Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Does "evil" exist? (Last post by Tellahane)
    • evil is a label for a defined set of actions defined by the society for which we live, so in that regards, yes it exists. Take all that away, and it just is...much like the force. Thats my opinion anyway.
    • Techwear for Jedi (Last post by Tellahane)
    • Quote: Quote: They haven't come far enough for you to wear. Why, the ones I have seen lately are so compact and unobtrusive so that you don't even notice them if your shirts not tucked,but they hold quite a bit. I use one all the time. I don't need something so big as a back pack or messenger bag,and I like to have my hands free. Ah, gotcha.... All joking aside, Im more a "utility belt" guy... On my belt is always my multitool... next is usually my.flashlight and key clip... Then my phone... From the llink you provided, it only showed the classic black bag, then I clucked on related products... And, while better, still not for me.. I too like my hands free, and when i want something, I don't want to root around in a bag for it... I like multipocketed cop/ambulance pants too, but have yet to find some that feel right while wearing them... Just my feelings... :) If you've got them working for you, good deal... :) For just work, or personal time too? I run similar, I carry half of what I normally carry as an emt on me at all times, I carry my nice leatherman raptor trauma sheers(multi-tool to some degree), I have a leatherman multi-tool a glove holder with 2 sets of gloves, and a portable 02 on me at all times. Even when not working, that and a small flashlight. I can't count how many times I've needed them even when off duty, even if its something as simple as opening a bag or some such. I have the same rescue knife as well. I'm kind of a human multi-tool that way! I want to get some kind of belt equipped pouch of some kind for when I do tech support that has just a few more pockets on it to carry some more tools when I need to.
    • Strength (Last post by Omhu Cuspor)
    • Quote: Strength is fine, but I think it is more about resilience. Can you resist getting knocked down? Can you recover when you do? ... ... To be an effective Jedi, I think one must cultivate resilience. Does having poor resilience make you a failure? That's not mine to say, but I know it makes life in general much more difficult. I read this while trying to assess my own feelings on the matter, and this short essay on resilience probably makes a point better than I would have. I am thinking about all kinds of experiences, both those shared by others and my own. Addicts, some of them, recover and live lives of contribution. People with physical disabilities accomplish remarkable things in spite of them. Some confronted with illness, poverty, or prejudice manage to overcome their hardships. Each arguably begins the journey in a state of weakness, but their own resilience coupled with the Force - as the old saying goes - enables lemonade to be made from lemons. I'd add that resilience is not IMHO something that we either have or don't have. It can be cultivated - one small step at a time, one moment at a time.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by magmon)
    • Someone was using my card in the early morning hours while I slept. This is the fifth time. I use an RFID blocking wallet, and this happens at least once a year. I understand that people may need what they take, but I am having a child and make barely enough to scrape by. I wish these people would take their skill and do something worth while instead...
    • Physical temple (Last post by Yabuturtle)
    • I think a monastery would be better in the long run. People can actually live there and it can be quite a self sufficient place, with it's own medical practices, it's own farm and little area of land, it's own library ect. I know abandoned temples but I am not sure if there's any abandoned monasteries though. Do we need one? No not really but having a gathering where other Jedi can meet is nice to have. I guess it'd be located in America or England as those are the countries with the highest amount of Jedi.
    • The Force as described by a physicist? (Last post by Khaos)
    • Ok.....So in that respect, science still has little or anything to do with what will be our destruction. Which was your original conclusion. More,it seems now, it is greed,etc, by your estimation. Religion,or science,being tools of convenience,or rationalization. You have in no way outlined any real evidence of why religion and myth is needed to be good, or do good however. There are good religious people and bad religious people, and good atheist and bad atheists. What I have yet to see, is a radical,extremist, atheist group. Also, you lost me with the reference to communistic regimes. If you need stories to supply moral and ethical checks and balances, fine. But not everyone with hair and shoes do. We're also way off the topic I was remotely interested in discussing.
    • WW III (Last post by Omhu Cuspor)
    • Quote: Is War Over? — A Paradox Explained This is a marvelously hopeful perspective, Cayce, and one which as far as I can tell is freshly original. I intend to soak it in. Thanks for sharing this video. It is profound enough that I feel like going silent on this topic now; I don't know how I could add anything more worthwhile.
    • Today I felt lonely... (Last post by Rickie)
    • [/quote]I don't know how it works for others, but this chain reaction happens with me. I'm an Aspie, and because of that, I'm a Bipolar, and I don't like to feel lonely or empty, because it triggers a depressive state.[/quote] You do the best you can with what you got. Don't let the labels used by others limit you. Do you feel greater than the words use to describe you? Of course you do! You are great! Find your greatness. The power is yours. Embrace it! You are so much more than what you believe and others say. Bee great. Have fun.
    • "Jesus" was a Jedi (Last post by Lykeios)
    • Quote: Yeshua Ha' Mashiach or Yeshu Ben Yosef was a Jedi. :evil: por que He was. i've always believed this, and i may expound otra vez más tarde. Thank you. I cannot accept this. However, gracias.
    • I think people are falling for it (Last post by Dael Dhra)
    • Absolutely agree! I've read that the only power the government and those with the "power" would truly fear is all of us, uniting, and finally pointing the finger where it belongs...
    • Question of the Day (Last post by Reliah)
    • Do you have a favorite song? Do you remember the first time you heard it? Why is it your favorite?
    • Heaven, Hell, Re-incarnation? (Last post by Omhu Cuspor)
    • Quote: What do you belive happends after you leave your body /after death? What i belive is that heaven and hell does not exist, if it does it is something we create ourselves ... it would be a reflection of who you are What i belive is that you never die and that you don't go to an eternity of torture or heavenly pleasures depending on your choices in life, rather that you live on forever, as i see it, through the force. I believe much as you do, Bareus. I do not consider myself a Christian in the conventional, contemporary sense. Yet the phrase "God is love" from the New Testament is a pillar of my spiritual orientation. I cannot conceive of a loving deity that would condemn any sentient being of its creation to an eternal hell, even for a series of travesties committed throughout a lifetime. Most people who report near-death experiences describe them positively, but there are some who relate experiences that are dark and threatening. The Buddha also acknowledged the existence of hell-worlds, but in my understanding of Buddhism they are not inescapable - any more than oppressive experiences in this life are inescapable. It's conceivable to me that perhaps some of us undergo a painful experience in the afterlife as some sort of purging or severe teaching tool, but I do not believe it is eternal for anyone. A friend (now passed) expressed years ago his view of the afterlife which I sometimes consider. It's a half-serious, half-whimsical view: He stated his belief that the place we go when we leave Earthly life is aligned with our beliefs. A Christian may go to a place with pearled gates and golden roads. A virtuous young Muslim male appears in a harem with 72 virgins. A devout Buddhist is blissfully absorbed into the All. However, there are many people who adhere to no discrete faith whatsoever, and for them there is a default location -- downtown Los Angeles. :laugh:
    • The Thing All Women Do That You Don’t Know About (Last post by Omhu Cuspor)
    • Quote: ... a great deal of behaviour is learned from parents. My friends who are teachers tell me that children who say racist things, for example, often have parents who don't understand what the problem is, and have expressed similar opinions to their children. Often, women are strong inside, but they don't speak out because they know it makes no difference. We're brushed off, or made fun of, or told to 'stop being so sensitive' ... ... Some of my colleagues made a rape joke at work the other day, not to a woman funnily enough, and I had to shut it down because I don't know what experiences others in my office have had. A friend of mine was raped and she spoke of it to about to only two people because of shame, so jokes like that to her must cut deep. I agree heartily with all you've said. I am also dismayed at this tale of the rape "joke"; it takes a mountain of emotional numbness to express such a thing. If it means anything (or even if it doesn't I suppose), I regret that you have to endure this kind of thing as a woman.
    • How did you know when you were a Jedi? (Last post by CryojenX)
    • After some further reflection, I think it really started sinking in when I began regular meditation and started seeing positive results, but writing my first sermon really clinched it for me in the "no doubts" category. Before that I knew it's what I wanted, but I still kind of felt like maybe I wasn't good enough, but no more. I am a Jedi.

There are 509 visitors, 14 guests and 21 members online (one in chat): Adder, LTK, Darren, Reliah, Star Forge, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Khaos, KageKeeper, Kamizu, Senan, Angwusi, Jeffery Williams, Slebo, Cyan Sarden, MrBruno, Loudzoo, Atticus509, Tellahane, Bareus, jloomy25, Jack.Troutman, Cayce, Inara.Noxx, magmon, Breeso, McNulty, Amontillado, Moimar, LemmyT, joeyf327.

Follow Us