[Closed] Assistant Pastor for the Seminary

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #287874 by Rosalyn J
Good Timezone,

The Synod is looking for the right person to fill the post of Assistant Pastor for the Seminary. The description is as follows:

Directly Reports to: Pastor
Team Lead for: Seminary Engagement Team
Responsibilities include:
● Ensuring the successful completion and documentation of all studies and projects
required for the various clerical ranks of the Temple of the Jedi Order.
● Together with their team, facilitating round table discussions on various topics related to
Seminary studies
● Maintaining regular contact with Seminarians actively studying
● Reporting to the Pastor any individuals ready for promotion
● Other duties assigned and related to the Office.

He or she will also oversee the Seminary Engagement Team:

Seminary Engagement Team
Direct Report: Assistant Pastor for the Seminary
Responsibilities include:
● Assist the Assistant Pastor for the Seminary in the discharge of their duties by
○ Maintaining regular contact with a set number of individuals actively studying
seminary
○ Reading and responding to write ups by seminarians, offering suggestions and
praise on work that is well done.
○ Facilitating roundtable discussions on various topics related to ministry and study
○ Assisting seminarians in their various ministry related projects
○ Other duties assigned and related to the team

Requirements:
-Interested persons must be ordained and need to have completed the most current form of Seminary
-All interested parties please follow this link: https://goo.gl/forms/kupiy8gTa3mZHcjC3 to a small Candidacy form.
-All forms must be in by 24 June 18:00 utc

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Rosalyn J.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #288062 by Rosalyn J
Bump

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 9 months ago #288068 by Rosalyn J
Please note that the process has changed. Please see the OP for instructions

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 9 months ago #288276 by Rosalyn J
Good morning

In my first meeting as Pastor I said the following

15:42:41] Rosalyn Johnson: Ladies and Gentlemen
[15:42:46] Rosalyn Johnson: I need to be frank
[15:43:22] Alexandre Orion: 'franche'
[15:43:24] Alexandre Orion: ;)
[15:43:26] Rosalyn Johnson: the two positions which will be left vacant are not things someone can just volunteer for
[15:43:28] Rosalyn Johnson: ok?
[15:43:48] Rosalyn Johnson: A certain level of grit is required in these roles
[15:44:20] Rosalyn Johnson: because you know what? Those two people will have excecutive power to direct the clergy in my absence
[15:44:40] Rosalyn Johnson: its really important that the right people for those jobs be found
[15:44:44] Rosalyn Johnson: another thing
[15:45:02] Rosalyn Johnson: As Pastor, I would be the person in charge of the vision for the clergy
[15:45:48] Rosalyn Johnson: but, I need a group of people who will make that vision plain
[15:45:53] Rosalyn Johnson: does it make sense?
[15:46:19] Rosalyn Johnson: I hope you don't mind if I say this, but I am not in any particular rush to fill those two spots

I stand by my statement that this position is important. I know what I need here. If strong candidates for this position are not found, I will postpone the election. It will mean functioning as we have been, but its better than appointing someone just because they've shown up. Historically that has been bad form. I don't wish to repeat it. I really need someone excellent here and I am prepared to wait untill excellence shows itself

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 9 months ago #288414 by Rosalyn J
So far no applicants here. This is a really important position and you only have one day left to submit your candidacy form

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 9 months ago #288517 by Rosalyn J
The Candidacy period has closed for this position. No candidates applied. Because I believe Seminary is important, I will be heading up the Seminary Engagement team myself until a suitable candidate is found. Where I need the most help is keeping up with journals and seminarians as they work through the program. So, I am sending out an announcement that anyone who is LM and above may PM me directly if they would like to assist here. I will need between 3 and 4 individuals.

Thanks
Ros

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi