Confession

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1562 by
Confession was created by
The Sacrament of Confession of The Order and Jediism is sacred. No Minister of Jediism may reveal knowledge of past actions.

This DOES NOT apply to Future actions like a threat or belief that a person may be a danger to themselves or others.

I've got Texas. Ministers from other states please post your law.

Br. John

Texas Rules of Evidence [Excerpt]

http://www.courts.state.tx.us/publicinfo/TRE/Toc.htm

This is not a substitute for the advice of a licensed attorney.

Rule 505. COMMUNICATIONS TO MEMBERS OF THE CLERGY

(a) Definitions. As used in this rule:

(1) A \"member of the clergy\" is a minister, priest, rabbi, accredited Christian Science Practitioner, or other similar functionary of a religious organization or an individual reasonably believed so to be by the person consulting with such individual.

(2) A communication is \"confidential\" if made privately and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the purpose of the communication.

(b) General rule of privilege. A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose and to prevent another from disclosing a confidential communication by the person to a member of the clergy in the member’s professional character as a spiritual adviser.

(c) Who May Claim the Privilege. The privilege may be claimed by the person, by the person’s guardian or conservator, or by his personal representative if the person is deceased. The member of the clergy to whom the communication was made is presumed to have the authority to claim the privilege but only in behalf of the communicant.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1563 by
Replied by on topic Re:Confession
Nebraska

Section 27-506
Rule 506. Communications to clergyman; definitions; general rule of privilege; who may claim privilege.

(1) As used in this rule:

(a) A clergyman is a minister, priest, rabbi, or other similar functionary of a religious organization, or an individual reasonably believed so to be by the person consulting him; and

(b) A communication is confidential if made privately and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the purpose of the communication.

(2) A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose and to prevent another from disclosing a confidential communication by the person to a clergyman in his professional character as spiritual advisor.

(3) The privilege may be claimed by the person, by his guardian or conservator, or by his personal representative if he is deceased. The clergyman may claim the privilege on behalf of the person. His authority so to do is presumed in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 10 months ago #1843 by
Replied by on topic Re:Confession
Washington State

Revised Code of Washington (RCW)

RCW 26.44.020
Definitions.
(11) \"Clergy\" means any regularly licensed or ordained minister, priest, or rabbi of any church or religious denomination, whether acting in an individual capacity or as an employee or agent of any public or private organization or institution.

RCW 9.73.095
Intercepting, recording, or divulging offender conversations -- Conditions -- Notice.
(4) So as to safeguard the sanctity of the attorney-client privilege, the department of corrections shall not intercept, record, or divulge any conversation between an offender or resident and an attorney. The department shall develop policies and procedures to implement this section. The department's policies and procedures implemented under this section shall also recognize the privileged nature of confessions made by an offender to a member of the clergy or a priest in his or her professional character, in the course of discipline enjoined by the church to which he or she belongs as provided in RCW 5.60.060(3).

RCW 5.60.060
Who are disqualified -- Privileged communications.
(3) A member of the clergy or a priest shall not, without the consent of a person making the confession, be examined as to any confession made to him or her in his or her professional character, in the course of discipline enjoined by the church to which he or she belongs.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #5461 by
bump

JHP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6192 by
i think maybe we can put the rules in a form of book, for all cleargy to have, so no one can say i dont know. what do you all think about that?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6195 by
DAN wrote:

i think maybe we can put the rules in a form of book, for all cleargy to have, so no one can say i dont know. what do you all think about that?

Sounds Tedious. Are you volunteering?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #6234 by
if everyone will send me there states laws i will bring it all together.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301017 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Confession
Can we revise and re vamp this to add to our existing active? Pastor ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #301028 by
Replied by on topic Confession

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Can we revise and re vamp this to add to our existing active? Pastor ?

I think one of the reasons this went to the back burner is because discovering this information for oneself, applicable to one's home jurisdiction, is now part of the Seminary curriculum. As interesting as I might find it, it's difficult for me to see a practical need for knowing the confidentiality and privilege laws of fifty states and dozens of nations. But YMMV.

More
6 years 6 months ago #301035 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Confession
Be neat to see if , how they change from time to time as in when my son becomes a clergy member he can look back and see what the process was n so forth back in the Stone Age jk . I find those type of things Kinna cool. Be well and thanks for the update ! May the Force we share be with you always! Thank you

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi