Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

More
28 Aug 2019 15:14 #342642 by steamboat28
I'd say that the title of this thread is accurate. Trump promotes fascist ideologies, aligning him with the Imperial and First Order forces in the film canon (as they're pastiches of Nazi and neo-Nazi scum), which the Jedi historically opposed (or should have).

RL Jedi have that whole "all people are equal" thing, which also doesn't jive well with a fascist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, misogynist compulsive liar being in charge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos, Brick, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • VixensVengeance
  • VixensVengeance's Avatar
  • Guest
28 Aug 2019 16:16 #342645 by VixensVengeance
Replied by VixensVengeance on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

Deimos wrote:
So stating that only the left has issues is a bit skewed. Assuming that's what you're getting at of course.


You are absolutely correct of course. I stated one side because the subject we were discussing was a statement about a specific presidential position. However the right is just as screwed up on just as many issues. The hope with Trump was that he reject the deep state policies of both sides and create some sort of new direction forward.

Is he accomplishing that? I think its really too early to tell, but I will say that his action so far has been positive growth in that direction. I personally agree with many of the policies he has implemented or is trying to implement and I believe the result will be a stronger United States. What remains to be seen is if those changes will become better permanent solutions or they will be dismantled over time again. I feel he is trying to take federal govt back to what it was meant to be and I personally love the fact that he is so politically volatile. He pulls no punches in that regard and that is impressive to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • VixensVengeance
  • VixensVengeance's Avatar
  • Guest
28 Aug 2019 16:42 - 28 Aug 2019 16:42 #342648 by VixensVengeance
Replied by VixensVengeance on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

ZealotX wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: I am not a jedi but my understanding is they dont take political sides. This person you refer to seems to be biased and under informed, neither should be traits of jedi or sith. For example Trump does not have a condescending view of immigrants. Hell he is married to one for fucks sake!!


Uh... this is not true.


Its not true that Jedi dont take sides? ok, I stand corrected. I was misinformed apparently. Im not a Jedi so I would not know as well as you.




ZealotX wrote: We have a guy in the white house who thinks we should nuke hurricanes.


I just have to stop you right here though. I actually laughed out loud at this statement!! How can you actually believe this??!! This is not true in the slightest and neither is most of the rest of your post. His wife was always legal despite any attempts to discredit her as well. In fact she is now a naturalized citizen of the US.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 16:42 by VixensVengeance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 17:54 #342663 by rugadd
As a Jedi, I would say I do my best not to take sides so that I may see the truth more objectively...but I also vote, sooooo...

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Deimos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Uzima Moto
  • Uzima Moto's Avatar
  • Guest
28 Aug 2019 18:01 #342666 by Uzima Moto
Replied by Uzima Moto on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?
I think you can't be a student of peace in The Force and agree with some of his policies or methods.. but that goes for the majority of politicians in the sense that most seem to want to impose their ideals on everyone else..
.. and to impose yourself on someone is an act of war, not peace..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • VixensVengeance
  • VixensVengeance's Avatar
  • Guest
28 Aug 2019 18:11 #342669 by VixensVengeance
Replied by VixensVengeance on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

Uzima Moto wrote: ...most [politicians] seem to want to impose their ideals on everyone else..
.. and to impose yourself on someone is an act of war, not peace..


I dont see it that way at all. That seems like an extreme absolute view and I thought only Sith dealt in absolutes! :P :laugh:

Seriously to see politics in terms of peace or war is just not fair. Politicians represent the populations that have elected them and they serve those populations opinions and ideals not their own. I know nothing is perfect but this nation is a collection of views under both individual and group ideals and those we send to government are obligated to serve those ideals in the best manner they are able under the rules of the republic in which they serve.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 18:21 #342671 by rugadd
Ac of War? Not always...should I not be imposing a bedtime on my child? Am I at war with my child, or at least, taking an action of War against them? No, this is conflict(or can be; Sometimes they just do what I ask)but not war. Don't fall for that dichotomy.

In "The Last Jedi" one of the things Rey sees in her vision of the force is the eggs dashed against rocks; was this war?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 18:26 #342672 by ZealotX

VixensVengeance wrote:

ZealotX wrote: We have a guy in the white house who thinks we should nuke hurricanes.


I just have to stop you right here though. I actually laughed out loud at this statement!! How can you actually believe this??!! This is not true in the slightest and neither is most of the rest of your post. His wife was always legal despite any attempts to discredit her as well. In fact she is now a naturalized citizen of the US.


HOW CAN I BELIEVE THIS?

In April he said that “the noise” from the [wind] turbines “causes cancer”
time.com/5649313/trump-wind-cancer-iowa/

What I can't believe is that you believe all of his denials. Because as soon as he is revealed to be a moron he walks it back and throws a tantrum. What you don't seem to get is that this is par for the course with Trump. People act like he's being attacked when people are just reporting what he actually said.

www.cnn.com/2019/08/26/politics/nuke-hur...ald-trump/index.html

This is not new and he says so many things that no one ever has to make something up. There are plenty of things he really said, many of which are caught on tape. People on the right seem to do an excellent job at closing their eyes and ears and pretending he's honest. It's truly remarkable... the cognitive dissonance.

www.cnn.com/2019/06/03/media/reliable-so...-06-02-19/index.html

And I don't even need a link to describe what happened at the "Send her back" Trump rally when he later pretended that he did something to stop the crowd from that chant. No, I watched the tape. He paused while they were chanting and he said he sped up. But no, don't believe your lying eyes lol. When Trump lies about Obama getting Putin out of the G8 because Putin "outsmarted him" people on the right just assume he's telling the truth and everything else is "fake news". In reality, "fake news" is merely anything Trump doesn't like or doesn't make him look good. That's why he's even turning on FOX News because eventually they had to report actual reality. This cult of personality is ridiculous. How many so-called policies of Trump do you agree with? Be specific. And tell us if these are Republican policies or specifically Trump policies.

And on the whole "deep state" idea... Look, I'm no stranger to conspiracy theories. I thought a few of them were interesting and I was more into them in my younger days. But you have to realize, at some point, that there is a conspiracy to MAKE UP CONSPIRACIES!! Conspiracies, like everything else, is a product... which begets an industry. That industry can be influenced by outside MONEY. Alex Jones has sponsors. Alex Jones makes tons of money off people believing that SOMEHOW this known conspiracy theorist is just so good at getting information that people just constantly spill their guts to him. AND NO ONE ELSE. Not ABC, CBS, BBC, no... a conspiracy theorist is who you go to in order to drop real information you don't want confused for being a conspiracy theory. Oops? Conspiracy theories utilize fear and the imagination. It's just like seeing shapes in a dark room. Your mind fills in the rest. The dark room is a metaphor for fear of the government. As long as you're afraid of the government it is a lot easier to imagine all these nefarious plots. However the biggest and greatest manipulation of government is carried out in near plain sight in the form of lobbying. It's legal and therefore it is completely unnecessary to use illegal methods of pulling strings.

But let's move on... Melania. Did I not ask you if you thought she deserved the Einstein visa? If you're okay with that then who cares how brown people utilize the system? It doesn't matter. Because what you're saying is that if you have enough money you can simply buy your way around the law.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • VixensVengeance
  • VixensVengeance's Avatar
  • Guest
28 Aug 2019 20:17 - 28 Aug 2019 20:22 #342694 by VixensVengeance
Replied by VixensVengeance on topic Can't be a Jedi if you support Trump...?

ZealotX wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote:

ZealotX wrote: We have a guy in the white house who thinks we should nuke hurricanes.


I just have to stop you right here though. I actually laughed out loud at this statement!! How can you actually believe this??!! This is not true in the slightest and neither is most of the rest of your post. His wife was always legal despite any attempts to discredit her as well. In fact she is now a naturalized citizen of the US.


HOW CAN I BELIEVE THIS?

In April he said that “the noise” from the [wind] turbines “causes cancer”


LMAO yup that one is a puzzler isn't it! No denying that one as he said it in a speech. Although we all do make mistakes right? This may be no different than Obama saying we had 58 States in a speech as well. Would I crucify Obama for this? No, at the most I would say... "oh man, that was stupid" and them move on.

So no I dont believe everything he says. I dont believe everything anyone says, including you, unless I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. So in that regard I find it rather inflammatory that you would imply I am closing my eyes and displaying the level of cognitive dissonance that you find "remarkable".

As for the "send her back" chant, yea Trump did not participate in that and has disavowed it. As for the "send her to jail" chant, well I will personally take up that call! Both the Clinton's should be in Jail for the rest of their lives.

As for policies I agree with, well that's opening a can of worms. How about instead of me making a list, why don't you pick out a few of your pet ones you find issue with and we shall discuss those?

As for my deep state comment, I said nothing about conspiracy and never meant to imply that. If that was the case I apologize. I meant long standing policies of either party that seem to just be assumed and not discussed by the party members. Things like right to life for republicans and right to the body for democrats. I am a right to body person but I am also a right to strong military so I fall in the middle of those issues. However I want to see them discussed intelligently, not just chanted by rote call because of a political affiliation. It seems to happen now more than not.

(BTW, I think Alex Jones is an idiot) :P

As for Melania's Visa, to answer your question I cant tell you if she deserved it or not because I was not the one required to justify its issuance. However I will defer to the immigration department and support their decision to justly issue such a visa. And I dont consider it illegal so as for the so called "brown people" you mention they still openly broke the law so no I do not have to accept that they just utilize the system any way they please. The fact remains that Melania still utilized a legal system and proper caveats to get what she needed to enter. Short of proof she paid off the system I will not condemn her on speculation just because you say so.

In any event, what if she did use some of her advantage to get what she needed to enter the country? Maybe she was great at BJs or she had someone call in a favor? Even so I know there are a lot of criteria for that sort of visa that includes someone as low as network engineering professionals so I would not see it to far fetched that her sort of profession has provisions for that type of visa. You forget I am not a Jedi, I am sith and I find that sort of power to achieve goals by all available means not only acceptable but desirable.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2019 20:22 by VixensVengeance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2019 21:34 #342696 by ZealotX

VixensVengeance wrote:
LMAO yup that one is a puzzler isn't it! No denying that one as he said it in a speech. Although we all do make mistakes right? This may be no different than Obama saying we had 58 States in a speech as well. Would I crucify Obama for this? No, at the most I would say... "oh man, that was stupid" and them move on.


Not aware of that Obama gaff but likely more of a teleprompter issue than actually telling someone in private conversation that he would like to visit all 58 states. That would be, I hope you can agree,... different. In other words, a person can say one thing when they mean another. They can have a slip of the tongue, get tongue tied, or whatever. But I'll remove "sound" from the wind turbines comment. That still leaves the idea that wind turbines cause cancer. That's moronic in my book, sorry. And because I know he's not the smartest tool in the shed that means I don't put other stupidity past his reach.

VixensVengeance wrote: So no I dont believe everything he says. I dont believe everything anyone says, including you, unless I do my own research and come to my own conclusions. So in that regard I find it rather inflammatory that you would imply I am closing my eyes and displaying the level of cognitive dissonance that you find "remarkable".


That's good. What I said, I said actually hoping that it did not apply to you. Trump is definitely leading a personality cult (watch interviews) and many of these people are completely conned into believing everything he says. He thinks he's the chosen one and they do too. So I'm actually pleased to hear you are not quite in that crowd. Usually that crowd is difficult to penetrate with facts because they consider Trump's word fact and actual facts to be fake news. It is incredibly irritating to me. Again, I'm extremely pleased you are not among that group.

VixensVengeance wrote: As for the "send her back" chant, yea Trump did not participate in that and has disavowed it. As for the "send her to jail" chant, well I will personally take up that call! Both the Clinton's should be in Jail for the rest of their lives.


You saw the tape right? He clearly paused and didn't start talking again until the chant started dying down on its own. However, when asked about it he lied and said he started speaking faster in order to silence it. I'm talking about his lies, not saying he joined the chant. He's not the smartest guy but he's not a complete moron when it comes to things he know he shouldn't say when he's already suspected of being racist. (although he did start the whole "they should go back" thing in the first places so..... yeah)

VixensVengeance wrote: As for policies I agree with, well that's opening a can of worms. How about instead of me making a list, why don't you pick out a few of your pet ones you find issue with and we shall discuss those?


Nope. Can't let you off that easy. I'm not going to play pin the tail on the policy. Whatever policies I name you can just be like "I don't agree with that one but I agree with others". And then I'm doing all this work digging up policies for you to simply disagree with. So nope. What I want to know is what policies of TRUMP, not policies that are staples of the Republican party, do you agree with? Republicans want immigration reform (so do Democrats) but Trump, for example, created the no tolerance policy that locked kids in cages and lost track of their parents.

VixensVengeance wrote: As for my deep state comment, I said nothing about conspiracy and never meant to imply that. If that was the case I apologize. I meant long standing policies of either party that seem to just be assumed and not discussed by the party members. Things like right to life for republicans and right to the body for democrats. I am a right to body person but I am also a right to strong military so I fall in the middle of those issues. However I want to see them discussed intelligently, not just chanted by rote call because of a political affiliation. It seems to happen now more than not.


Okay, I can accept that you didn't mean "the deep state conspiracy" but that is generally what a lot of people understand it to mean when that term is used.

In the United States, the term "deep state" is used to describe a conspiracy theory which suggests that collusion and cronyism exist within the US political system - wikipedia


Also, I agree with right to body and strong military. I simply disagree with wasteful military spending, nuclear stock piles, perpetual wars, etc. Troops need to be used strategically and military equipment should reflect that. We don't need to be spending billions on tanks and air planes when people are dying of hunger and when so many Americans are in poverty. A lot of that "strong spending" simply lines the pockets of cronies in the military industrial complex (and no that's not a conspiracy theory) a la Haliburton and special interests help drive us into conflicts just so that we can spend more on defense contracts. Dems want defense, just not at the cost of too many social programs. We need more balance. I don't mind playing policeman to the world to some extent but we need to take care of people right here and injustices right here at home.

VixensVengeance wrote: (BTW, I think Alex Jones is an idiot) :P


Actually, I want to agree with you on this but I can't. Alex Jones knows exactly what he's doing. He said in court that he was playing a role on the radio and that it wasn't real. But he'll never tell his followers that because that's his livelihood; lying to them. This is also a big part of my aversion to Trump. He probably wouldn't even be rich at all if it wasn't for lying and conning people.

VixensVengeance wrote: As for Melania's Visa, to answer your question I cant tell you if she deserved it or not because I was not the one required to justify its issuance. However I will defer to the immigration department and support their decision to justly issue such a visa. And I dont consider it illegal so as for the so called "brown people" you mention they still openly broke the law so no I do not have to accept that they just utilize the system any way they please. The fact remains that Melania still utilized a legal system and proper caveats to get what she needed to enter. Short of proof she paid off the system I will not condemn her on speculation just because you say so.


1. It is not illegal to seek asylum. But Trump is against that because he thinks it is a way for illegals to cheat the system. This is the same guy who cheated on his taxes so its not about how clever it is if they can get away with it. 2. I'm going to ignore your answer and ask you again... Melania... EINSTEIN visa.... wtf(what the force)? Seriously? Do you believe captain bone spurs over there also should have been permitted to forego the draft without being considered a draft dodger? Was that not illegal? It's funny how (not you but) people in general often care about what's legal depending on who it impacts.

VixensVengeance wrote: In any event, what if she did use some of her advantage to get what she needed to enter the country? Maybe she was great at BJs or she had someone call in a favor? Even so I know there are a lot of criteria for that sort of visa that includes someone as low as network engineering professionals so I would not see it to far fetched that her sort of profession has provisions for that type of visa. You forget I am not a Jedi, I am sith and I find that sort of power to achieve goals by all available means not only acceptable but desirable.


Now this is a good answer. I wish more sith were giving answers like this. But if that's the case then every illegal immigrant who makes it to the US is also just following good sith philosophy, doing what they have to do, legal or not, in order to break their chains. And if you build a wall they'll simply go over or under it because what they're escaping from and what they're running to is something bigger than a wall. Am I wrong?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero