Firewolf wrote: Just trying to focus the conversation was all

I was agreeing with you.

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292018 by
I know John lol ;) I apreciate your tracking all this and the updates same to Rosalyn

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292019 by

Rosalyn J wrote: The reason why I'm suggesting TM nominate their Apprentice for the seat is because if there's any level of unreadiness there's likely to be a confrontation that is not necessary. If an apprentice is nominated by others and the teaching Master says no what is likely to be the outcome of that?

And what if the apprentice has no training master to nominate them? My case in point. I dont have a TM and I say if it's not 100 percent unanimous by the current apprentices that the apprentice appointment is voted on by apprentices only then it's a nonstarter.

I for one do not like the idea that an apprentice needs to be appointed by a TM nor do I support the idea that the apprentice appointee must be voted on by apprentices only. My opinion is that if we are all to be given equal voice in this decision that should seriously curb these motions.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292022 by

More
6 years 8 months ago #292024 by Rosalyn J
I'm getting ballots in my box, but I dont know that there is a consensus

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 8 months ago #292026 by Rosalyn J
Voting is open

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 8 months ago #292030 by Rosalyn J
Only knights can vote

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #292032 by Avalon
The whole issue is moot at the moment. Some apprentices feel the stronger voice for an apprentice nominee should come from the apprentices themselves. Others don't see an issue one way or the other. But until the knights are selected and begin talking amongst themselves, it doesn't matter.

I did see a recommendation a way back. If I understood it correctly, it was that the apprentices do the voting and then the final nominee is selected by the knights from the top 2-3. This not only would let the apprentices participate more thoroughly in the process beyond simply nominating our peers, it would let those apprentices discuss with their TMs if it's a wise decision at this point in their training. For the rare exception, perhaps a "sponsor knight" could take the place of a TM if it comes to it? That seems like a good blend of what everyone's been suggesting up... I would still say those final nominee should be selected/nominated amongst the apprentices first though. But that's just me. I would prefer to find a middle ground that can be agreed upon by all.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
6 years 8 months ago #292033 by Rosalyn J
We'll look at all the suggestions for apprentices once we get the knights sorted

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi