Membership Application down

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #293983 by
The membership application part of the website says it is down for maintenance, and any applications submitted would be lost. Is there any way to apply in the meantime? If not, when will it be back up?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #293984 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Membership Application down
No there is no other way to apply. However there is nothing stopping you from doing anything else on the forum in the meantime, the only thing your won't be able to do is post in the jediiism forum.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #293985 by
Replied by on topic Membership Application down
There's actually other parts of the forum that I wouldn't even be able to view without being a member.

Also, since I can't pay in the Jediism forum, any discussions about Jediism that Is want to partake in would be inaccessible, and is I posted one, it's bee in the weekend section.

And there's still the question of when it'll be back up? And for that matter, why wasn't it announced?

More
6 years 8 months ago #293986 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Membership Application down
You can still access most of the discussion threads Nami, particularly as quite a lot of 'Jediism' discussions end up getting posted in the 'Open Discussion' threads anyway.

Ren is probably the best person to speak to regarding when it will be back up and running, as he is most likely the one working tirelessly behind the scenes to get it working again.

Though to be fair, even if the application system wasn't down, it could still take a week or two before you became a member anyway.

Please try and be patient and we'll get everything up and running again as soon as we can.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

More
6 years 8 months ago #293987 by Edan

Nami wrote: There's actually other parts of the forum that I wouldn't even be able to view without being a member.

Also, since I can't pay in the Jediism forum, any discussions about Jediism that Is want to partake in would be inaccessible, and is I posted one, it's bee in the weekend section.

And there's still the question of when it'll be back up? And for that matter, why wasn't it announced?

Apart from rank related forums (apprentice, knight) there are no forums you cannot see.

The application has actually been down a while but nobody noticed, so even had you applied you wouldn't have got membership. Unfortunately the best we can say is that it'll be done when it's done.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #293988 by
That's precisely why I'm wondering. There's be a week or two wait after the application is even submitted for me to become a member.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #293989 by

Edan wrote:

Nami wrote: There's actually other parts of the forum that I wouldn't even be able to view without being a member.

Apart from rank related forums (apprentice, knight) there are no forums you cannot see.

The application has actually been down a while but nobody noticed, so even had you applied you wouldn't have got membership. Unfortunately the best we can say is that it'll be done when it's done.

It hasn't been down that long as I've been a'guest' for a little over week. And if it had been down a while, that worries me.

More
6 years 8 months ago #293990 by Edan

Nami wrote:

Edan wrote:

It hasn't been down that long as I've been a'guest' for a little over week. And if it had been down a while, that worries me.

It has as I reapplied for membership myself which is how it was confirmed as having issues.

The review of applications can take two weeks, so being a guest a week is quite normal. Due to changes in council one person is doing other work on top of reviewing applications so patience is needed while they fix things and get through backlog.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #293991 by
How about we wait for Ren or someone else who knows what's going on to answer to this thread. :)

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #293992 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Membership Application down
Unfortunately, this current format of the site is still a very new one for us Nami and it is entirely propped up by one or two members with the technical knowledge to run it, these members do this entirely voluntarily in their own-time. Whilst this is great for us as it saves a significant amount of money that we simply do not have, it does mean that processes are often a bit slower than we'd like them to be.

As Edan says, you do already have access to pretty much every forum you need, and you do have full access to the IP materials (I see you've already started your journal), so you're not really missing out on anything.

All we can really do is ask for your patience

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Brick.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi