Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Knights of Awakening: Jedi Safe Spaces (Charles Mc... (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Listen and think. Is this the right direction for Jedi to go? Jedi in the fiction for example don't even have to be human so... I tend to agree. Division creates division. If you don't want to be racist, don't see colour when you look at someone. Except, that this is equally "racist". Can you clarify that? I define racism as discrimination based on race. Not looking at someones skin colour as a means to reduce the likeleehood of being racist doesn't seem to fit that description to me.
    • On the Nature of Crime vs War - An Open Discussion... (Last post by Rex)
    • I completely agree, I briefly mention 3rd gen tactics (asymmetric warfare) in the 3rd paragraph. That is completely legal. But both the aggressor and target must be protected combatants in a war for it to be legal. Otherwise it's terrorism. I think I agree with you, the problem is that the underappreciated clarity of state entities in combat has become fuzzy. In pseudowars like the Bosnian War in the 90s, very few of the combatants were protected by the conventions, so the verity of a "noncombatant"'s status was always questionable. Terrorism is again just the use of violence as a tool towards sociopolitical or religious means (often a mix). Government entities and civilians can both be the perpetrators and victims of it.
    • Tips on clearing my head ?? (Last post by Rex)
    • Time really is the answer. It's easy to enjoy the time if you find someone else, but don't go full rebound. You don't love her, you are infatuated. Love is intimacy, passion, and commitment; the passion is one sided since she obviously doesn't reciprocate your feelings. Find someone who shares mutual attraction, then build the intimacy and commitment from that point. I've been in your same boat before, so you have my empathy.
    • Mail (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Quote: If I sign up for the church, will I receive any mail from here? I would prefer not to The only email you get is what you allow under the email preferences section of your profile settings. No physical mail is sent that I am aware of unless you ask for a certificate that you have earned.
    • This Gave Me Hope (Last post by Soma)
    • Quote: I would like to start a thread similar to the grateful thread and the self-forgiveness thread. A thread where we can all share things that gave us hope today. In the face of a cruel and unfair world filled with bad people there is still always hope, you just have to open yourself up to it. So open yourself up and let that hope spill out to others. I thought this was a very inspiring story about a man named David Young... :
    • jedi Buddhist (Last post by shifu)
    • a short answer :huh: Ch`an buddhisum associated with shaolin study as with most of chinese life can be seen in this analogy, Buddhisum is the house Confucianism is the way the house is run Daoisum is the feeling within the house The body needs to be trained according to a structure the middle way, The mind needs to have a place within which to locate itsself, order, but within which you the internal can change according to the actions of the external others. The unity of body and mind leads on to the spirit, the spirit is you the internal them the external in harmony. Study of these Philosophies will give a compase heading in which to travel, aguide/teacher in your chosen model of practice will narrow the paths down on which you travel but you choose, when young take the difficult path, travel will make the path easier but no less interesting. Remember you have two teachers the external and the internal learn from both, all teachers need teachers to keep them true.
    • A new terrorist attack in France :( Pray for Franc... (Last post by Kyrin Wyldstar)
    • Pretty convenient that that video completely skipped over the creation of Israel and the Gulf war isn't it. Quote: Vox is an American news website run by Vox Media, founded by liberal columnist Ezra Klein. Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry at The Week accused the site as "partisan commentary in question-and-answer disguise" and criticized the site for having a "starting lineup was mostly made up of ideological liberals." The Federalist's David Harsanyi criticized the site's concept of "explanatory journalism" in an article titled "How Vox Makes Us Stupid", arguing that the website picked and chose what facts to use in order to only reinforce their readers' progressive liberal worldview, and that "explanatory journalism" inherently leaves out opposing viewpoints and different perspectives that should be considered. The Washington Times's Christopher J. Harpercriticized the site for reporting mistakes, including reporting inaccurate information about the Michael Brown shooting case, reporting on a nonexistant bridge between Israel and Gaza, erroneously stating that the 2014 winter solstice would be the longest night in history, and others. He wrote that for a "much-ballyhooed website aiming to make journalism better and to explain the news" it "makes a lot of mistakes.
    • Reiki Energy ~ Empathic Abilities & Jedi (Last post by Rahatha)
    • I speak only for myself, of course. But I, being one of those who believes in one Great Mystery which lies behind, and inhabits, all that is, would say that it is merely a question of what you choose to name it--God, the Force, the Tao. And, from what I've seen, you are free to call it what you will and even to believe that it exists in many parts, separate from one another, and still find welcome here. As to the different energies that you name, by my account they are all different modes and different workings of the One. I think if you stay here long enough you will hear about this idea and you may find it interesting to contemplate it for yourself. Why is it important? Joseph Campbell, in Part 2 of the Power of Myth (which I am studying as part of the initiate program here) quotes this from the Upanishads "Then he {God} realized: 'I, indeed, am this creation; for I have poured it forth from myself.' In that way he became this creation. And verily, he who knows this becomes in this creation a creator." In other words, we begin to participate, with God, in the process of creation (since we are, after all, part of God and part of his Creation.)
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Grateful for cheap hobbies to help distract me from the pain of not having food around... pizzzaaaaaaaa
    • enlightenment vs. survival (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • i dont agree with this dude about too much of anything. i dont even agree with everythingin this video, but its relevant to this topic where i live, women still respond to masculine men i dont worry too much about the femenists agenda to emasculate us, i just do my best to be a good man and trust things will work out
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by tzb)
    • On reflection my rant was impatient and a result of not having fully processed my thoughts. It was un-Knightly and I'm pleased to withdraw it. One doesn't douse a fire by yelling at the timber not to burn.
    • The Tale Teller (Last post by Kit)
    • I loved that video! As one who loves telling stories, I think I'd be perfectly happy if my stories lived on, even if my name did not. <3 thank you for sharing
    • Tai Chi and Qigong Resource(s) (Last post by TheDude)
    • Very nice! I always like to find the small stylistic differences between systems. The grandmaster of the system I learned, Chian Ho Yin, taught that same move very differently, with the heels touching, fingers interlaced throughout the motion, and a calf raise. Very interesting!

There are 107 visitors, 3 guests and 20 members online (one in chat): Guardianofwinds, Phortis Nespin, Darren, Luthien, Locksley, Rosalyn J, Lykeios, Brenna, Kit, Zenchi, Tellahane, WRRPhoto, Ke JinnDakken, MadHatter, Anensho, Kyrin Wyldstar, Rex, Ryder, Leah Starspectre, Rahatha, LukaManuka, novaadwhite.

Follow Us