Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Radical Islam (Last post by Rickie)
    • I just don't understand radical extreme anything combined with violence, intimidation and terror. I think is a personality disorder and a desperate grasping for power by frustrated people out of touch with society, common values and reality.
    • Doing that thing from that one brochure (Last post by Connor L.)
    • Awesome! I found this really helpful when I was struggling (at the end of my rope...) to quit sugar binging. Perhaps you might too. www.rational.org/index.php?id=36 It is the opposite of a "12 step" course, which I found really attractive.
    • There are real Jedi, there are also real Sith. Opi... (Last post by Jutus)
    • With the "sith/jedi" topic going on, I decided to search for this one. I think with Khaos's input, I've gotten a good idea of the differences between irl Jedi and Sith. I'm glad to see that they are not, in fact, like the Sith from the mythology (as irl Jedi are not necessarily like the Jedi from the mythology). That said, I feel confident in saying that I am much more Jedi than Sith, almost to a fault sometimes. I have to force myself to care for myself sometimes emotionally, just to survive, because I put so much of myself into the welfare of others. I guess I need a bit more "dark" sometimes. It goes to show as a reminder that there always needs to be balance. Too much light and we'd all be blind.
    • sith/jedi (Last post by Zenchi)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: Sith (mythological) in general tend to be very close-minded And fictional Jedi tend to be equanimous, compassionate and thoughtful. Sadly (speaking especially of my own behaviour), we tend to fall short of that. Some of us don't even aspire toward those lofty goals. Can't imagine why "real life" Sith should be expected to be anything like the fictional ones. Honestly, I feel like that's kind of the whole point of this site. At least for those that start the IP and become "Jedi" rather than just guests who are here for discussion purposes (nothing wrong with that, of course). We (the non-guests and those who have applied to be non-guests) aspire to those ideals, even if we do fall short of them. But the idea of a person aspiring to the ideals of a Sith as I described makes me a little nervous. Like, if I want to be more equanimous, compassionate, and thoughtful, most people would say that's a noble goal. But if I were to say that I want to be more close-minded, backstabbing, and power-hungry, most people might decide to keep their distance and wonder about my lifestyle choices. Personally, I don't know anyone irl who aspires to the Sith values I described (though I know plenty that live up to them...they just deny it, because whether they're aware or not, they're definitely not proud of the values they're exhibiting). Some old fart once said "Jedi ain't saints, and Sith ain't sinners," or something to that effect...
    • Science discovers God (Last post by rugadd)
    • Wait...someone thinks it is not okay to believe something without empirical evidence? Who has time to confirm empirical evidence of every single actionable thought that enters their head?!? We require faith just to function...even if it is faith in the idea that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for anything there is.
    • Yoga Camp (Last post by Edan)
    • Yoga Camp - Day 19 - 'I Respect' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_AgjOSsCKE&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzx5BRNB2_Kvycrn5h9OsaHC&index=20
    • Jedi do not smoke. (Last post by Jestor)
    • Den and I are still talking... He has decided to just take a sabbatical, and has not left for good, if I understand right... Time will tell... [attachment]
    • If you are not able to live it I feel there is som... (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • Quote: I have wondered about this very thing many times. It's cool and all, but what does it really change. No matter how many times I tell myself that there is no spoon I still can't just bend it with my mind. So does the idea that there is no spoon really matter? When in action everything to me matters.I never live in hypotheticals, waist of good thinking time to me...jk. But when we have an idea at least when I do or a thought, and I try it... everything matters. Did it work? Why why not. I break things down, it's my nature some times which CAN be disciplined. We can memorize creeds, wills, ways, words, but if they stay in the...realm of our minds and never happen... well then they never really happened . No exp points no credits no log in no nothing. Doesn't exist. That being said it is a scary thing. Action and change scare every one. No one is immune . How we react... there is the gravy!! Keep seeking friends, keep finding what you look for. Keep acting what you learn, it's called learning. If they don't work... think... use your bright light! Figure it out. Some times its just as easy as meditation then your like, we'll that s obvious now that I have taken time to stop n thing. That's one of many ideas here....TRY!
    • A Man is Known by Many Names. (Last post by Sproule)
    • To me it means that who we are is never the destination in the journey. Who I am right now can be fundamentally altered by life events. The recent birth of my son has changed me. I look at things differently so in being a father has in a way created a new person. Also in being different people in different situations allows us to deal with trauma/stress while safeguarding our mental health. We learn, we change. Who I am now is not who I am destined to be. Who I am destined to be will be dictated by the trials I face, the joys I will feel, and the knowledge I will take on.
    • Team C - 100 days of discipline (Last post by MartaLina)
    • Ow hi , its me again Day 1 sunday 21 aug: I went to my trainer in the gym , i told him how hard it was to keep up my shedule and that i wanted to lose weight in my stomach but not in my butt and boobs loll , he looked at me and started laughing , he said that as a woman in my menopause i should be realistic about my progress in the gym and that i cannot have it both, i did not know what he meant so he explained , he said , you cannot have the cookies and the food and the fat ...and the body that you want , you can have a healthier one than you have now , but you have to be realistic . He changed my schedule with the emphasis on the points that i want to approve and i have to go to the gym every other day ...but at least 3 times a week , in order to lose weight , when i am at a lower fat percentage , i can start working on my : problem areas I love the new diet by the way, still pasta , potatoes and chicken , but very little red meat and the obvious sweet crap i fill myself with. Day 2 monday , res Day 3 tuesday . very good workout and good cardio , foodwise good !
    • The Imperishable Gem (Last post by Alexandre Orion)
    • With Earth's first Clay They did the Last Man knead, And there of the Last Harvest sow'd the Seed: And the first Morning of Creation wrote What the Last Dawn of Reckoning shall read. Yesterday This Day's Madness did prepare; To-morrow's Silence, Triumph, or Despair: Drink! for you know not whence you came, nor why: Drink! for you know not why you go, nor where. ~ Omar Khayyâm

There are 131 visitors, 6 guests and 20 members online (2  in chat): Br. John, Joe, Rosalyn J, Alan, Lykeios, Rickie, Archon, Kit, Avalonslight, Namid, Jeffery Williams, Adi, Tellahane, MadHatter, Jayzn, Kyrin Wyldstar, SashaMirror, Bradyn2468, Leah Starspectre, Albekl, Sephiroth_deus, Blitz7737, Arisaig, Jutus, Massahiro, cravenflame.

Follow Us