So i guess everyone is leaving..?

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #298784 by OB1Shinobi
Not being privy to the inner sanctum, Im rather in the dark and am having to piece together random bits of journal entries.
I have come to like, respect, and in many cases admire, pretty much everyone who has regularly participated with this domain within the last two or three years. Even those of you with whom i often disagree, and even several of you with whom i almost never directly speak. I dont want to name names because theres too many, and inevitably i would miss someone. You who are reading this; please trust that you are included in that statement.

I guess this post is meant to serve a few diffierent functions: an expression of affection (and perhaps a plea for hope?) towards a community which has helped me to become a better person, an inquiry as to the current state and likely future of that apparently fractured community, a lament at the unfortunateness of the current circumstances, and a well-wishing to all of us/all of those whose paths will no longer coincide.

Is anything settled? Who is leaving? Do you know where youre going? Who remains?

For those who would care to answer, i invite you to do so here or via PM, if public discussion seems improper or ill-advised. Finally, if this post is premature and unhlepful then please feel free to tell me so and to lock or delete as you see fit.

Thanks to each of you for your incredible influence on me,
May the Force be with us all

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298786 by
Replied by on topic So i guess everyone is leaving..?
I can't speak for everyone, but since my teaching master has already shared her departure, I think it's okay to express that I share in your sentiment and how sad I am as to the events of late. I too will be making a departure, not really thinking it fair to my tm to keep her here just for me. She will be missed. I loved the temple too watching people progress and change over the past couple of years. I hope things work out for the best and that everyone finds what they're looking for. Thank you for the thread and the inquiry. This while thing makes me really sad...

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #298787 by Zenchi
A lot of us are helping Wes start his new site, it's not specific just to Jedi. Links in the sig below, Monastic Order of Knights...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, , OB1Shinobi, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298788 by
Quietly here for now. Waiting to see how things settle.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298789 by
Mmm Indeed. This is a prime example of a lack in transparency. All of us non Knights are peacing together a very incomplete puzzle and has no idea what is really going on. Oh sure. There is plenty of he said she said going around....but that's not enough for us
"Lower Class men" to make sound decisions on.

I sure would like to know exactly what went on behind the Knights doors and judge for myself how things played out...post for post.

Until such time. I can't make a clear judgment on what I myself will do beyond what I am already doing.

People know how to find me. And as always...Im here to help however I can.

Thats all I can do for now.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298790 by
many of the knights are working with others in leadership to resolve some issues. many of us are still here. if i can be off service to anyone please PM me. It has been a bit tense but we are working on fixing it.

More
6 years 7 months ago #298791 by Avalon
I'm sitting and I'm waiting.

In the mean time.... read my sig.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, OB1Shinobi, Kobos,

More
6 years 7 months ago #298792 by Amaya
Not everyone will leave unless the site itself is closed and even then you may meet them at other sites :)

I wondered myself reading journals who was going but in the end I guess its like anything, people come and go all the time, some return, some dont.
It might sound like I dont care but who is or isnt here doesnt affect my life and its in my actions I show who I am.
This here is where I truly began to see things differently and will always have a place in my soul. But, jediism is more than just here. No matter how much I respect and love this place.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #298793 by Manu
I'm still here.

I understand there are a lot of issues, but I have found that the best thing you can do in a relationship is talk things out. People are imperfect, we all make mistakes, but as long as there is a willingness to make things right, and an overall sense of empathy for one another, we can work things out.

I'm here. If you, yes you reading this, ever feel the need to talk to someone, my PM is available.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #298795 by
I'm pleased to say we are in good talks currently and with spirits of compromise and camaraderie. We will have more soon.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi