Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jedi Self-Sufficiency thread (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: I would especially love ideas for apartment dwellers. As much as I'd love to have a big garden and raise my own animals that's just not a reality for me right now. There's a book called "Square Foot Gardening" that shows how to cram as many plants as is healthy for them into the space of a square foot. If you're only looking to grow a few plants, the proper lighting and a few small pots or 5-gal buckets could go a long way. Also: eggshells are great for seed-starting, and if you use the carton to hold them, they fit nicely on many windowsills.
    • How many practice telekinesis? (Last post by steamboat28)
    • Quote: But in the end are we "Movie Jedi" or Jedi trying to follow an honest path based in a reality that is as close to truth as possible? ;) [image] (edited to add clarification) I'm a skeptic with a scientifically-bent mind. I am also, however, a believer. I'm a Master-level certified Reiki practitioner, which only added a piece of paper to the energy-work I've been doing for two decades. I've been an exorcist for over fifteen years. I am a firm believer in the supernatural and the occult. As such, it has been my observation that while not scientific, those matters still obey the course of scientific inquiry. That is, I can attempt to use my experiences to piece together a cause-and-effect relationship of the supernatural/occult world as easily as I could the natural one. I take notes where applicable, and very little of what I "test" stays private; I often bring in eyewitnesses as often as possible, especially people who would otherwise not believe. Furthermore, I'm not trying to sell my beliefs to anyone else. If others ask, I tell. If others are interested, I educate. I'm not trying to push people to them, though, because I realize that most of the evidence I have is just anecdotal, because sometimes you just don't have time to take notes. I'm okay with that.
    • Questions about Jediism (Last post by Alan)
    • Myth and fiction are not the same. Please refer to the thread: In Praise of Selectivity for a discussion of myth and symbol. Lucas employed Campbell's theory regarding the ubiquity of the adventure of the hero in myth to structure the plot and characters in parts four, five and six (which compose a unified mythic arc). The structure of the hero's journey shares common plot and character elements with many other myths. The symbols used in Star Wars are not unique which is why the films are not emphasized here at TotJO but are to suffice merely as introduction, that is, as a door through which to explore their deeper meaning. The educational milieu here suggests not to linger with the films, nor even Campbell, but to delve deeper into the meaning and significance of the myths and symbols. Digression: Even if it is the case that the fence analogy is flawed - replace with threshold - fences, borders, boundaries and frontiers can be defined as much by what they include than exclude.
    • Riddle (Last post by Corwinani)
    • Here is a nice riddle for you? What is Jabba's favourite dietary food? Clue: It is written at the beginning of every movies of that Franchise. nobody? At he beginning of every movie is the title.... Now if you read it backwards STAR WAR = RAW RATS
    • Saber Flourish Gif (Last post by Rickie)
    • Spinning through you fingers looks good and is quite flashy with the light saber but it's not good control of your weapon but you're not really going to use it as a practical weapon, are you? Still looks though. Good exercise too. :)
    • Has Censorship Become the Norm? (Last post by Rickie)
    • As usual it's use or abused thing. It's one thing to be polite & respectful, another to take to an extreme of PC position to bend people to your ways. That's a manipulative power play. Many of MY observations of PC violations are claimed by people wanting (desperate for) recognition and attempt to re-balance (manipulate) power in their favor. Some play the PC card only because they can, pathetic.
    • Lightsaber Combat Training - the way of the Warrio... (Last post by jake_sato)
    • Form 2 - Makashi - The Way of the Ysalamiri, "Masters of Form II develop unique offenses and defenses, and trained studiously against having their weapon taken or damaged." ―Cin Drallig on Form II [attachment] Makashi offers a duelist perspective. One of calm and control designed for lightsaber duelists. Students intending to study Makashi need to be very much focused on the duel between two swordsman, and generally must allow themselves to see the form as more of an art than as a means to an end – the majority of those that practice Makashi generally remain true to the form, studying no other form than the Shii-Cho. In a physical sense, Makashi is also one of the least demanding of the forms, with the focus on stability and counter-attack rather than kinetic energies or strength. Noted Practitioners: Cin Drallig, Master Siphadias, Count Dooku, Darth Vader
    • May the 4th be with you. (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Quote: I'm gonna be the typical chips pisser here but to be honest, associating ourselves with gimmicks like May 4th, dressing up and lightsabers does far, far more harm than good. In most people's minds this is roleplay, not a serious thing. Sorry. It's just the longer you spend with it, and the reactions to it, the further you want to push away from all this stuff. We have a perception image and we need to be mindful of that, it seems to me. Bah, you party pooper! (But yeah... I've already started cringing when people quote from the movies.)

There are 242 visitors, 11 guests and 50 members online (7  in chat): Br. John, Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Jon, Firewolf, Jestor, ren, Trisskar, Dechlain, Lightstrider, Connor L., Wescli Wardest, Gisteron, Proteus, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Elemental Harmony, Alan, Lykeios, Rein Bith, Archon, Kit, Kohadre, Edan, Avalonslight, Rick D, Cabur Senaar, Goken, Aqua, Exarchias, MrBruno, Atticus509, Tellahane, Bareus, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, MartaLina, Brick, Reserved Sanity, The Joegiboy, nidem, Squint, Amandabonn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Jax_Elk, Cenrus Kuno, One Creed, Riyuma, Rob Bass, FAT, Ravena, Nophatus, homb-ray, robdegrey, Willie G.

Follow Us