• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291671 by Br. John
Among yourselves please elect four knights and / or senior knights to be advisory members of The Council. The Council may also select one or more. Advisory Members of The Council have the same rights, abilities and privileges as Voting Members but they are not counted in calculating a majority and their votes are advisory. They may make motions, proposals, debate the issues and make advisory votes. Other than obviously confidential information (such as an unresolved complaint) they are free to discuss what's going on. All the choices should not have had the same training master. Perspective.

While sometimes things get exciting, many times watching the grass grow is much more interesting.

We also want one apprentice. It's up to the college of knights to decide if they'll pick the apprentice or if they'll have the apprentices pick from themselves.

The Councillor badge will go in the Advisory Member's signature.

Technically it would be Adder's job to post this but I'm saving him the trouble and want this know ASAP.

Sort this out yourselves. Elect a chair of elections or do it however you like.

Voting (Knights and Above ONLY)

How and when to vote. Dates and time are UTC https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc

From Friday July 28, 2017 00:00:00 through Sunday July 30, 2017 23:59:59 you may vote. The vote must be in a PM sent to Br. John, Ren and Rosalyn J . Best to make us all friends or contacts in the PM system or you will not be able to send the PM to all three of us at once. It's one PM sent to three people. Not separate PM's. Each of us will calculate the votes then compare our numbers to make sure of accuracy and validity.

The subject should be VOTE and you'll list your four choices. You may vote for yourself (there's nothing wrong with that). You may vote for any knight or senior knight even if they are not nominated (a write in vote).

We don't know who will select the apprentice. We'll probably have a conference with all knights with apprentices and work it out. We will let you know as soon as we know.

Questions?

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Alexandre Orion, Avalon, Breeze el Tierno and 6 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #291739 by Loudzoo
Couple of questions if I may:

Is it envisioned that Advisory Council Members will have fixed, or indefinite terms in the role?

Will it be possible for Advisory Council Members to become Voting Council Members?

If the chosen Apprentice gets knighted do they cease to have that Advisory Council Member Role?

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, MadHatter

More
6 years 8 months ago #291750 by MadHatter
The two Apprentices I would suggest for the list are Leah Starspectre or Arisaig

As far as Knights: Kit, ZenChi, V-Tog, FireWolf, and tzb would all be people I would nominate.

Some questions I would like to ask are the exact same questions that Loudzoo asked:

Will the Advisory Council Members have fixed, or indefinite terms in the role?

Can the Advisory Council Members become Voting Council Members?

If the chosen Apprentice gets knighted do they cease to have that Advisory Council Member Role?

If the member moves into a voting office in the Council will this open a new spot for an advisory member?

Would you consider TWO apprentices as advisory members?

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Avalon, Zenchi, Leah Starspectre

• Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
6 years 8 months ago #291751 by Br. John

Loudzoo wrote: Couple of questions if I may:

Is it envisioned that Advisory Council Members will have fixed, or indefinite terms in the role?

Will it be possible for Advisory Council Members to become Voting Council Members?

Thank you for asking

The terms are indefinite.

It is possible, and probable, that at least some Advisory Council Members will become Voting Council Members.

If the Apprentice Member becomes a Knight they stay and we get a new Apprentice Member.

Without getting to ahead of things there's something we hope will happen, and expect to happen, as everyone gains experience and learns a bit of non-profit corporation law etc. We're going to have formal standing Committees that make decisions over specific aspects in the ongoing business and management of The Order. Members of these committees all have votes even if they don't have a vote in The Council. And the great thing about that is a committee may include a member or two who are not on The Council. More Members will have an opportunity to take part in aspects of management and gain experience in various areas.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Avalon, Loudzoo and 4 other people also said thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291755 by
Thank you for the nomination hatter as an apprentice member I think you hatter would be great you are fair and wise and I nominate you.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291765 by Avalon
This idea sounds like it has the potential to bring about good things for the temple, particularly the committees idea. That also has the potential, I feel, to help lighten the load on the council, which can help them be more present amongst the rest of the site. I'll definitely be interested in seeing this go into practice.

(Edit: oh and if this is a call for membership nominations, I'd like to add Senan to Hatter's list and second Leah and Ari ;) )

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Zenchi

More
6 years 8 months ago #291767 by steamboat28
My thought is that this is amazing for transparency. It won't require any extra effort on the Council's part that I can see, but the ability to discuss what's going on inside council with visible representatives will be amazing for showing what's up in there. (Again, nobody thinks the Council is really doing anything shady, we just wanna know what's goin' on, y'know?)

More
6 years 8 months ago #291773 by J. K. Barger
Are we nominating first, and then voting?

If so, is there a running nominations list?

The Force is with you, always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #291774 by

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #291776 by
Current Nominees to represent Knights in no particular order (4 positions available):

Kit
Tzb
JLSpinner
Firewolf
Adder
Senan
Zenchi
Vtog
Phortis Nespin
Karn

I'll update this list on this post as we go. Respond to this thread with additional nominations. All Temple members are welcome to comment. We'll take it to a vote among Knights after appropriate time for response has passed.

Current Nominees to represent Apprentices (1 position available):

Leah Starspectre
Reacher
MadHatter
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by . Reason: Added Apprentices

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi