Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Martial art and weapon of choice? (Last post by Adder)
    • Some recent-ish threads which might be of interest; what do you choose as a duelist or involved an encounter martial arts your interest? best martial art? I'd love to be able to practise some sort of stick thing like jōjutsu, plus jodo looks a bit like jedi :side: The extent for me is contemplating it and exploring its dynamics.
    • Year End report Delay!! (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: As you like J! :whistle: :) i totally heard you saying that in harley quinn's voice, with a mr. thrown in....lol "as you like mr. j".... :silly: i've been playng arkham city recently.... :lol:
    • Riddle (Last post by RyuJin)
    • i have 2 riddles.... the first: it starts with the and ends with me it hides throughout for all to see, what is it? answer: Spoiler: theme the second: it's a seven letter word, the first two letters is a man, the first 3 letters is a woman, the first 4 letters is a great man, the whole word is a great woman, what is the word? answer: Spoiler: heroine
    • How many practice telekinesis? (Last post by Adder)
    • I'm going to lock this thread, there is a lot of interesting stuff in it but I think its better if any topics want to be picked up that they please be created a new more specific thread. All complaints, concerns and causalities about the lock can be PM'ed to me. Thanks
    • Jedi Self-Sufficiency thread (Last post by Carli)
    • Quote: Its less about living completely "off the grid", than it is about trying to lessen our dependency on the grid... Thus lessoning our carbon footprint.... Also, just having an interest in is reason enough to join, isn't it? :) ~from the Hitchhicker's Guide in my Galaxy S3~ Maybe so. I'll at least have a decent look at it. I appreciate it!
    • Help Science with your computer! (Last post by Squint)
    • Hi, I'm Squint and I wanted to tell you about a cool organization that uses cloud computing to crunch data on any number of various academic research from finding the largest Prime numbers to discovering messages from alien lifeforms. The University of California - Berkeley runs BOINC, an open source software for volunteer computing. (boinc.berkeley.edu/) Scientists and educators can submit peer reviewed projects which are added to the BOINC network to allow tasks to run on volunteers computers. It is an incredibly safe piece of software that runs on just about any modern computer. If you don't feel safe about installing it or want more information, I will provide whatever I can. The current statistics from the BOINC page are: Active: 295,796 volunteers, 9,341,095 computers. 24-hour average: 8.198 PetaFLOPS. The project I am currently participating in is called PrimeGrid, it is used to compute and discover large prime numbers. Prime numbers are any number that can only be divided by one and itself. These are used heavily in encryption and for other computational purposes. If you're interested in participating in this project you need only go to www.PrimeGrid.com Also, I created a group for anyone who wishes to participate in the PrimeGrid project, www.primegrid.com/team_display.php?teamid=8032 Basically a group just sets an affiliation so they can see the efforts a group of people have committed to. There are groups for most major universities all the way to non-profit and religious groups like our own. If you have any questions or comments please ask.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Avalonslight)
    • There are days when I just want to take people by the shoulders and shake 'em and say, "Come on, you're better than this!" Enough with all the "holier-than-thou" and "better-than-thou" - ness. . . . Seriously. :angry: And on another, yet related, note: What's with all the super high strung tensions? Is there something in the water or something? Geeze... :huh: :dry:
    • Robes and Sabers (Last post by Adder)
    • The robe for me has no import into my life, I don't have one, but as a concept to me does represents a few things. The limitations of objective reality hanging over a proverbial open sky of limitless experience in subjective reality, which translates to awake awareness compared to dreaming awareness, and connects to my interest in spirituality by associating to non-dualism. So the hood represents the closing of the physical eyes to let the third eye open, sort of thing... but it's just symbolic and therefore not something I need to own, or wear. Suitable for ceremonial purposes though as a uniform if we ever needed to represent unity in a physical location, but its shared with a few other religious traditions, and I do share many of their reasons too, eg ascetic ideal. But yea, just a symbol for me, nothing more, to reflect upon the fleeting nature of life and how we are all full of hot air :pinch: The saber does have import for me, as a tool in lucid dreaming it benefits from a presence in the awake awareness to facilitate it's accessibility and utility in the dreaming awareness. So I have a custom hilt project, a Maul double bladed, and a few sticks to throw around. So then, if that can be tied into a capacity for self defense with any stick or staff like object then that is a plus. The fancy stuff like colored blade is just a useful level of functionality, but I don't like the sound effects and disconnected my speakers on my Maul hilts. I have a few other tools for dreaming which I try to shoehorn into some unified construct. If they can be related in some way then they can serve as a more cohesive form of ideal to shape growth and focus, to better contrast against the actual physical reality of life. So it's not a celebration of the movies to use the fiction for me, it's a type of future ideal to work towards as a goal. The only reason it has relevance to 'Jedi' for me is because it is the most suitable and applicable model to use, for me.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Jour 41 Je l’aperçut en apparition Au crépuscule, Il me souriait de par-derrière ses blessures, Son innocence indemne Malgré … Malgré … Il nous pilotait souvent. * I saw him as an apparition At sunset, He was smiling at me from behind his injuries, His innocence unscathed Although … Although … He piloted us often. Alexandre Orion 11 février 2016

There are 184 visitors, 8 guests and 30 members online (8  in chat): Br. John, J_Roz, ren, Dechlain, Connor L., Adder, Reliah, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Lykeios, Kit, Avalonslight, Jamie Stick, Arkayik, Atticus509, Adi, Tellahane, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, Yabuturtle, Carli, Gwinn, cmwatts, Squint, Tjm2k00, Amandabonn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Pzane, Cenrus Kuno, Rider Black, Aspen Evenstaad, One Creed, Riyuma, Rob Bass, Oberon, orinox_valdan.

Follow Us