Copy of Post in the Knight's Forum: Election of Knights as Advisory Council

More
6 years 9 months ago #291974 by Leah Starspectre

Zenchi wrote:

steamboat28 wrote: Can I be "that guy" and ask that the Apprentice position be voted on by mostly, if not only, apprentices? If they're going to have an official advisory voice, I'd love for them to be able to choose it themselves.

Personally speaking, I'm looking forward to voting on apprentices, IF we decide we are In fact going through with the idea...

I have no issues with the vote being decided by the knights, as I believe the apprentice advisor is just a voice from the apprentice level, as opposed to representing the apprentices as a whole.

But if people feel very strongly about it, why don't the apprentices confer about, say, the top 2 or 3 as voted by the knights?
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291976 by MadHatter
Honestly, we have input as is indicated by the fact that the Knights have the primary input. That means everyone else's input is taken into account. So frankly I think it's fine as it is. No need to delay or complicate things any further. I mean I agree with Leah that this is not necessarily a voice for the Apprentices as a group but a viewpoint of the Apprentice level on the board.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by MadHatter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Zenchi, Leah Starspectre

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291981 by Avalon
I also have no issues with the knights being the decision makers. I was merely stating, perhaps in poor wording, that if the knights are going to be the final decision makers for their level, it would be nice for the apprentices to get that same option when picking one of our own rank. But if the knights decide that they want to be the ones who make the decision, then that's fine too. *shrugs*

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Avalon.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291983 by steamboat28
Allow me to rephrase: If you are unwilling to listen to the input of the apprentices on a council "member" of their rank, what trust should we have that you'll listen to an apprentice as an advisor?
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
6 years 9 months ago #291986 by Rosalyn J
So long as the individual apprentices are nominated by their Masters I personally have no problem letting the apprentices choose their own rep

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 9 months ago #291987 by steamboat28

More
6 years 9 months ago #291988 by MadHatter

steamboat28 wrote: Allow me to rephrase: If you are unwilling to listen to the input of the apprentices on a council "member" of their rank, what trust should we have that you'll listen to an apprentice as an advisor?

The thing is they are listening to us. Primary does not mean sole input. It just means main. The Knights and Council generally take the input given on most topics and then debate it and vote. Its no different here. Further if they did not wish to listen to an Apprentice they would not even invite one to the board. There was no need to do that. So I take it as a good faith gesture of openness.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #291989 by Rosalyn J
Because a TM is responsible during the apprenticeship for the learning and progress of the apprentice.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
6 years 9 months ago #291990 by Leah Starspectre

steamboat28 wrote: Allow me to rephrase: If you are unwilling to listen to the input of the apprentices on a council "member" of their rank, what trust should we have that you'll listen to an apprentice as an advisor?

I suppose it should be clarified, then, if the apprentice advisor is meant to represent the apprentices as a whole or just be a single vice amongst many potential voices.

Also, are you speaking for all apprentices when you say that the input of the apprentices isn't being listened to?

More
6 years 9 months ago #291991 by steamboat28

MadHatter wrote: The thing is they are listening to us. Primary does not mean sole input. It just means main. The Knights and Council generally take the input given on most topics and then debate it and vote. Its no different here. Further if they did not wish to listen to an Apprentice they would not even invite one to the board. There was no need to do that. So I take it as a good faith gesture of openness.

I'm not saying it isn't progress. I'm just saying that I'm sure that apprentices would like to have a pretty confident say in who speaks for them as a Council advisor. Because, no matter what we want to call it at this point, it's a safe assumption that's what it'll turn into.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi