Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Jedi Ethnicity (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: Depends on the gov't form. If it's to identify someone (Black vs. Tan vs. White complexion, plus other identifiers associated with the ethnicity [although both tan individuals, you can tell a difference between an Indian and a Native American by facial structure) then the ethnicity is important. In the Netherlands these lists were used to wipe out the jewish inhabitants ...thats why we dont mention race anymore ...
    • Church of Jediism - ChurchOfJediism.org Blocked by... (Last post by Alethea Thompson)
    • Oh, I know ;) Yeah I didn't have the issue either. But I don't run McAfee, never was a fan of McAfee either. As for the importance of this, it's been a long time war that subsided previously. CoJ...actually it's not CoJ, it's one person that holds a great deal of control over the order. When this started CoJ claimed inspiration from ToTJO's doctrine, and then moved forward to establish their own church in the UK. There program was a bit wonky, and they taught a number of really negligent concepts, while ignoring the order's doctrine which they claimed to have been inspired after. Although ToTJO survived the encounter, because people did pool towards us, in the media CoJ was making leaps and bounds towards reflecting an ideology that none of the community represented. The individual in the CoJ that has been doing this is also hindering the future of it's own order in a vastly different way than what we are painting even in this thread. It's become a stagnant system, and the problem that is being run into is that there is no transparency. At no point does CoJ explain where the funds are going. It is assumed (well hoped) that the funds go back into the site- none of the council members receive payment for their time (nor do they have knowledge of the where the funds go). As it would turn out the for-profit organization has even relapsed in being registered since 2012. The problem that we have here is that there is a huge potential for people being taken advantage of. This battle isn't about ToTJO, it's about the people that deserve more and should have a leader which adheres to integrity. We as a community support each other. For some of us, more than others, that means exposing the people that are trying to take advantage of anyone that walks into the community. It is the hope of anyone that takes the stance against said individual, they will either become honest or they will find that this is a community one cannot use for their own (unJedi) advantages. It's of note that this community works together to share information. When one order discovers something another does not know, we tell one another. And if the situation is serious enough, that order tends to take action to protect their members. So this isn't a matter of simply caring what other orders do, this is what we have done for a great deal of time with one another. ChurchofJediism.org is part of that tradition.
    • Saber Flourish Gif (Last post by Streen)
    • Quote: I've had no weapons training, but, I've often though that "flourishes" (is that a word?) Help to reset the weapon to a "ready position... Same with swords, while the first GIF showed you swinging it on both sides of your body, when its across your body in the downward swing, with force behind it, it could parry an overhead swing from an opponent, right? Quote: They can also be used to release excess momentum should a strike miss Those are good points actually. I hadn't thought of it that way. Not that Star Wars has the most realistic sword fighting, but I've noticed that Anakin uses that flourish fairly often, noticeably against Count Dooku in their second encounter. Then of course there's a part of the fight between Anakin and Obi-wan where they are standing on the table, both twirling their blade the same way at the same time (some people call that flourish the Obi-Ani). :side:
    • Where do you meditate? (Last post by Hyrum Tigerprice)
    • I do two daily meditations in a chair in my bedroom. I lock the cat out. I do also do other meditations of several varieties and I can do these anywhere, I do some meditations depending upon the phase of the moon. Sometimes I participate in meditation groups or circles too.
    • Looking at the Present Moment as a loved one (Last post by Streen)
    • I'm happy to see we agree on something, Jestor ;) Time is a measuring device, for sure. I like to think of it as a measurement of space. For instance, how long does it take for an object to get from point A to point B. Then again, Einstein said Time and Space are one in the same. If so, then our point is proven further. Everything is one thing: the Force. If everything is the Force, if one could see things that way, it would all be a blur of sameness. So how could one measure space if everything is the same thing? Point A, point B, and the space between no longer exist as separate places. Therefore, Time cannot be measured.
    • Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons are More... (Last post by MartaLina)
    • I think it is for the same reason that Monsanto and the food factories want patent on seeds and such , they want to be the only ones making money from food. The grow your own movement gets a lot of bashing lately too , but a Judge in the Netherlands decided that it will stay legal to grow some weed and certainly this means growing your own food aswell. But the food factories pharmacuetics are not done yet bullying us ...this is gonna get even uglier ... :(
    • Acupuncture (Last post by Yasuo Tanoshii Hideaki)
    • I made several positive experiences with acupuncture. One of the most impressive situations was my first time I was treated with an acupuncture needle. Back then I got a lumbago doing gardening. My back hurt like hell an I was hardly able to move. I told my family doctor (who was also pain therapist) and she asked me if she can try something. She pinned a small acupuncture needle right into the pain point. After a few seconds the point where the needle was pinned started to prickle and a feel of warm spread out from this point. The hurt was gone and I was able to move without any obstructions again. In the modern western medicine you usually get a heat therapy for this. E. g. you get a balm to stimulate the blood flow and some time under an infrared lamp. But this is not nearly so effective like this small needle prick in my dorsal.
    • The Ultimate History Lesson: A Weekend with John T... (Last post by Lightstrider)
    • Great stuff here for everyone. Intro + Hour 1 of 5 ] John Taylor Gatto (born December 15, 1935) is an American author and former school teacher with nearly 30 years of experience in the classroom. He devoted much of his energy to his teaching career, then, following his resignation, authored several books on modern education, criticizing its ideology, history, and consequences. He is best known for the underground classic "Dumbing Us Down: the Hidden Curriculum of Compulsory Schooling", and The Underground History of American Education: A Schoolteacher’s Intimate Investigation Into the Problem of Modern Schooling, which is sometimes considered to be his magnum opus. He was named New York City Teacher of the Year in 1989, 1990, and 1991, and New York State Teacher of the Year in 1991. What does the school do to children? Gatto asserts the following in "Dumbing Us Down": It confuses the students. It presents an incoherent ensemble of information that the child needs to memorize to stay in school. Apart from the tests and trials, this programming is similar to the television; it fills almost all the "free" time of children. One sees and hears something, only to forget it again. It teaches them to accept their class affiliation. It makes them indifferent. It makes them emotionally dependent. It makes them intellectually dependent. It teaches them a kind of self-confidence that requires constant confirmation by experts (provisional self-esteem). It makes it clear to them that they cannot hide, because they are always supervised. He also draws a contrast between communities and “networks,” with the former being healthy, and schools being examples of the latter; in the United States, networks have become an unhealthy substitute for community. Spoiler: ABOUT TRAGEDY AND HOPE: SUMMARY, PURPOSE, FORM, AND FUNCTION Tragedy and Hope provides a portal through which individuals can discover, identify, and integrate useful tools, resources, and activities which stimulate and fortify Cognitive Liberty, providing primary sources, research, and educational methods which facilitate consciousness. Tragedy and Hope's purpose is to enable individuals to research and form groups of independent thinkers to solve humanity's most pressing problems, by identifying the etiology (study of the cause-and-effect origins) and thus understanding our way toward the solutions we seek. Tragedy and Hope's form and function (free to the public) enables hundreds-of-thousands of people around the world, to experience open-source education without upper-limits, and it is therein where the solutions are discovered- by making the problems truly known and understood at a root-cause level. Tragedy and Hope creates, produces, and publishes educational content to help adults understand the world they live in and thereby, develop true self-confidence and serenity of mind; our content focuses on history, philosophy, economics, anthropology, science, communications, and every topic which pertains to learning how to survive and thrive in this world. Tragedy and Hope is funded by those who tune-in to our productions, and the members of the Tragedy and Hope online critical thinking and research community, who subscribe after witnessing the value provided, and voluntarily deciding to contribute in a way to ensure we can continue producing educational media with integrity and consistency. Sacrifice the Tragedy, Preserve the Hope.
    • Robes and Sabers (Last post by Competent)
    • Quote: In my path the robes and sabers are purely symbolic images... I honestly agree with this, being that they are something we are naturally associated with, and they carry good symbols with them as well.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Carli)
    • For acceptance from others even in times when I cannot accept myself. Thank you to those who give me hope and encouragement. Tonight I feel truly lifted by those around me.

There are 169 visitors, 5 guests and 39 members online (5  in chat): Akkarin, Alethea Thompson, J_Roz, ren, Trisskar, Joe, Dechlain, Wescli Wardest, V-Tog, Alexandre Orion, Kit, Edan, Avalonslight, tzb, Zenchi, Vagabond, Cabur Senaar, Aqua, Exarchias, MrBruno, Atticus509, Krieger, Adi, Tellahane, Jamho Thaber, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, MartaLina, Carli, Reserved Sanity, Amandabonn, Kyrin Wyldstar, Snowy Aftermath, Cenrus Kuno, Rider Black, Janko, Riyuma, Nophatus, Razzer, Raeo qazaan.

Follow Us