Jedi Knight

More
20 Nov 2019 17:59 #345831 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Jedi Knight
Brick, can I be a Bulbasaur, pretty please? :silly:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2019 18:04 #345832 by Fyxe
Replied by Fyxe on topic Jedi Knight
Brick, yes I get that. let me ask you this though. what if the person actually did go through some training that was not on this place and got the title someplase else. Do you not count those?

I see it as jedi are sort of patterned after old world knights. if one knight from a certain castle met another knight from a different castle they still recognized each other as knights on the road. I dont think the first knight would ever go, well your not a knight because my king did not train you, or say well where are your training papers huh? how do I know you are a knight?

Its just a simbol of specific respect. if you told the other knight he was not a knight that is an insult and there would be a fight!

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.

More
20 Nov 2019 18:18 #345834 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Jedi Knight
TOTJO doesn't count those. But they are welcome to come here and demonstrate their training by completing the programmes here.

Medieval knighthood was not just a title of honour, it was an occupation. Far from anyone could ride a horse, wield a sword, or wear armor. Far from anyone could afford them either, or half-decent clothing, and far from ever commoner's speech sounded like that of a nobleman. If someone approached a castle unarmed, clothed like a merchant, talked like a farmer, and lead a donkey by the leash, unless the guards recognized them as a knight by their face, they wouldn't take it on the visitor's word that they were one on the anonymous authority of their mom, the great late Duchess of the faraway city of Ababwa, nor treat them like a knight until the castle's lord questioned the visitor's "credentials".

More
20 Nov 2019 18:23 #345835 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Jedi Knight

Fyxe wrote: Brick, yes I get that. let me ask you this though. what if the person actually did go through some training that was not on this place and got the title someplase else. Do you not count those?

I see it as jedi are sort of patterned after old world knights. if one knight from a certain castle met another knight from a different castle they still recognized each other as knights on the road. I dont think the first knight would ever go, well your not a knight because my king did not train you, or say well where are your training papers huh? how do I know you are a knight?

Its just a simbol of specific respect. if you told the other knight he was not a knight that is an insult and there would be a fight!

True. Though the second knight would claim to be a Knight of the first knight's castle if that makes sense?

Outside of TotJO, people can call themselves whatever they want. But within these virtual walls, one can only 'officially' be recognised as a Jedi Knight of they've completed the training.

We've had lots of instances in the past where Jedi Knights from other temples have created accounts here. Usually as Guests, but some have become members. Though that become members are encouraged to, and often do, undergo study here. They are treat the same as everyone else, ie member, then novice, then initiate, then apprentice etc etc.

That doesn't undo their training and accomplishments elsewhere. It simply means that they're not recognised as a Jedi Knight here. Much like how a lawyer may be able to practice law in one country, but not in another

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

More
20 Nov 2019 18:48 #345837 by Fyxe
Replied by Fyxe on topic Jedi Knight
Ahh, an important distinction I think there. the practice of the knighthood (lawyer). A lawyer is a lawyer no matter where they are if they have the credential earned. however practicing lawyering is another matter altogher! so a knight from another temple can be recognized here as a knight of the jedi but just not practice knightly stuff here?

so basically it was like a lawyer coming to a different state and asking if he could practice law here. He was told that even though he was a lawyer he was only allowed to practice lawer stuff at his own castle not this castle

Where ever you go, there you are. Make the best of it.

More
20 Nov 2019 21:35 #345844 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Jedi Knight

Fyxe wrote: Ahh, an important distinction I think there. the practice of the knighthood (lawyer). A lawyer is a lawyer no matter where they are if they have the credential earned. however practicing lawyering is another matter altogher! so a knight from another temple can be recognized here as a knight of the jedi but just not practice knightly stuff here?

so basically it was like a lawyer coming to a different state and asking if he could practice law here. He was told that even though he was a lawyer he was only allowed to practice lawer stuff at his own castle not this castle

Sure, that about sums it up from my perspective

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fyxe

More
20 Nov 2019 22:58 #345852 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Jedi Knight
Lawyers have to pass the bar for whatever jurisdiction they want to practice in.

You could be the best lawyer in the world, and still unable to practice somewhere unless you're admitted to the bar.

You're not allowed to retain the privileges and responsibilities of acting as a lawyer outside of your area(s), so they'll refer to themselves as "admitted to X, Y, Z bar" because it's almost like the title is defined by what it does...

IP Team Lead
TM: Carlos Martinez
ὁ δὲ ἀμυχηδόν νεξέταστος βίος γίγνομαι βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

More
21 Nov 2019 00:24 #345860 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Jedi Knight
In the 7 years I have been a member of Jedi communities I have only seen two Order/Academy /groups that considered matriculation with valid evidence.

What you could do is provide digital copies of your work to the degree admin. It may or may not count toward a degree
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Brick, Rex