Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

Latest Posts Comments Articles
    • Is offending a group of people always bad? (Last post by Entropist)
    • Quote: Quote: You're guilty as charged and off-topic by practice of deflection with questions. Here is what questions look like: * What was I charged with? * Who charged me? * Where is their evidence that I committed what I was charged with? * What part of the quoted post was no part of a direct and on-topic response to your respective remark or question? * What part of anything you said was not a blatant lie about my obligation towards you or about something I said? * What argument of yours have I not addressed in detail? * What argument of mine have you addressed at all? Quote: ... accusing one's opponent of "just asking questions" is a common derailment tactic and a way of poisoning the well. I hope the off-topic opportunity to learn about logical discussions is giving you some benefit because the replies are really undermining your position, and supported by the resource.
    • Why silence is often the best response to a verbal... (Last post by Entropist)
    • Quote: So you think that engaging in dialogue - which due to high emotion, would undoubtedly create even further tension - is a better solution? No. That is not a situation where reasonable discussion could be achieved. Later, when an aggressive person had calmed, sure, but not during their tirade. A loaded question is begged in the first sentence of this reply. Further tension cannot be said to be undoubtedly created, only when a retaliation is made to the verbal attack that is unjustified. Dialogue is paramount to mediation, and to synthesis a solution. During a verbal attack, there is only good reason to make efforts to de-escalate. Similarly, there is only good reason to think and meditate on these means.
    • Is belief in democracy required of a Jedi? (RELEVE... (Last post by Entropist)
    • Quote: yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy "You presumed that because a claim has been poorly argued, or a fallacy has been made, that the claim itself must be wrong. It is entirely possible to make a claim that is false yet argue with logical coherency for that claim, just as is possible to make a claim that is true and justify it with various fallacies and poor arguments." Good luck reasoning this Quote: Well in economic terms 'truth' might actually be market share!! But I agree it's not a measure to find a 'right' way, but sometimes it might be the best way for various reasons. What's the relevance of "truth", with market share, with democracy, with a Jedi? But I'm more interested in the various reasons as examples of how democracy could possibly be the best way? Especially considering the association of democracy with argument ad populum fallacy.
    • International Jedi Day - May 25th! (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • I just want to remind people that the holiday existed so they could celebrate in their own way, not take over the forum. I suggest we keep it to one thread (and I was intending to keep it in this one, honestly).
    • Very new to the Order and am wondering (Last post by Dagon)
    • Thank you all for your responses. I truly appreciate you all taking the time to pass on your knowledge. I know I still have a lot to learn but thankfully you all clearly have no problem giving help and thankfully I've learned enough humility already to ask for it. Dagon
    • The thread of self-forgiveness (Last post by Kit)
    • Oh! I forgot about this thread! Thank you I needed this today I forgive myself for sacrificing one need for a more important need. And for lacking the strength to handle them both.
    • The Grateful Thread (Last post by Snowy Aftermath)
    • Threatened to steal my boss' sweatshirt after he loaned it to me. It smelled like his cologne, which made me giddy. Someone somewhere is watching the TV show of my life and saying "well look at that, it took her 39 1/2 years, but Snowy finally learned to flirt without it having to mean something else too".
    • Virginia request (Last post by carlos.martinez3)
    • I am being taken willingly to the beach for my birthday. I will be in Virginia area any one there? out of curiosity
    • Islamic State, America, Russia and China. Let the ... (Last post by Adder)
    • Superficially, I think the problem in Russia and China is that too much 'stage-owned enterprise' has been shown historically to be unprofitable, stagnation of innovation, and leads to huge unproductive debt over time. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State-owned_enterprise While lots of things create debt, something has to be the engine of the economy. Ideally I think innovation and development represent the most useful direction of growth, so activity which promotes those things seems to fit into capitalism best at the moment.

There are 354 visitors, 6 guests and 22 members online (3  in chat): Firewolf, Joe, Darren, Kit, Nicole Judge, Avalonslight, Jamie Stick, Cabur Senaar, FTPC, Adi, PowderCat, Tellahane, Braniac2272, MadHatter, LemmyT, Braedon2011, Entropist, nidem, Snowy Aftermath, FAT, Ryder, whitelotus, CableSteele, Dagon, Armos_Taigon, mulan61.

Follow Us