Public
7 years 7 months ago #253518 by
Replied by on topic sith/jedi
Good idea.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253527 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic sith/jedi

OB1Shinobi wrote: i think it would be easiest for everyone if there were a topic that discussed sith and darks side that was sticky'd somewhere so that new people can read it rather than opening a new thread

then people wouldnt have to repeat themselves every few months

Back in the olden days we had a whole section based on Sithism and the fifth rite, it went the way of the dinosaurs. Well...dinosaurs actually evolved into birds, this didnt evolve into anything, lol it was "archived." There wasn't enough activity to warrent keeping it...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #253533 by
So when a thread like this pops up, would it be possible to just link to that archived thread? I'm curious as well about what "Sith" might be as it relates to real life. This site goes pretty in-depth in what the community believes a rl Jedi is. In the movies/books (aka myths), Sith is pretty clear as being selfish, backstabbing, power-hungry, racist/speciest, and with no regard to the lives or welfare of others if they don't directly benefit the self in some way. If THAT is what people are identifying with, then maybe we should talk? I mean, as long as rl "Sith" aren't killing others at the rate mythological Sith kill each other, then I guess that's one way to live your life. But Sith (mythological) in general tend to be very close-minded, and likely wouldn't enjoy a site that fosters open communication, discussion, and acceptance of others such as this one does.

More
7 years 7 months ago #253534 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic sith/jedi

Jutus wrote: So when a thread like this pops up, would it be possible to just link to that archived thread?

There's always the search function.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #253535 by

Jutus wrote: Sith (mythological) in general tend to be very close-minded

And fictional Jedi tend to be equanimous, compassionate and thoughtful. Sadly (speaking especially of my own behaviour), we tend to fall short of that. Some of us don't even aspire toward those lofty goals. Can't imagine why "real life" Sith should be expected to be anything like the fictional ones.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253539 by

Adi wrote:

And fictional Jedi tend to be equanimous, compassionate and thoughtful. Sadly (speaking especially of my own behaviour), we tend to fall short of that. Some of us don't even aspire toward those lofty goals. Can't imagine why "real life" Sith should be expected to be anything like the fictional ones.

Honestly, I feel like that's kind of the whole point of this site. At least for those that start the IP and become "Jedi" rather than just guests who are here for discussion purposes (nothing wrong with that, of course). We (the non-guests and those who have applied to be non-guests) aspire to those ideals, even if we do fall short of them. But the idea of a person aspiring to the ideals of a Sith as I described makes me a little nervous. Like, if I want to be more equanimous, compassionate, and thoughtful, most people would say that's a noble goal. But if I were to say that I want to be more close-minded, backstabbing, and power-hungry, most people might decide to keep their distance and wonder about my lifestyle choices. Personally, I don't know anyone irl who aspires to the Sith values I described (though I know plenty that live up to them...they just deny it, because whether they're aware or not, they're definitely not proud of the values they're exhibiting).
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #253540 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic sith/jedi

Jutus wrote:

Adi wrote:

Honestly, I feel like that's kind of the whole point of this site. At least for those that start the IP and become "Jedi" rather than just guests who are here for discussion purposes (nothing wrong with that, of course). We (the non-guests and those who have applied to be non-guests) aspire to those ideals, even if we do fall short of them. But the idea of a person aspiring to the ideals of a Sith as I described makes me a little nervous. Like, if I want to be more equanimous, compassionate, and thoughtful, most people would say that's a noble goal. But if I were to say that I want to be more close-minded, backstabbing, and power-hungry, most people might decide to keep their distance and wonder about my lifestyle choices. Personally, I don't know anyone irl who aspires to the Sith values I described (though I know plenty that live up to them...they just deny it, because whether they're aware or not, they're definitely not proud of the values they're exhibiting).

Some old fart once said "Jedi ain't saints, and Sith ain't sinners," or something to that effect...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi