Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (Last post by Adder)
    • I tried downloading Disney Infinity 3.0 for PC, but its so big I cannot get it downloaded in one sitting, and when I have to close it, it loses where it downloaded up to which means it has to start again next time.... hence I have not been able to try it yet :S
    • I think people are falling for it (Last post by Adder)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: I'm not even sure if it could have flown at that low of an altitude at that speed because of down-draft. What do you mean by down draft? Do you mean wind shear? Down Draft is a new concept that is not being studied at this time because it can't be replicated in the wind tunnel without major changes, and even the wind tunnel here at Boeing is in constant use for regular R&D; and the FAA will not allow planes to fly at ground level at full speed. The basics of aeronautical lift are that because the top surface of the wing is curved, and the bottom surface is flat, that air traveling under the wing has to slow down to meet up with the air going over the top. This slow down creates a cushion of air that pushes the wing up, thus achieving flight. The theory of Down Draft is that the size of this cushion of air under the wing is dependent on the size of the wing, and the speed of the airplane. If a 757 was traveling at full speed, at ground level (or just above the ground enough for the engines not to drag), the force of the air going under the wing would have caused a significant cushion of air that would have physically pushed the airplane up, like two magnets pushing away from each other. Again, this is a theory that is too impractical and dangerous to test, so it's a bunch of aerospace geeks wondering "what if". Oh so not a weather phenomena. Ya got any links? Pressure differential occurs between both the top and bottom of wings AFAIK but I get that the higher pressure experienced on the lower surface of the wing could be indicative of some body of higher pressure air beneath the wing. I'm not sure it would extend very far though, especially at speed.... now I really want to see pressure diagrams to find out :lol: Edit; perhaps they had to research this when designing the B1B bomber, as it was designed to operate at low level and most of the body itself appears to be a lifting surface! Might be a place to look if declassified. I've liked reading about aerodynamics in the past so its not completely foreign to me, but I don't know enough about it... and AFAIK most of the non-weather related risks at low level are at airports were things like helicopters next to runway thresholds can cause turbulence, and of course wake turbulence from previous traffic. Otherwise the military spend a lot of time flying very low and also in formations, and in various sized aircraft - but I don't have any first hand experience and am not 'in the business'.
    • The Thread of Balance (Last post by Cabur Senaar)
    • There was a lot of change today. Relationships changing here in the Temple. Growth! Two deaths at work. Enter deeply into the flow of it.
    • Rants far and wide (Last post by CryojenX)
    • I'm having it tough enough just trying to keep motivated to work on the IP through my depression without you needling me for apparently making the wrong choice of book for my world religion essays. So I'm studying a book on Judaism written by a Rabbi and yousee fit to assume that I'll be completely pro-religion bias in all my work and won't say a single negative thing about Daesh or the Crusades. Bravo for you! You know how to make ridiculous leaps of logic that have zero basis in reality! WHOOPDEE DOOO!!
    • An Apology (Last post by Jamie Stick)
    • It is with heavy heart that I acknowledge that I have not handled my problems the way I was supposed to. I publicly called out Ros about two sermons that were overlooked in the sermon schedule. Though in my mind I believed I was doing the Temple a service by pointing this out for everyone to see, it has been made clear that there were many steps I could have taken before a public shaming was called for. That was an error in judgment on my part. Unfortunately my error in judgment has effected more than myself, but the clergy, the Synod, and Ros. I am also aware that my comments regarding the Synod might have been construed as public criticism and while my intention was not to do so, the outcome still bears a striking resemblance to the same harmful behavior I conducted towards Ros. This apology is primarily for Ros, but also the rest of the clergy for not upholding a certain standard for how problems are handled, and to the Synod who I've embarrassed with my actions as a member of the clergy. If there is anything I can do to make this right, feel free to offer suggestions here or in my PM inbox.
    • Wisdom repeated back to you.. :) (Last post by KageKeeper)
    • Quote: I have a different thing happening. When I was younger, I would reject wisdom out of hand sometimes from older generations. Now, as I have come through the years, I realize that in many ways it is true that youth can be wasted on the young, and that some things, you simply have to live long enough to truly understand or appreciate. I find I am the one now, as a father, a teacher, etc, that repeats the wisdom. This is also so very true. It is such a unique perspective to see our kids doing exactly what we did at their age, including ignoring all advice and wisdom from OUR parents. :D
    • Jedi Bush-trackers... (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: Quote: a tip for starting fires without a match.... So far, I have successfully started fire with every "element" (whether Classical or Wu Xing) except water. It's next on my list. My favorite method, however, is the fire piston. [video] omg im a fan but that takes some clear working knowledge.
    • Videos not showing (Last post by Tellahane)
    • Quote: I'm finding since the change to https that I'm not seeing some people's videos, even though it's clear others can see them. This is happening on both my mac and my work pc.. (I use Firefox). It's not going to be cache issues etc because my browser clears it on each closure. Anyone any ideas? On the videos I've seen problems with in the past, videos that were put in before the https change, have a url to the http:// version of the site, and most browsers will block content of non secure stuff when your on a secure page. The fix would be to update the links of videos to their https versions, ie just adding the s will work because youtube has the same secure pages as well. It's just up to going back to those videos and fixing the links in most cases. For example: http: // will not show https: // will show videos added after the change I believe have the correct https automatically, but ones in posts from before hand doesn't, so any videos still at the old links in posts will not show by default via your browsers security, and its settings. some browsers you can kill the security settings and have it show no matter what, but I don't recommend that unless its a browser you don't do anything secure on at all, ie log into your bank or paypal or webmail etc. Just need to go back and fix any video links that are now broken.
    • Live Your Legend (Last post by Goken)
    • Quote: Quote: I learned though, that I needed to be empty to discover what I really wanted to be filled with. Very profound! Can I use this for something I'm writing for the Temple? Absolutely. B)
    • saber build (Last post by RyuJin)
    • the saberstaff...gave it a twirl's a bit heavier than i expected, other than that it works well despite being over 8 feet long...and despite its weight it moves quite fast using the lotus spin (darth maul's twirling technique)...with a bit of practice to remove my rust it'll be quite impressive... [attachment]
    • Fear of Ridicule (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Quote: It is well known among my friends here, and now another circle of friends, ;), that my wife is anti-jedi... She is actually anti religion, like so many, she thinks 'sheeple', and its all fake, and blah, blah... She also suffers from, well, lack of faith, lol... She gets overwhelmed by life, and the pressures of it, and forgets quite often that 'everything will be alright'... I just share the wisdom, I dont share the teachings... How that is different, is that when she is talking, like all facebookers, all negative about the world, a person, or point of view, I remind her that we all march to the beat of a different drum... Not all 'jedi-y' (picture some hand waving here, ;)), but rather just in the 'shoulder shrug, it doesnt upset me' kinda way... After a few years, and enough of that stuff, I have heard some of my little gems come back out of her mouth... We dont discuss my time here... Which is numerous, because it is such a hot topic for her... And, I learned to not say "hold on" when she wants my attention... I may be in a conversation, or mid post in a reply, and will 'lock the screen' (make it go dark, my phone is never locked with a passcode or anything, just takes a swipe to open), and turn my attention to her... While I value my time here, I also value her a bit more... I have invested 17 years in marriage, and 30+ in friendship... She can think I am crazy, or gullible, or whatever... I dont find Bejeweled, or Soda Pop wars, or Sims, or Smurfs, or any of those games she plays as fun, and I have tried, but then I get all philosophical, and the game loses it fun... And, that's cool for her.. At the pinnacle of disagreements, I told her that I do not find those games fun, and I would rather talk about philosophical stuff for my fun... (yea, Im fun at parties, lol)... You can still discuss the ideas, but you have to use other world stories to convey them, such as the refugees, Trump, terrorists, and so on... I hope that helps... Yes that helps , we all have to work around other peoples preconceptions and their view on life, even if we live under the same roof , we still have to go our own path, and in these matters Love is of the most important , it teaches us we can giggle over someones believes without hurting them in a nasty way , and if we do , accidentaly , we can say sorry , i love you , for who you are and move on ! :woohoo:

There are 504 visitors, 10 guests and 51 members online (2  in chat): Akkarin, Br. John, steamboat28, Jon, Karn, Kitsu Tails, Joe, Adder, Reliah, Proteus, V-Tog, Locksley, Alexandre Orion, Rosalyn J, Timberwolf, Lykeios, KageKeeper, Brenna, Archon, Kamizu, elizabeth, Kohadre, Senan, Zenchi, jamesjohnston1741, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, jheitzenrater, Slebo, MrBruno, OB1Shinobi, Atticus509, CryojenX, Tellahane, mikul, Jack.Troutman, MartaLina, ETSubmariner, Ox, Skryym, magmon, McNulty, BionicPianoMan, CanadianVaquero, Maeros, Anubis, Kayota Cor, Chahta, Robbiecjkelly0104.

Follow Us