The Force in Christianity

More
7 years 2 months ago #273577 by Alethea Thompson
From MY personal prospective. I thought to put this under the Force Realists TV thread, but since it is very specific to a theology, I figured I'd put it into the relevant discussion board :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi6ljdZVoGU

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273581 by
Replied by on topic The Force in Christianity
So in other words you believe in the "Gifts of the spirit." ?
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273582 by steamboat28
No, because that would imply these come directly from the Spirit in a personal way, rather than being part of the universe G-d designed. To many of us, the idea that "the Force" is the Spirit is outright blasphemy.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by steamboat28.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273584 by
I was asking Ally :)

More
7 years 2 months ago #273592 by Alethea Thompson
I believe in spiritual gifts such as miracles, prophecy and the like. I believe that the Holy Spirit can open you up to more gifts, but that we are always granted at least one gift to begin with. I don't believe that they are gifts OF the spirit, but FROM the spirit.

Kind of like...

If I give you a gift for your birthday. I'm giving you a gift, but the gift isn't me. I'm giving it you to you based on something that exists outside of me. Even if I made it, it's not me, it's only from me with a lot more effort than if I just went to a store and bought something.

But yes, I do believe that spiritual gifts spoken of in the Bible do exist. I just disagree on the nature of it being us using the Holy Spirit to perform the feats. Certainly, if we ask God and we are sincere in our walk with God, then the prayer is enhanced and delivered by God's hand. This is also why God, in the Christian faith, should always be given the credit for the results of the spiritual gifts. It is an acknowledgement that not only is God giving His full attention to a situation, but it also let's go of our personal ego, acknowledging that only because of God do we have the gifts in the first place.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273594 by
As I understood it. Gifts of the Spirit are not something you use so much as you allow god to use you to perform said gift. Taking your Moses example, Moses received "Gifts of the spirit" (Spirit = God) by acting as a vessel for Gods power. In other words, Moses didn't use the gifts as tools rather God used Moses to direct the power and this experience of being a vessel to Gods will is the "Gift"

What I am asking is....Do you believe that "The Force" = "Gift of the Spirit" or are they two entirely different things?

More
7 years 2 months ago #273598 by Alethea Thompson
In this context, then the answer is no.

Well, mostly.

I believe that God uses the same system. Uhg, I'll use the example:

The Matrix. Everything in it is the Force, if we eliminate the outside and just say everything is contained in the Matrix, then the Architect and Oracle (since they work together) would essentially be God. They have the greatest capability to work with everything, and they can limit the capabilities of the people if they want to.

Now the question that is left is which came first: God or the Force?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273629 by
haha!! Love the Matrix XD However I recall the Oracle slightly differently, but back in the day I was more "Philosophically Sound" than i might be today XD

As I remember it, from watching ALL the matrix movies (not just the first) The Oracle was the Matrix itself manifested in a form that Neo and others could better understand. The two elements were one and the same, just the Matrix taking a construct of itself and molding it in a manner best for communication. Kind of like.....me taking part of my flesh and making it into a puppet XD Which sounds painful XD haha

So in that theory....one could say The Matrix is first :-p

More
7 years 2 months ago #273667 by Alethea Thompson
XD I can't seem to figure out a better analogy. lol. But that's not exactly perfect either XD. It's just the best I can relate it to in something that people can understand. lmao.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #273670 by Carlos.Martinez3
That's a great way to look at it. Good stuff. One of MANY ideas about Christianity and Jedinism. Thank u for your side. Very valid! Remember there are many Jedi, Christan non who have difrent ways too.thsa k u for sharing your interpretation . ! That k u for sharing your your Jedi ism with me it is a part of my Jedi ism as much as mine is. Thank u !
Thank u for the Force in your Christianity

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi