Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jediism and Karma (Last post by Goken)
    • I don't believe in karma in a cosmic justice sense. I don't honestly believe that the universe or the Force equals everything out. Sometimes bad people go unpunished and good people lead terrible lives. I just try to do good things because it's right, not out of hope that good things will happen to me because of it. It's nice to think about though.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • There are moments when I look at the rest of you people here and wonder how you can stand living on rice cakes and 2%. Screw this constant struggle to control everything that makes me interesting, even to myself. Keep your lack of ambition and brown/gray "yes ma'am"s. Screw your dark blue polo shirts and weak cologne and parking spaces and considering each other's feelings in forum posts. We are hot, loud, disgusting, brilliantly colored, obnoxious. The air crackles with neon buzz around us. You can't hide in the corner from it. You can pretend to sit yourself on a satin pillow and be milquetoast until your head rots off, but you can't succeed. That's not what we are. I can not, will not, ever live my life without passion. Talking is useless. Get up and do something. And yes, this is the right thread for this. I'm grateful to realize that we are more than this. So fucking electrically grateful. The world is burning down around you and you're praying to a little tin statue of yourself. DO SOMETHING.
    • Jediism... Religion, Chioce or Philosophy.... (Last post by Death, yet the Force)
    • As I have a different religion, I would not count it as that. However it is definitely a choice and a philosophy in my eyes. I believe wholeheartedly in the beliefs of the Jedi and it's teachings have done me well. I can see why it would be considered a religion though, and who knows maybe I will see it like that one day. But for now, in the present, I see it as a life choice and a code in which to live by. Like everyone has different upbringings, everyone can take Jediism the way they want to. I hope, whatever way you see it, the path of the Jedi does you well :)
    • About Police Shootings (in America, Duh) (Last post by Adder)
    • Surveillance technology has come a long way up, and prices down so that is one way to tackle it. The benefits are increased chances of catching any offender through supply of evidence to try to prevent crime, and early detection of crime... not going to stop gun crime though. Might just need to harden up our facilities and vehicles to make them less vulnerable to small arms fire or forced entry. Release the drones with pepper spray, call Police, and go into lockdown!!!!!!!! (not in that order) :lol:
    • Pokemon Go! A generation lost in 1 day.... (Last post by Goken)
    • It does seem a little odd to me that the length of this thread (or at least its existence) has been brought up on two separate occasions today in regards to it's ridiculousness. The majority of the thread is actually about how many people love the game and all the good things it's doing for people. I feel like the "negative" view of it is a small minority, they just happened to be the ones to name it.
    • Reiki Energy ~ Empathic Abilities & Jedi (Last post by Nike)
    • I appreciate the replies to my query. My learning style is to read lightly, but more learn by doing. When I studied Taoism, I learned a great deal through a continuous practice of qi gong and daily reading by a modern Spiritual Teacher. He's out in California and I would some day hope to study with him. I am concerned about taking on this practice on my own. It is very difficult to find other Taoists. It is considered a solitary practice and highly contemplative. Mostly, learning to observe what is happening around you, especially in nature, including the stars and find yourself a part of it all. Not to separate the human from the natural world around us. And, ultimately, there is so much seen and unseen that words often cannot describe insight. This would appear to be a virtual community. It's hard to sustain interest on my own. My pattern of internet activity tends to be low use. It's hard to find time to read on line. And, that's not doing, that's reading. I cannot learn unless I can actively do something or talk with others. It's not a virtual interest, I want to apply these principles in daily life.
    • On the Nature of Crime vs War - An Open Discussion... (Last post by OB1Shinobi)
    • Quote: In my opinion, if the Jedi love humanity we should lean to the left as much as we can. the left has been hijacked there are now people who promote traditionally leftist positions but who do it in ways that violate the underlying principles which lead to those positions if you oppose free speech you are not a leftist in my view if you promote racist ideology, you are not a leftist, you are a racist the left that i signed up for, and have always supported, believes in equality and opportunity for everyone, even the people we dont like the left, as i am seeing it today, is just as corrupted by money as the right, and has become just as belligerent and narrow minded as the conservative and fundamentalist right wingers the left used to be noam chomsky and ralph nader, bill moyers, al gore even barney frank (who was more liberal than most) ect ect people who would deliver commentary that was critical and biting, yes, but was also somewhat balanced in the sense that it did its best to be thoughtful and inclusive and to critique in a mature way, which started from the position that we are supposed to all be in this thing together, even though we disagree at least, thats how i perceived it at the time; maybe its me who has changed? now the tide seems to have shifted towards the likes of michael moore and francesca ramsey, and these people seem no different to me at heart than limbaugh or falwel: bigots bigots are bigots whatever side of the isle they stand on, and it is bigotry itself that i oppose
    • Something terrible? (Last post by Ryder)
    • Hmm... I sometimes get those feelings too. Usually it's just something that will happen in my personal life, but today has just been very normal for me until I read this post.
    • Philosophical Defenses for the Force; Common Groun... (Last post by Gisteron)
    • You are assuming that two distinct things need to be differentiable. For the sake of pragmatism I would make that assumption, too, but you do need to postulate that as an axiom if you want to use it. You are also saying that the nature of a thing equates to its identity. In your model two things cannot share a nature. That is also an unstated premise. Lastly, about step 4, and allow me to be a little nitpicky here... you say that there cannot be two substances who share the same attribute. To me that sounds like there cannot be two that have so many as one attribute in common. So ontop of the missing premises mentioned earlier, even granting them, this literal interpretation of step 4 in your argument wouldn't follow. As for step 11, I concluded that considering that we have no axiom stating that it is impossible for a substance to have impossible attributes. So for any substance we propose that is maximally real, we can easily define another one that is more real still by just saying that for every possible property the old one has, the new one has a pair of that property with a matchinig impossible one. The point here is, infinity is not a quantity, it cannot be a maximum. You are basically talking about a convergent thing that diverges. Well, I could at best agree that when we speak of something, we do have some idea of that thing and the thing then exists at least in the form of that idea. But when I describe a two-masted sailing yacht that has the attribute of being my property, that does not actually mean that there actually is a yacht I own. In fact, I might as well describe a roughly sphere-shaped space station with the firepower to blow peaceful defenseless planets to fist-sized chunks and simply by defining an object O with this set of properties S of which existence is an element, I have proven that the Death Star is actually out there. Also, the step 16 I'm reading states that it belongs to the nature of the (infinite) substance to exist, i.e. it has the attribute of existence. And considering how you defined the infinite substance as that which has all the possible attributes, you are basically saying either that existence is a possible attribute or that that which exists, exists. See, tautologies are - in my opinion - valid. Circular arguments are not formally wrong, they are just useless to conclude the non-trivial. If you define something as existent you don't need to spend another dozen lines only to restate it. Would I not know any better, I would have to think you are trying to confuse people, trick them with complicated language to accept a proposition without a proper intellectual justification. And I would also say that with all due respect to language and logic as tools of understanding the world around us, we don't get to ammend that world by just defining things into existence. If we could, we could define two things into existence that are mutually incompatible, thereby proving that logic is utterly unsuitable to understand anything in the actual world, thereby rendering pretty much any and all intellectual inquiry pointless.
    • Meditation (Last post by Soma)
    • Quote: Night times just before bed. I often listen to this with Simply Rain in the background from rain.simplynoise.com/ I literally play that same video at night while I sleep. Get suuuch good rest it seems like when this is on in the background!

There are 255 visitors, 10 guests and 34 members online (4  in chat): Guardianofwinds, ren, Trisskar, Viskhard, Joe, Lightstrider, Connor L., Proteus, Luthien, V-Tog, Reacher, Khaos, Kit, Aisling, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Senan, Goken, Aqua, Cyan Sarden, Atticus, TheDude, WRRPhoto, Bareus, MadHatter, MartaLina, Gwinn, nidem, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Leah Starspectre, Albekl, Rahatha, Kaccani, Death, yet the Force, LukaManuka, Lancer, novaadwhite, Everett9, AD, Soma.

Follow Us