Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by MadHatter)
    • I am greatful for two things today A.) For people like TheDude who despite heated PM debate kept things civil and we reached understanding if not agreement. Its rare that people can do that and so I thank him for it. This place has shown me better people then I have met anywhere else and I am grateful for all my brothers and sisters here. B.) I am greatful that I get to see things like the Knighting of Loudzoo one of the first people to interact with me here. Its a privilege to see the growth of so many.
    • Knights of Awakening: Jedi Safe Spaces (Charles Mc... (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: "Safe spaces" may very well be the greatest danger to its continued evolution humanity has ever faced. Quote: Can you clarify that? I define racism as discrimination based on race. Not looking at someones skin colour as a means to reduce the likeleehood of being racist doesn't seem to fit that description to me. It sounds to me like an attempt to not get caught rather than lack of racism. Blind people don't appreciate all colours equally, they do not appreciate any of them at all. Practice makes perfect ;) When meeting something/someone different or new, its like a negotiation to determine what is and what is not the best manner to communicate and relate.... because what makes it different would usually imply that its less-familiar (and obviously new is completely unfamiliar) and so to make it easy - don't see skin colour! Instead look and listen to how the person 'wants' to be related with, see people for how they choose to be seen, for how they choose to interact, for how they choose to represent themselves for example. If they want to use their culture, race etc then great, if not then great. I think the problem is people are quick to use stereotypes based on shallow interpretations such as skin colour, instead of having a better more accurate 1 on 1 interaction. I cannot see how that is racist. It is though reducing the importance of race in the defining someones identity, but as mentioned unless they themselves make effort to embrace it and therefore it becomes an opportunity, something to discover about the person. It is in fact, the opposite of ignoring someone IMO. It is about wanting to see the persons spirit more then the body of the person.
    • On the Nature of Crime vs War - An Open Discussion... (Last post by Rex)
    • Disregarding your authoritarian or libertarian bent, international non-state militant parties cannot be accepted in armed conflicts. Many people, when hearing that respond something like, "but how will the oppressed 3rd world people have their voices heard?" If you want a good example, look at South Sudan. That was pretty much genocide against minorities throughout the longstanding civil war until a referendum completely divorced Sudan. The UN and African Union both quickly recognized the new government, despite it's fragility. Palestine is another group that's on the verge of accepting a peaceful resolution and statehood (the variables there are hugely different).
    • Dilemma (Last post by Rex)
    • Thanks guys for the responses. Yeah, this person just keeps popping back in (and there's really no way to physically stop them), so I decided the best course of action was to hand over the evidence to the official leader of our group (even though they've been powerless to stop this person). I never would want to publicly reveal what I've seen, so I talked to the person and politely asked them to leave without mentioning the material. Loudzoo, I appreciate that proverb, if I see them as a problem or opportunity, that's what they'll be. Ultimately, as I'm not the only person affected by this, I will not act upon it, but ensure those with the proper authority are able to in good faith. Thanks TOTJO!
    • Meditation (Last post by Death, yet the Force)
    • I usually meditate for 20-25 minutes. I don't have a specific timetable for it, I've never been good with timetables! I simply meditate when I need to, ie when I feel angry or worked up kind of thing. Usually i'd just meditate in silence without any noises or smells; and try to connect with the Force all around me in the earth, air and in me. However I do have a playlist full of mellow music which I sometimes use. My girlfriend has also bought me incense, which I will try when I next see her, so I shall probably try and do things with scented candles and incense soon too! I am always either sitting cross legged or standing up straight; sometimes doing hand movements. :)
    • Tai chi chuan for begginers (Last post by TheDude)
    • Quote: The video of Taiji is an example in point there are some fundimental errors in following taiji first principles, if you follow the classic chinese medical model then these errors will lead to blocked qi at best the western medical model will lead to knee pain and patela misalinement long term painfull knees are not muck fun and the replacements are not that good . Yes, there is not much focus on breath and no rounding of the back, and the knees are overextended at some points and at awkward angles for much of the video. But there are tons of different styles of Tai Chi Chuan (even within Yang style) and many traditional Chinese teachers do teach it this way, including some who are very devout in their study and practice of traditional Chinese medicine. :)
    • How to create a group ?? (Last post by tzb)
    • A good way to gauge/demonstrate that interest and to find out if a Knight is one of those interested is to start a forum thread on the topic in question :)
    • Any pipe smokers here? (Last post by Jedi Druid)
    • I know it's a few months past since the last post here, but still wanted to add my two cents. I have nearly a dozen pipes of different ilks, but my favorite is a half-bent meerschaum with no design. I tend to smoke a little hot and the meerschaum seems to stay a little cooler. My favorite tobacco is a house blend from Just For Him in Springfield, Missouri that I have shipped to my house when I need it; it's called Treebeard from their Middle Earth Pipeweed blends (the also have, Old Toby, Ruins of Isengaard, Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Longbottom Leaf). It's delicious with some sweet vanillas in the mouth, little bite, and a bit of a nutty scent in its "room smell". Haven't found one yet to compare! Will upload some pics when I get a chance...
    • Mail (Last post by MadHatter)
    • Quote: If I sign up for the church, will I receive any mail from here? I would prefer not to The only email you get is what you allow under the email preferences section of your profile settings. No physical mail is sent that I am aware of unless you ask for a certificate that you have earned.
    • This Gave Me Hope (Last post by Soma)
    • Quote: I would like to start a thread similar to the grateful thread and the self-forgiveness thread. A thread where we can all share things that gave us hope today. In the face of a cruel and unfair world filled with bad people there is still always hope, you just have to open yourself up to it. So open yourself up and let that hope spill out to others. I thought this was a very inspiring story about a man named David Young... :
    • jedi Buddhist (Last post by shifu)
    • a short answer :huh: Ch`an buddhisum associated with shaolin study as with most of chinese life can be seen in this analogy, Buddhisum is the house Confucianism is the way the house is run Daoisum is the feeling within the house The body needs to be trained according to a structure the middle way, The mind needs to have a place within which to locate itsself, order, but within which you the internal can change according to the actions of the external others. The unity of body and mind leads on to the spirit, the spirit is you the internal them the external in harmony. Study of these Philosophies will give a compase heading in which to travel, aguide/teacher in your chosen model of practice will narrow the paths down on which you travel but you choose, when young take the difficult path, travel will make the path easier but no less interesting. Remember you have two teachers the external and the internal learn from both, all teachers need teachers to keep them true.

There are 181 visitors, 5 guests and 24 members online (2  in chat): Br. John, Guardianofwinds, Firewolf, ren, Trisskar, Adder, Proteus, Alexandre Orion, Alan, Lykeios, Kit, Atticus, TheDude, Adi, Tellahane, WRRPhoto, MadHatter, Kyrin Wyldstar, FAT, Ryder, Leah Starspectre, Joda Sett, Rahatha, LukaManuka, Lancer, Cro, Lugtjw.

Follow Us