My journey so far.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262529 by
My journey so far. was created by
Greetings,

I have long thought of myself as a jedi. Obviously not in the fictional since that we see wielding lightsabers in the films, but in the aspect that the teachings of the Jedi way are very similar to what Jesus taught in the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John.

I was an atheist after the death of my father, and refused to believe in a higher power. A few years ago I converted to Christianity, only because I have studied religion and philosophy extensively throughout college. However, I am not a Christian in the ways that most Christian's are depicted. I do not, and have never called myself a Christian because of how tainted the term has become due to the actions that most Christians make day in and day out. It is my opinion, that most Christians are false Christians. They claim to know the Lord but do not act as if they do.

A prime example is their mistreatment of those with a homosexual orientation. Jesus teaches us to love our neighbor, which means that we are to love everyone, yet they seem to show no love for these people. Another example is how Christians are front and center for judging others, when Jesus tought us that "...he who has no sin shall cast the first stone". Back in the time of the Roman Empire, stoning of those who had committed a crime was very common. However Jesus challenged this by making it so that we cannot judge others for their sin because we are also full of it.

The point I'm getting to is that Christianity, true selfless Christianity, that is about spreading love, is very similar to the ways of the Jedi. What I want to know is, can the Jedi teachings co-exist with that of what Jesus taught? To me I have always viewed the force as the Lord and vice versa. I do believe in the resurrected son of man, but I do not follow the same path of those who also claim to do so in this age. I am true follower of the Lord. I am here to spread His love. I am a Jedi.

Is this acceptable?

Thank You,

May the Force be with you.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #262530 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic My journey so far.
Can you be Christian and Jedi? Yes. So far I have found no problem with it and I have been practicing both for nearly five years

My PM box is open if you have questions :)

Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262536 by
Replied by on topic My journey so far.
Hello BlackGoku!

Welcome to the Temple. :)

Although I'm not a Christian myself, I identify with a lot of your thoughts. It's all about loving and caring for each other, and that is what a Jedi seek too, isn't it? ^^

May the Force be with you.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262559 by
^^ Thank you, I appreciate both of you for taking the time to reply back and for helping me to find my answer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262560 by
Hey there BlackGoku!

First off, nice name. I derived mine from Goku as well. (went for a mix of Goku and Goten).

As to your questions, I concur with Ros and Aino. I believe that you are right in that the true teachings of Christ are about love and that is in no way a conflict with the Jedi way.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #262587 by
i think that what you describe is a big probkem with "christianity". most of the people wich call themself christian dont act with love and compassion. i dont like to call myself christian because of that as well, though i have jesus christ as a role model in mind.

spread love and light, whatever you call yourself, or what others call you brother :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #262734 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic My journey so far.
Syncritsm is the word that many Look for. On your path you will Hear this group has it or that group. true syncritism Can live in many denominations and sects. Its the people that have a hard time with the consent. As you seek you will see a lot of contradictions. Its human nature to focus on the bad a lot of the times. We don't have to. This path we choose can be in limitless! The human potential is in every one. Every one! Every possibility. Every heart here has choices, their own. I will never tell you what to do or say, aint the Jedi way lol I can encourage you to keep on. Like me , you WILL find your own path. Pm if u ever need. We are not a
Alone in this temple!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi