwinn, Arthur H., Brick, Kyrin Wyldstar, Jedi_Tongwa, x57z12, Leah Starspectre, Albekl, Jaxz, Pancake, Doomdog.

Follow Us