Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Helper Syndrome (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Quote: I agree that there are many Jedi who seem to jump in to every conversation in an attempt to help :whistle: but isn't that better than just siting back and letting someone struggle with pain or whatever we are trying to help them with? Not always. People often grow by figuring things out themselves. Ever wonder why most of our Knights are absent from a lot of conversations? It would be very easy for them to stand in the courtyard and dispense wisdom all day, but they know when to keep their mouths closed and let us duke it out. Sometimes you'll notice one or two of them coming in at the tail end of the thread, after we've had our say and squabble, to make a point we might not have thought of. My own Master will wait until I come to a conclusion before saying anything himself. Intervention: To know when not to act. A Jedi knows how inaction can have as great an impact as action and how some of the greatest lessons are self-taught. To be a victor is also taking that victory from those you protect. A Jedi intervenes only when a Jedi's intervention is required. If I always tell my teenager the answer to everything, she'll never develop the skill to see problems and fix them on her own, she'll never develop the self-discipline to handle adulthood. And I'm not saying that I let her swing or do things alone when she directly asks or when the situation calls for it... but sometimes in those cases too, I'll ask questions that let her find the answer herself. It's the same with new Jedi or people here. Sometimes the best response is no response. Sometimes the best help is no help. We can only hope for the wisdom to know the right time and place for each.
    • Why Christianity? (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • the last and the part that i find most difficult is that Christ represents the part of the human psyche that is able to genuinely accept and love others exactly as they are, all defects included i think that christians get it backwards when they say "jesus vindicates me" or "jesus redeems me" which always comes after "jesus forgives me" i personally believe that if i am (or anyone is) vindicated or redeemed - that my vindication or redemption comes as a result of my actual change - that it is the transformative process itself which is redemptive to me its not "i was "saved" and that changed me" but rather "i changed and that saved me" although i do understand that in some cases the scriptural assurance of redemption as a gift really necessary and does actually initiate real psychological change which i basically say is one of those genuine miracles of what might as well be called "the holy spirit" because thats as good of a name as anything else and its a real experience either way, i see jesus as basically a way of articulating that this process is possible and going through that experience really makes the act of deeply resenting and begrudging others pretty well untenable i think its more like that we are following jesus when we look at someone who is beneath us or someone who we could resent and really despise and see them as forgiven and vindicated and redeemed already, not because they ARE but because THEY COULD BE, even if/though we can see all the defects and flaws of their character and that doesnt mean that you let them hurt you or that you dont hold them accoutable to social standards, it just means that youve recognized your own inner devils so honestly that you really understand that youve no business snubbing your nose at anyone elses ----- so with all of that being said, "why christianity?" because it is a way of orienting myself that makes sense to me and seems plausible i will never be ENLIGHTENED in the eastern sense of being free from desire and suffering but i can be REDEEMED in the western sense of facing my suffering with dignity and of using my suffering as a catalyst for growth and personal transformation
    • A cashless society and chip Implants (Last post by Yabuturtle)
    • I never understood why they always refer to the Bible when it comes to end times. It's really more than just "bible prophecy" The Bible is not the first or the only ones to predict end times after all. Besides this is an extremely dangerous idea. You already have governments that are beyond corrupt and they are trying to push it. Nevermind the fact that with electronics or even the money we use isn't even sound money anyway because it's not backed by anything valuable. Really the money we use is no more valuable than monoploy money and it only has value because the government says so. Even though they all keep their own hoards of gold and silver. Having chips will be eventually forced and they will try to coerce them into doing it. First off with all this tracking technology we have, they have talked about installing that onto chips. That they would know exactly where you are with the chip. So you end having Big Brother watch you all the time. Not to mention they are going to take the money out of that chip if they say you owe so much money to them, they can just take it out without you even noticing it. Plus if you even though of protesting, what makes you think they don't have certain codes in order to disable your chip, meaning you couldn't buy food or rent a hotel or do anything. And how do we know there isn't something on those chips that will be used to harm you. As in using electricity to stop your heart or damage your organs if they think you are a threat or you even think of opposing the status quo. I can promise you that chip implants will be extremely dangerous, especially with all the things the US or England or most government have done in the past. You are giving them away too much power if you allow that to happen. Then there really will be a "Galactic Empire" on Earth if it's not stopped.
    • Question of the Day (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Would you rather be extremely successful professional life and a tolerable private life. Or an extremely happy private life and a mediocre professional career? Why? Please post in your own journal
    • Aqua`s Art Gallery (Last post by Aqua)
    • A double poem in memory of the very first Dutch Jedi Meeting of TOTJO :) The Jedi water slide trough Noviomagus: In land far away, beyond the sea level lies a city, known as Noviomagus it is a place of unknown beauty where steep streets do not know flatness where people smell, the water nearby where people will hunt you forever to give you, your lost phone to take your, last little coins to sign for justice This is my birthplace, my old lost root look to buildings, look to people notice the similarities and the unknown symbols remember the kindness and the unique feeling a first meeting, a remembered memory shiny day birds are singing loud people are screaming, events are coming water sliding people, trough the streets never to be forgotten Aqua, 28-05-2016
    • Robes and Sabers (Last post by Sven One)
    • I think its something were known for really a symbol. But I have two view points. My before and after my IP studies. Before: I was but a learner (still am lol) but, I wore my jedi robe and my saber hilt on my belt everywhere literally everywhere.i believe it defined me as a jedi. I often got questions and random fandom being called "Master Jedi" to some I was crazy for believing what I did. To others I was cool and respectable for living my faith with my robes and saber even to the other religious communities. After: Once I started my studies I sorta drew away from just my beliefs of what I saw and believed in just the movie footage and basing it off that to believing that I am a Jedi within myself the robes and saber didnt define me as a Jedi or a follower of Jediism or make me more of a member of this temple. Now albeit, I still have them and I still dress up and go out once in awhile. Still get looks and high fives but I am a REAL JEDI I live it everyday. But from the IP studies and my own private studies over the last few years its become more of asking myself...why are you a jedi? Why do you believe what you believe? What defines you as a Jedi? Further thoughts Make no mistake I have no disagreements on those who wear robes and carry sabers no one Iota. I still do and I feel amazing and happy when I do. Its not to gain attention but rather that it makes me feel like a jedi. On times when I cannot I wear a hoodie sweatshirt.
    • Youtube battle over fair use, copyright, and commu... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • this is a pretty interesting bit of legal drama and community building being played out in youtube right now it will be faster to read the article in the spoiler, it will be way cooler to watch the videos and actually see the people themselves explain whats going on article from: time.com/4349864/ethan-klein-h3h3product...ection-account-fupa/ Spoiler: One of their own was in trouble. Now YouTube creators are fighting back When Ethan Klein found out he was being sued by a fellow YouTube creator over a video he had produced for his channel, he never thought his personal legal battle would spark a backlash that raised tens of thousands of dollars and could change the way users of the video site fight lawsuits. But three days after the lawsuit was made public by Klein on May 24, YouTube creators and their fans have collected more than $130,000 to help the embattled video star and his wife (and co-star) Hila fight back against a copyright claim by another YouTube user, Matt Hosseinzadeh. And with all that money, Klein, the 30-year-old founder of h3h3productions, now has his sights set on bigger things: protecting other YouTube creators who need a legal defense but lack his own stature. As Klein tells it, the entire affair began when Hosseinzadeh sued him, alleging that a Klein video mocking Hosseinzadeh improperly used Hosseinzadeh’s content. In a video revealing the lawsuit, Klein vigorously defended himself, saying the footage he used was covered under fair use law. Klein told TIME the claim was a betrayal to users in the YouTube community, who are constantly being threatened over their work by “bullies,” usually from large corporations. Attempts to reach Hosseinzadeh through his YouTube account and on a phone number listed under his name were not successful. YouTube did not immediately return a request for comment. “For us, it’s just making a stand against it and letting people know that they can’t do that,” Klein said. As it turned out, there were many more people ready to take a stand as well. More than 5,718 people have donated $137,000 and counting to an online fundraiser another YouTube creator started to aid the Kleins in their legal battle. “They didn’t give us money because they like us,” Klein said. “They did it because they want to protect that principle—to show them that we can’t be bullied.” The enormous response provoked the Kleins to look beyond their own case. In a video Wednesday, the couple announced the money would be put in a newly created Fair Use Protection Account, or FUPA, “that will be used only for the purpose of protecting fair use and representing people big or small who are in legitimate need of protection.” The account will be placed in the trust of the law firm Morrison/Lee, and users in trouble can contact FUPA for help. “Anyone who is being bullied, big or small, basically at ours and our lawyers’ discretion, can tap into these resources to fight back,” Klein said. “We don’t want to touch a single cent of this. We want to use it as an umbrella to protect the Internet community.” He describes the new account as something like a “YouTubers’ union” in Wednesday’s video. “This is like a new chapter for fair use on YouTube,” Klein says. The Kleins have a fan base of more than two million subscribers between their two channels, and in three years have published more than 300 comedy videos, which they say bring in revenue along with almost $6,000 a month in crowd-funded donations. But the lawsuit, should they lose, could have ripple effects in the video-sharing community. “For one, it would make so many people really vulnerable,” Klein said. “The whole ecosystem on YouTube would become really unstable. It would be really scary.” YouTube user Philip DeFranco, who launched the crowd funding page, said he stepped in to prevent a “terrible precedent” from being set that he fears could silence other creators. “This is something that hits close to home,” DeFranco said. “It’s horrible for all of us. This isn’t just a channel for them to post videos. This is their livelihood.” The couple blamed the affair on what they called YouTube’s broken copyright system, saying the site’s need to legally protect itself puts its users at risk. “YouTube’s stance is to be neutral. In that neutrality, it’s always the creators who get hurt,” Klein said, adding that his channels have been “penalized” by YouTube over Hosseinzadeh’s copyright claim. “We’re going to go to court to protect 50% of its users, and it’s treating us like criminals,” he said. Klein said nearly two dozen of the biggest donations have come from fellow YouTube users, including some of whom he has insulted in past videos. He and his supporters hope FUPA will be a deterrent to future opponents. “If you go after one of us, you go after all of us,” DeFranco said. “We’re in it together.”
    • Defining Jedi and Sith (Last post by RyuJin)
    • Quote: The Jedi in the real world & in books and movies work in harmony and try to become one with the force, while the Sith in the real world of in the Star wars fictonal world shaping the force to their Idea of thier dreams of harmony.. Quote: what is a sith? whatever they decide they are... what is a jedi? whatever they decide they are... who are you? whomever you decide you are... who am i? whomever i decide i am... your focus determines your reality...if you believe you need clearly defined parameters to identify the world around you, then only you can clearly define those parameters in a way that you fully understand. most things cannot be clearly defined in a manner that is universally understood....my blue is not the same as everyone else's blue... only in fiction do the sith follow the "rule of two"...in the real world most sith are either fiercely independent, or strong team players...independent ones usually only trust their own abilities to achieve their goals, the team players usually trust that their teammates abilities will aid in achieving their goals... i've been down both paths...both paths can be solitary and internal, both can be communal and external...it is what you make of it, no matter what path you travel... Would you be a grey Jedi? just wondering Ruy jin I am whatever I feel is needed at a particular time and circumstance...there are times when one needs to hide in the shadows, and there are times when one needs to bathe in the light....all you have to do is be capable of handling the consequences of your choices.
    • Dont let your religion be a weapon to bring harm t... (Last post by Trisskar)
    • Quote: I never said they as humans were bad but the reaction was. I do not believe I was addressing you Sven :) I was addressing Kyrin Wyldstar. Please feel free to read again. Yes I was repeating with different words. I am sorry if that is.......bad? 0_o
    • vegetarian/vegan health (Last post by CableSteele)
    • Mushrooms offer a wide range of flavor. A steamer rack is a good way to cook most vegetables. For some people, just cutting gluten can help with carbs. Do you like rice? Good for you learning how to cook. I think that's one of the basic survival tools of being a human. Right there along with building a shelter and making clothes. I used to be a chef at a summer camp in California, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    • Jedi Movies? (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Steamboat28 said: Quote: * The Fountain I love that movie with my whole heart. Everything about it is excruciating.
    • Where does Joseph Campbell talk about Phoenix tear... (Last post by Trisskar)
    • I found this. But I don't like the website...or rather....my laptop dosn't. So i copy and pasted with reference link. Is this what you meant? Spoiler: In a conversation between Bill Moyers and Joseph Campbell, who was the 20th century's greatest interpreter of myths, Campbell talked about the hero's journey: "A legendary hero is usually the founder of something—the founder of a new age, the founder of a new religion, the founder of a new city, the founder of a new way of life." In response, Moyers said to Campbell, "But doesn't this leave all the rest of us ordinary mortals back on shore?" "I don't think there is any such thing as an ordinary mortal," Campbell answered. "I always feel uncomfortable when people speak about ordinary mortals because I've never met an ordinary man, woman or child. ... You might say that the founder of a life—your life or mine, if we live our own lives, instead of imitating everybody else's life—comes from a quest as well." I have my own name for the quest. I call it the Phoenix Process—in honor of the mythic bird with golden plumage whose story has been told throughout the ages. The Egyptians called the bird the Phoenix and believed that every 500 years the Phoenix bird renewed his quest for his true self. Knowing that a new way could only be found with the death of his worn-out habits, defenses and beliefs, the Phoenix built a pyre of cinnamon and myrrh, sat in the flames and burned to death. Then he rose from the ashes as a new being—a strange amalgam of who he had been before and who he had become. A new bird, yet ever more himself; changed, and at the same time, the eternal Phoenix. You and I are the Phoenix. Our lives ask us to die and to be reborn every time we confront change—change within our self and change in our world. When we descend all the way down to the bottom of a loss, and dwell patiently, with an open heart, in the darkness and pain, we can bring back up with us the sweetness of life and the exhilaration of inner growth. When there is nothing left to lose, we find the true self—the self that is whole, the self that is enough, the self that no longer looks to others for definition, or completion, or anything but companionship on the journey. The Phoenix Process is a journey that is different for everyone, and therefore, ultimately, it is a trek into uncharted territory. It is unhelpful to compare one person's journey to another's—all are different, and one is not more profound or important than another. Very painful situations—the loss of a loved one, a serious illness, a national tragedy—have the power to transform one's life, but so do less traumatic events. It's all in the way we approach the changing nature of life; it's all in the courage to say yes to whatever comes our way; it's in the way we listen for the messages in the flames and dig for the treasure in the ashes. Rules of the Phoenix Process 1. Change is the nature of life, and nothing changes without loss, which is a form of death. Death therefore is a prerequisite to change and rebirth. Loss and change, death and rebirth: These are natural, necessary cycles. No one can escape loss and death. Pretending otherwise is exhausting and a huge waste of time. To resist change, loss or death is to say no to life. 2. It's not easy to participate consciously with change, loss or death. More often than not, we would like to stay asleep to the whole subject. It hurts to lose and to change; it causes us grief. But grief is not a sign of anything being wrong, nor is it a sign of weakness. In fact, grief in the face of loss lubricates the wheels of change. Denial and bitterness are like sticks stuck in the spokes of the wheel; they render us motionless. When we turn toward what is changing—when we keep our hearts open and allow ourselves to feel a loss all the way through—we move with more grace into a new, energetic and constructive phase of life. 3. We can transform loss into growth, change into insight and suffering into joy if we turn and face that which frightens us most about ourselves and our changing circumstances. This takes courage. We may find aspects of our personality that need altering. We may find parts of our lives that can no longer remain the same. We may have to upset old family patterns, adjust ways of thinking, let go of habits. Part of the Phoenix Process is asking for help, learning new ways of doing things, seeking inspiration. We need help to learn how to take the suffering deep inside and to make the process an interior one. As long as we blame others—another person, an institution, a relationship—for our faltering lives, there is little chance of transformation, little hope that we will be reborn as the powerful self that we really are. Read more: www.oprah.com/own-super-soul-sunday/the-...lesser#ixzz49uugnr7r

There are 144 visitors, 7 guests and 22 members online (3  in chat): Firewolf, Proteus, Lykeios, Kit, Avalonslight, Cabur Senaar, Aqua, Arkayik, Bran-Dau, FTPC, Atticus509, KazamaCaine, Adi, Tellahane, Hyrum Tigerprice, MadHatter, Yabuturtle, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Rex, c0m1c5, FAT, x57z12, thomaswfaulkner, CableSteele, Xavier, LiamRevan, Luce Stellare, fontaine327.

Follow Us