Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Threatened to steal my boss' sweatshirt after he loaned it to me. It smelled like his cologne, which made me giddy. Someone somewhere is watching the TV show of my life and saying "well look at that, it took her 39 1/2 years, but Snowy finally learned to flirt without it having to mean something else too".
    • Virginia request (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • I am being taken willingly to the beach for my birthday. I will be in Virginia area any one there? out of curiosity
    • Is offending a group of people always bad? (Last post by Wescli Wardest)
    • Quote: Quote: I may not be able to save an animal from here, or stop the ones selling them to those that would torcher them; but, I can at least write a letter to an official expressing concern and pressing to have something done about it. That may not be much, but I figure it is better than turning a blind eye or pretending that because it is a part of another culture it’s okay. So, its less about doing good, than it is about making yourself feel good? I'm not really sure how you came to that from what was written... but okay. :P It is about doing what I can even though I am not in a position to directly affect change. Do I feel good about it? Not really. And being able to do more wouldn't make me feel any better either. The fact of the matter is that it has happened, it is happening and will go on till it is changed or stopped. No part of this makes me "feel good." It would seem that you are attempting to belittle efforts made to incite change... if so, does attempting to belittle the efforts of others make you feel good? :P
    • Is belief in democracy required of a Jedi? (RELEVE... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy "You presumed that because a claim has been poorly argued, or a fallacy has been made, that the claim itself must be wrong. It is entirely possible to make a claim that is false yet argue with logical coherency for that claim, just as is possible to make a claim that is true and justify it with various fallacies and poor arguments."
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by Miss_Leah)
    • I think that the author of the article makes said it best when she said "Silence is always in your toolbox" It's not the ONLY tool, but one of many. If used for the appropriate task, it gives the best result. The challenge is not only in using silence, but using it in the correct context. I've had a very similar situation with a family member. She went on a rant, attacking me for a perceived slight to her daughter. In a single breath, she told me I was malicious, a bitch, socially inept, mean, cruel, pretentious, etc....) I responded with silence. When she finally blurted "I know you read my message, do you honestly have nothing to say for yourself?" I said "No, particularly not to someone who attacks my character" She sent one final message, but couldn't continue because I didn't engage her. I'm still trying to figure out how to resolve her anger with me. But until I do, silence is the way to not make it worse, or to cause her anger to spread to other family members (because they're prone to taking sides). On the other hand, I have another family member who perceives silence as resent/anger. So if there's bad feelings, the best way to deal with it is to talk it out with her. Silence is powerful. And with great power comes great responsibility ;)
    • Islamic State, America, Russia and China. Let the ... (Last post by Adder)
    • Superficially, I think the problem in Russia and China is that too much 'stage-owned enterprise' has been shown historically to be unprofitable, stagnation of innovation, and leads to huge unproductive debt over time. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise While lots of things create debt, something has to be the engine of the economy. Ideally I think innovation and development represent the most useful direction of growth, so activity which promotes those things seems to fit into capitalism best at the moment.
    • From time to time a poem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • Jour 87 Si seulement par la Volonté On pouvait faire appel à la Grâce, Quelle magique pourrait-on commander ! Mais, par cette commande Commettre une conjuration dans l'empire du Sens, Transposant vraie amour en haine Et vrai bien en mal... * If only by Will Could one call upon Grace, What magic one could command ! But, by that command Commit a conspiracy in the Empire of Sense, Transposing true love into hatred And true goodness into evil... Alexandre Orion 23 mai 2016
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by Edan)
    • There is not a single argument you can make that will ever convince me that people owning guns is a good thing. We are not weapons and I am sick of reading about people shooting their own family, accidentally or otherwise... qz.com/688447/my-boyfriend-insisted-a-gu...shot-me-in-the-face/

There are 111 visitors, 10 guests and 27 members online (13  in chat): Firewolf, Jestor, Trisskar, Gisteron, Alexandre Orion, Khaos, Kit, elizabeth, Aisling, Avalonslight, peace, Jamie Stick, Goken, Aqua, r3dleader, Atticus509, Adi, Tellahane, Obedient Jedi, MadHatter, MartaLina, Gwinn, Brick, Snowy Aftermath, Jax_Elk, FAT, Ryder, KerianTi, x57z12, whitelotus, DanielBenYosef, thomaswfaulkner, Miss_Leah, CableSteele, LiamRevan, Albekl.

Follow Us