Monthly Council Reports Transparency

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 7 months ago #253757 by Jestor

RyuJin wrote: Just pointing out that there isn't actually any discussions I know of about setting a specific amount of time for apprenticeships, it was mentioned once but it was also pointed out that most apprenticeships already last a good amount of time, and every apprentice is different, some require less time than others, some require more time...

In the FAQ, it is wrote: An Apprenticeship must last at least six months before an Apprentice can be considered for Knighthood.

:)

Wescli the Wabbit wrote: And once things are decided and finalized they are supposed to be announced. That does not mean the announcement goes out to everyone, usually only to the parties it effects.

Part of the reason we now have a secretary, to help ensure changes are announced in the Announcement Forum.. . :)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #253799 by MadHatter
I have read and watched over this thread and would like to offer my own view on the matter.

First of all I think that the fact is that this place is far more open about what is going on then many other places on the web. I mean how many other web forums or churches have the members voting and discussing things at a particular level? How many post a news letter? Most web forums or churches I was a part of didnt let me know or have a say in squat unless it was a decree that such and such had changed. Even when I was a moderator for a major dating site I had no say in anything. That was the web designers and board that ran it.

Secondly how much information and time do we demand from the council? I mean as has been said the Knights discuss a lot and frankly I am fine with that as well a say should be earned through some process in my opinion. Knighthood is as good a method as anything I could think of. So outside of the Knights voting and discussing on most of the issues what do we want? I mean there has to be some limits on this so that things dont get bogged down and stagnant.

Finally this is just a personal observation but I agree with Jestor on the fact that its ironic that we are demanding so much transparency from the Temple when most of us dont even know what laws are being discussed in our towns. We demand to know how a church works that at best impacts us minimally as far as rules go. Yet we dont even know what laws are up for vote that could make us felons.

To close there is a lot of optimistic talk about what should be but very good reasons have been give as to why it cant be that way. It reminds me of a quote from family guy:" Ah, Shouldland, where clean-cut kids cruise Shouldland Boulevard, and the Shouldland High football team gets their optimistic a$%@* kicked by their crosstown rival, Reality Check Tech."

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, J. K. Barger

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi