Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Grateful for individuals who's actions make being a Jedi challenging, ever so reminding me to be a better man than I was yesterday....
    • Can war ever be 'just' (Last post by Rickie)
    • During the Vietnam War the term "fighting for peace is like sex is for virginity." Makes sense doesn't it. ;)
    • I think people are falling for it (Last post by CryojenX)
    • Even those who hold the power to manipulate entire nations are indeed slaves themselves. We are all slaves, theoretical conspirators included. Where we may be slaves to socioeconomic contrivances designed to benefit those at the top, those at the top are slaves to the very fear which creates the need to feel in control of anyone else. No one will be free until everyone is free, and so the wealthy and politically influential are our fellow slaves, and until they have learned to free themselves from their fears and desires for power, everyone suffers. There is no us or them, we really are all in this same boat together, it's just that few people on either end of the boat ever realize this to be the case.
    • What Is Your "Champion" Cause? (Last post by McNulty)
    • Quote: You raise a good point. Focus is an admirable trait, but to focus on one thing necessitates ignoring others. Naturally, there's no black and white answer. Your statement is correct, but sometimes it takes that focused person with drive and a specific vision to get something done. Perhaps it's because I just started the IP, but this sounds a bit like the edge-walking analogy. If you go too far in either direction, you fall. The best answer lies somewhere in the middle. ;)
    • What code do you prefer? (Last post by Almeida)
    • I think the "yet" version is more realistic. It's easy for all of us to want to be like Yoda, but that's not the truth. We are not movie characters, we have people we love and that we care for, we have problems in the traffic, at work, in our personal lives and problems with money. We haven't been raised since a young age in a temple isolated from the world and away from the reality. Therefore, I believe the "yet" version is the better one. It's impossible for us not to feel love and passion and general emotions (unless you are a psychopath), yet we can't allow ourselves to be controlled by it. We have to accept we are ignorant in various subjects, yet we have to do our best to know more and more things. We have to accept that the Chaos is part of the life, and the Butterfly Effect really works, the Drunkard's Walk is part of everything, yet we have to be in harmony with it. And we have to accept that Death is part of life, and most of us are not able to talk to spirits of people who keep living with the Force, yet we have to believe they keep living in the Force. The "no code" is perfect for Buddhist monks and other people that are cut from human contact since early age, but it doesn't really work for people who live in the real world.
    • Land of Tomorrow (Last post by ETSubmariner)
    • What about a 'universal library' in which there's a book for every topic under every sun that ever was or ever will be, every thought that anyone ever had or will? Such a library would then contain books about what happens precisely in the future, moment by moment. Also, a book of every unsolved misery inflicted on one creature to another. A book on every dictator who was currently just a tiny child. What would a reader do with such data? What about the Librarian of such a library? What kind of creature would that be? What if you see that Librarian one day on the sidewalk, but you notice the Librarian is watching you? Would you ever want to meet such a creature?
    • A Simple Question (Last post by ETSubmariner)
    • Quote: What is the Force? I am new to the Temple, and starting the IP. That said, I came to the Temple to find illumination about the two things I have been thinking about relating to the universe as a thing itself, a real object exhibiting many refined forms. I am considering whether my idea of the Force (to use the popular term) is that the Force is the universe itself, or is an exhibit of the universe in a more complex form. I feel that it is the former, but I am inquiring and curious. To understand my thought, I'll tell you what physics used to be concerned with; real objects, and objects are defined as that which have shape. Note that math, properly relegated to its role simply as a tool, has overtaken the beauty and science that physics used to be. Odd concepts are being proposed as real objects without any physical evidence at all. In a universe with the proper kind of scientific basis, following the scientific method particularly, I come to one single object that exists. That single object, real as we consider a rock real, has two essences: push and pull. Those two essences show me an object that is intertwined and taut. That single object's motion on itself creates the 'matter' we popularly label as matter (that rock again). As the object pushes and pulls on its own shape, the tighter the intertwined essences become, you start to find density in the form of subatomic, atomic, elements, molecular, macro, as well as organics. I consider the Force as that single object, and nothing in this universe is not of that object. In such a scenario, there would be nothing but the Force. In this case, the Force is always (with) you. However, what of consciousness? I tend towards a Mr. Julian Jaynes and his idea that consciousness (not as in just being awake) is a recent result in our history--a complex resonance of organics that exists only momentarily and intermittently. Can humans be not conscious at any time? Absolutely. I am still considering whether or not the Force might be that pervading complexity, uniform to all parts of the universe, not a consciousness itself separate from other things, but thee consciousness that we tune into with the transceiver that our brains are actually mechanically about. I can even model the universe with two short, equal length stands of yarn. That is science as physics used to be before mathematicians took over. Math has its use, needed, but I am mindful that math itself is never a real object. To do science, you need an object. And you must define the object as that which has shape. There's no math needed to put that science on display, and we can then watch that object describe all the other physical observations we have already seen (evidence) and used to create the world we now live upon (practical application, like the Internet as well as plows and pens).
    • Star Wars Patches (Last post by r3dleader)
    • Yes. I am hoping to order some TOJO ones as soon as possible, but linked store said it was down till next week. Which is fine, I am not in a big rush. The patches are something I collect, but given how big VII is going to be I thought that it might cool to break them out and show them off a bit. I have most of the common patches and some of the rarer and celebration patches. Mostly I am looking for anything that you can't just buy off the rack, guess I should have said. I am willing to swap or trade or buy or whatever for them.
    • "To defend the way of Jediism" (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • It's not a "natural " reaction I will tell you Edan. The thought is when troubles come not to allow them strength enough to influence you in a way you would not want to go. Overcoming and rising against are the common phrases. Acting your convictions during the point of the need to defend is the idea. I am human proof this is possible. Lol. I act like I want to be, not what comes quick and natural. It takes practice and will power and worth every extra moment in meditation.
    • Force meditation (Last post by Reliah)
    • I would honestly suggest finding the right meditation style for you, personally. Research them, try them, try different postures (sitting, walking, doing, or laying) at different times of the day. Here are a few links. It doesn't have to be complicated and you don't have to try them all. :) How to Choose the Right Meditation Style for You. 23 Types of Meditation You will find that anything can become a meditation at any moment.
    • Live Service – The Itch - Wednesday, 25 November 2... (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • Hello everyone! :laugh: I will be delivering a live service called The Itch on Wednesday, the 25th of November, 2015 at 2200 UTC. To see that in your time zone, please click here. The sermon will be held, as always, in the Temple chat room. Please Note: You may require headphones. I hope to see you there! Thanks so much! :cheer:

There are 525 visitors, 8 guests and 43 members online (2  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, Jestor, Connor L., Adder, LTK, Desolous, Proteus, Reacher, Rickie, KageKeeper, Archon, Kohadre, Silvermane, Senan, Rick D, Zenchi, Jamie Stick, Mozart Ponntes, Cabur Senaar, Arkayik, MrBruno, Competent, Adi Vas, CryojenX, Tellahane, 6h057, JLSpinner, Ke JinnDakken, Jack.Troutman, MadHatter, Cayce, joe.s.m, ETSubmariner, Skryym, Almeida, mar-gau87, McNulty, Colonial73, The Forgotten, themoonspirits.

Follow Us