Abrahamic Jedi Sign In

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #234736 by
Abrahamic Jedi Sign In was created by
Recently (as in the past 6 months) I have found myself returning to my original religious affiliation as a Christian. Nowadays, I view myself as a Red Letter Christian in a sense. Beside the point for the moment.

I was curious to know who here (currently, active) is a practicing (not just attending) member of an Abrahamic community of faith? Judaism, Satanism, Quakerism, Christianity, etc. I'm putting together a Bible study for the Christian Jedi group, but I am wondering what the interest here might be to post it for discussion (there's no teachings, just Biblical quotations with some commentary and resources and then discussion).

Sign in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #234756 by
Replied by on topic Abrahamic Jedi Sign In
i will go i do not attend church but i belong to one and practice :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #234759 by
I did not know that about you! What kind of practice do you have?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #234761 by
you did not know because you did not ask lol

More
8 years 1 week ago #234774 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Abrahamic Jedi Sign In
I'm interested, but just curious how you intend to incorporate your "Red Letter Christianity" into Abrahamic religions as a whole especially in the light of Jedi syncretism. As I understand it, "Red Letter Christianity" only sees the words of Jesus as doctrine, which tends to speciate it from many other Abrahamic offshoots (particularly satanism, which I in practice have seen as very heavily pagan-influenced). My curiousity is piqued regardless

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 week ago #234798 by
The red letters hold very strong influence on me, though much of my old faith is gone. I now associate closer to Buddhism.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 days ago #234889 by
I have not attended church in many years and take issue with certain parts of the Bible and some groups tendency to take it literally, but I was raised Baptist and still, to a degree, hold on to the idea of there being a God. Also I just find the idea of a more in depth Jedi look at the Bible to be an interesting idea. Kind of like tzb's Jedi Reading of the Tao Te Ching.

More
8 years 6 days ago - 8 years 6 days ago #234890 by Carlos.Martinez3
My alma mater!
Graduated in 2000

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 6 days ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 days ago #234982 by

Rex wrote: I'm interested, but just curious how you intend to incorporate your "Red Letter Christianity" into Abrahamic religions as a whole especially in the light of Jedi syncretism. As I understand it, "Red Letter Christianity" only sees the words of Jesus as doctrine, which tends to speciate it from many other Abrahamic offshoots (particularly satanism, which I in practice have seen as very heavily pagan-influenced). My curiousity is piqued regardless

Yes, I believe that only the words of Jesus are necessary. (for my life, anyway). However, I do take some inspiration from the rest of the bible and other beliefs. I find that most of what else is written in the bible is NOT timeless (so doesn't appeal to the context of modern life) and is NOT to be trusted (mostly Paul).

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
8 years 5 days ago #235137 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Abrahamic Jedi Sign In
This always gets my attention.... Personally I dislike the context wording of "Red Letter Christianity". I understand it's meaning and have dealt with it on a personal level when it comes to the View of only Jesus's teachings.

As for Connor L.'s item....

Recently (as in the past 6 months) I have found myself returning to my original religious affiliation as a Christian. Nowadays, I view myself as a Red Letter Christian in a sense. Beside the point for the moment.

I was curious to know who here (currently, active) is a practicing (not just attending) member of an Abrahamic community of faith? Judaism, Satanism, Quakerism, Christianity, etc. I'm putting together a Bible study for the Christian Jedi group, but I am wondering what the interest here might be to post it for discussion (there's no teachings, just Biblical quotations with some commentary and resources and then discussion).

I have to stop this here.... If one wants to have a Bible Study Group is one thing, something maybe in a Chat etc... But I will take the idea to the council for review as to how it should go..... We've been down this road years ago with a great backfire....

The Rite was never intended to be one view or another, but a joined group of Thought.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi