Chi

  • maynoth
  • maynoth's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 12:44 - 09 Feb 2013 12:59 #93832 by maynoth
Replied by maynoth on topic Chi
I have to vehemently disagree here. There is overwhelming evidence for it.

Most just plug their fingers in their ears and close their eyes, while chanting neener neener neener.

At least this has been my experience.


Anyone who wants actual case studies and documentaries of such is free to PM me.

Bastian wrote: Chi is not recognized by conventional science as its existence cannot be proven by today's scientific means.

Last edit: 09 Feb 2013 12:59 by maynoth.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2013 13:10 #93834 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Chi
Perhaps Bastian should have said "not recognized by a majority of western scientists...;)


On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • maynoth
  • maynoth's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 13:38 - 09 Feb 2013 14:00 #93835 by maynoth
Replied by maynoth on topic Chi

Jestor wrote: Perhaps Bastian should have said "not recognized by a majority of western scientists...;)


In the 1800's medical doctors and scientists were ignorant of germs and how they worked.

When a doctor discovered hard evidence that sterilization of instruments, and hand washing during surgery and delivery of newborns lowered mortality rates by a huge margin they basically railroaded him out of his career, called him insane, and cost him his reputation.

No matter how much evidence he provided, no one would listen.

Things aren't so different today.

No matter how much evidence is provided it isn't enough.

Paradigms never change without a fight, and usually it takes several generations of experts dying out before a new paradigm can be installed.

This is the human condition, we don't wish to examine evidence that discredits our current paradigms. We have a vested interest in seeing the world the way we already see it, and will fight tooth and nail to maintain our worldview no matter the cost.



science.slashdot.org/story/12/06/04/1216...anon&utm_medium=feed

"I Love this article in Smithsonian by Richard Conniff. One of my geology professors was in grad school when the theories for plate tectonics, seafloor spreading, etc., were introduced; he remembered how most of his professors denounced them as ridiculous. The article chronicles the introduction of continental drift theory, starting a century ago with Alfred Wegener. From the article: 'It was a century ago this spring that a little-known German meteorologist named Alfred Wegener proposed that the continents had once been massed together in a single supercontinent and then gradually drifted apart. He was, of course, right. Continental drift and the more recent science of plate tectonics are now the bedrock of modern geology, helping to answer vital questions like where to find precious oil and mineral deposits, and how to keep San Francisco upright. But in Wegener’s day, geological thinking stood firmly on a solid earth where continents and oceans were permanent features.'"



"All great truths began as blasphemies" - George Bernard Shaw

In the 1800’s, the scientific community viewed reports of rocks falling from the sky as “pseudoscience” and those who reported them as “crackpots,” only because it didn’t fit in with the prevailing view of the universe. Today, of course, we recognize that these rocks could be meteorites and such reports are now properly investigated.

In 1827, Georg Ohm's initial publication of what became “Ohm’s Law” met with ridicule, dismissal, and was called "a web of naked fantasies." The German Minister of Education proclaimed that "a professor who preached such heresies was unworthy to teach science." 20 yrs passed before scientists began to recognize its importance.

Louis Pasteur's theory of germs was called “ridiculous fiction" by Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse in1872.

Spanish researcher Marcelino de Sautuola discovered cave art in Altamira cave (northern Spain), which he recognized as stone age and published a paper about it in 1880. His integrity was violently attacked by the archaeological community, and he died disillusioned and broken. Yet he was vindicated 10 years after death.

Lord Haldane, the Minister of War in Britain, said that “the aeroplane will never fly” in 1907. Ironically, this was four years after the Wright Brothers made their first successful flight at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. After Kitty Hawk, the Wrights flew in open fields next to a busy rail line in Dayton OH for almost an entire year. US authorities refused to come to the demos, while Scientific American published stories about "The Lying Brothers."

In 1964, physicist George Zweig proposed the existence of quarks. As a result of this theory, he was rejected for position at major university and considered a “charlatan.” Today, of course, it is an accepted part of standard nuclear model.

Last edit: 09 Feb 2013 14:00 by maynoth.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Metsu Desal
  • Metsu Desal's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 13:52 - 09 Feb 2013 13:53 #93836 by Metsu Desal
Replied by Metsu Desal on topic Chi
One thing I will notice about that video Maynoth is it focuses on inventions...not age old mysticism...plus all the videos you've linked me haven't actually been more than just "videos" I'm yet to see an actual documentary that states it is legit and has done genuine tests for validity...Such as them replicating it in "lab" conditions you state this is because of it being forbidden...well that's like me saying "Oh I can make myself invisible but nobody can watch me whilst I do it." :P I'm not saying you are wrong... I'm just saying that is how I view your evidence.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2013 13:53 by Metsu Desal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • maynoth
  • maynoth's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 13:55 - 09 Feb 2013 13:56 #93837 by maynoth
Replied by maynoth on topic Chi

Metsu Desal wrote: One thing I will notice about that video Maynoth is it focuses on inventions...not age old mysticism...plus all the videos you've linked me haven't actually been more than just "videos" I'm yet to see an actual documentary that states it is legit and has done genuine tests for validity...Such as them replicating it in "lab" conditions you state this is because of it being forbidden...well that's like me saying "Oh I can make myself invisible but nobody can watch me whilst I do it." :P I'm not saying you are wrong... I'm just saying that is how I view your evidence.


Metsu,

I have a lot more than just video's. It was my understanding you weren't interested in examining anything further, if you'd like to resume I will be happy to go over what I have with you.

Metsu Desal wrote: you state this is because of it being forbidden...


Lul whut?
Last edit: 09 Feb 2013 13:56 by maynoth.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Metsu Desal
  • Metsu Desal's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 13:58 - 09 Feb 2013 13:59 #93838 by Metsu Desal
Replied by Metsu Desal on topic Chi
You repeat yourself and then I repeat myself, we seem to be dancing with one another. I watched the materials you provided...I ask you for actual proof...lab conditioned documented fact backed proof. You send me the same evidence repeatedly and claim it as proof...you don't link me to anything that I ask you to link me to...you just link me to the same stuff that I have discredited...repeatedly.

Lul whut?


You said to me in a PM "They will not teach anyone who is not Asian as revealing it to the public is forbidden"
Last edit: 09 Feb 2013 13:59 by Metsu Desal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • maynoth
  • maynoth's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 14:01 #93839 by maynoth
Replied by maynoth on topic Chi
We never made it very far as you weren't interested in anything further, or at least that was my understanding.

So no, you haven't examined the majority of what I have.


Metsu Desal wrote: You repeat yourself and then I repeat myself, we seem to be dancing with one another. I watched the materials you provided...I ask you for actual proof...lab conditioned documented fact backed proof. You send me the same evidence repeatedly and claim it as proof...you don't link me to anything that I ask you to link me to...you just link me to the same stuff that I have discredited...repeatedly.

Lul whut?


You said to me in a PM "They will not teach anyone who is not Asian as revealing it to the public is forbidden"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Metsu Desal
  • Metsu Desal's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 14:03 #93840 by Metsu Desal
Replied by Metsu Desal on topic Chi
I'm here asking you for more...I'm asking you for more specific things and you're telling me I'm not interested in more proof?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • maynoth
  • maynoth's Avatar
  • Guest
09 Feb 2013 14:04 #93841 by maynoth
Replied by maynoth on topic Chi

Metsu Desal wrote: I'm here asking you for more...I'm asking you for more specific things and you're telling me I'm not interested in more proof?


Yes that is exactly what I am telling you, if you'd like to resume discussion in private I'll be happy to continue, if not I don't want to waste my time with it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2013 14:15 #93843 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Chi
For goodness sake maynoth...

Reread wtf Bastian and I have said...

MAJORITY OF SCIENTISTS, ESPECIALLY WESTERN SCIENTISTS ARE NOT BELIEVERS

Lol...

We have no trouble saying it exists, but wecare not western scientists, or any kind of accredited scientists at all...

Quit throwing the germ stuff at me...

If I listened to the masses, id still believe in god, not have funny facial hair, know who honey-boo-boo is, and care about poor Lindsay Lohan...

I don't follow the mainstream...;)

Move past that, most here agree chi/ki/qi exists, but don't understand why you are showing us "super powers"...

Few of us will ever reach this state, but, if the effects are positive on our health, a few of us may try looking into it...

Fyi to everyone, I am looking into it, and the videos I have found seem more on par with our understandings and beliefs, and once maynoth and I have finished our talks, I will post my opinion on my findings ...

Metsu, are you letting him lead in the dance?


Till

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....


"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching


Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero