My resignation as Pastor

More
6 years 11 months ago #281875 by Breeze el Tierno
Good Morning.

With this message, I give formal notice that I must give up the office of the Pastor and my seat on the Council of the Temple of the Jedi Order.

Recent changes in my family life have left me, daily, with a choice between being a present father to my son and serving the Temple as Pastor. I hope you will understand if I must choose my son every time. The result of this is that I am unable to be effective in my role as Pastor. It is unfair to make anyone in the Temple suffer for the choices that I must make as a father, so I must make way for someone able to do what I now cannot.

I will honor my responsibilities as Pastor and Councilor until an appropriate person is chosen to take on the role. I will, of course, surrender the rank of Bishop once the next Pastor is chosen. I am not giving up my vows as a clergy person, but I have only earned the rank of Deacon. I had hoped to earn my Bishop rank retroactively through service, but that is not to be.

I have no intention of leaving the Temple, nor of breaking my commitment to my apprentices, but the practical concerns of my life demand that I reduce my role in the Temple at this time. Serving the Temple at my son’s expense would make me the worst example of a false, internet Jedi.

I apologize to everyone who I am disappointing with this action. I do not take this action lightly or without thought to the consequences to those who serve with me. I know that these drastic changes always leave some upheaval and disarray in their wake, and I apologize for that. My hope is that the Pastor to come will be better than the ineffective Pastor I am right now. If only for this short time, it has been my profound honor to serve.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Manu, J_Roz, , Eleven, Wescli Wardest, Proteus and 23 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281878 by
Replied by on topic My resignation as Pastor
Thank you for your service, brother.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281879 by
Children are a demanding role to any parent ^_^ A blessed, love - hate relationship that calls for a great many sacrifice and just another Jedi Trial to embrace. Love that boy of yours!! Hope to see you and yours at a gathering in the future!

More
6 years 11 months ago #281881 by Alethea Thompson
Life takes priority :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
6 years 11 months ago #281883 by Cyan Sarden
Thank you for commitment and your guidance Cabur - as others have already said: life comes first and as a father myself, I know there's nothing more important in life than the kids' wellbeing.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 11 months ago #281884 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic My resignation as Pastor
Thank you for everything you've done, and everything you will do in the future Cabur :)

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .

More
6 years 11 months ago #281885 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic My resignation as Pastor
Good luck with family :)

Everything is belief

More
6 years 11 months ago #281888 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic My resignation as Pastor
I've always viewed you as a great example for the rest of us, and this is just one more way you've been that example.

Thank you for the time you've put in to the position and I look forward to seeing you around still.

And go take care of that family. That's what really matters. :)

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281889 by
i am sorry to hear this and I think your an awesome Jedi. thank you for your service in the position you hold

May the force be with you always

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #281891 by
You are once again proving to be an example for us all. You are an amazing Jedi and obviously a dedicated father as well. Thank you for your service.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi