Our Daily Breakfasts - What do you think of them?

  • SeanChing
  • SeanChing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 00:18 #92061 by SeanChing
First of all, I'm a big guy, and I have a REALLY active appetite. Therefore, my breakfast is most likely bigger than yours, but that's not necessarily what I'm seeking to figure out. Every School Morning, I have the following breakfast:

Solids:
1) About 2.5 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal = about 300 calories
2) 1 Bowl of S&S Ramen (no soup base added to reduce sodium) = about 220 calories
3) A fruit (Banana, apple, or an orange) = about 60-110 calories

Liquids:
1) 1 16.9 fluid ounce Bottle of Water
2) 1 Medium Sized Mug of Coffee
3) 1 Medium Sized Mug of Decaf.


SEE? I told you this was a big breakfast. But that's not necessarily the point. I know it's a lot, but that's pretty much how much I need to last till lunch.

I'm actually interested in what you think about what's in my breakfast, and what I should potentially add, change, or take out. For example, do you think there's too much carbs in my breakfast? What would be a better alternative? What are some other, healthy drinks I could have instead of just water and coffee?

What do you eat for breakfast? How does it compare? If you'd like, you can post your breakfast content here, and have others give you feedback on it.


Thanks! And yes, it's a lot of food. I get it. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Rickie The Grey
  • Rickie The Grey's Avatar
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 00:49 #92064 by Rickie The Grey
Replied by Rickie The Grey on topic Our Daily Breakfasts - What do you think of them?
What is your hight and weigt. That would determin if what you eat is big.

I'm 6' 1.5 " 265.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2013 01:02 #92068 by Wescli Wardest
My breakfast primarily consists of a glass of water and a piece of fruit… sometimes a couple of pieces of toast lightly buttered.

I am 5’11” and 185 lbs. Pretty lean built, kind of. I have a bit of bulk but it is mostly muscle. But instead of eating large meals I try to take in several small meals throughout the day. And I try to eat as few processed foods as possible. So I eat a lot of fruits, nuts and vegies. I will admit that vegies are not my favorite! :P I think that if you can get away from sugar and caffeine your appetite will taper off relatively quickly.

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • SeanChing
  • SeanChing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 04:56 #92088 by SeanChing

Rickie The Grey wrote: What is your hight and weigt. That would determin if what you eat is big.

I'm 6' 1.5 " 265.


I'm short and wide. 5'5" and about 175 lbs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • SeanChing
  • SeanChing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 04:57 #92089 by SeanChing
Good, understandable points.

Wescli Wardest wrote: My breakfast primarily consists of a glass of water and a piece of fruit… sometimes a couple of pieces of toast lightly buttered.

I am 5’11” and 185 lbs. Pretty lean built, kind of. I have a bit of bulk but it is mostly muscle. But instead of eating large meals I try to take in several small meals throughout the day. And I try to eat as few processed foods as possible. So I eat a lot of fruits, nuts and vegies. I will admit that vegies are not my favorite! :P I think that if you can get away from sugar and caffeine your appetite will taper off relatively quickly.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2013 08:05 #92092 by Whyte Horse
I'd drop the processed foods (rice krispies and ramen) and replace them with ANYTHING ELSE! lol. Yogurt, fruits, vegetables, meats, cheese, beans, etc. I dropped all processed foods and lost 50lbs in 3 months even though I ate twice as much as before. Now I'm back onto a mix and am overweight, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.

You'd be surprised how diet soda makes you fat, ramen makes you hungry with msg, and cereals are all grains. How do you make a cow fat? Feed 'em grain. :)

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Arawn
  • Arawn's Avatar
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 08:46 #92096 by Arawn
How active are you as well? A balanced diet is a great start to look into but allied with an active day, that's whats going to help you maintain or loose weight.

It sounds like minus the Ramen that what you're eating is a decent good breakfast. I can't comment for myself as I'm 6' 1" but have weighed 142 lbs for a good 16 years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Rickie The Grey
  • Rickie The Grey's Avatar
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 16:23 - 30 Jan 2013 16:23 #92142 by Rickie The Grey
Replied by Rickie The Grey on topic Our Daily Breakfasts - What do you think of them?
What do you eat/drink for the rest of the day/evening?
Last edit: 30 Jan 2013 16:23 by Rickie The Grey.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • SeanChing
  • SeanChing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 17:17 #92147 by SeanChing

Whyte Horse wrote: I'd drop the processed foods (rice krispies and ramen) and replace them with ANYTHING ELSE! lol. Yogurt, fruits, vegetables, meats, cheese, beans, etc. I dropped all processed foods and lost 50lbs in 3 months even though I ate twice as much as before. Now I'm back onto a mix and am overweight, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.

You'd be surprised how diet soda makes you fat, ramen makes you hungry with msg, and cereals are all grains. How do you make a cow fat? Feed 'em grain. :)


Hmm, I never thought about dropping the Rice Krispies before. Do you think Rice Krispies are bad, in general, or that cereals overall are bad in general? Are there any healthier and delicious :P cereals you'd recommend me to eat instead? Or just drop cereal entirely?

And yeah, dropping the ramen is understandable. Everyone's been telling me that it's nothing but junk fried carbs. However, I've realized that I get REALLY hungry soon if I don't have something to substitute for my ramen. Any suggestions about what I should substitute for my ramen?

And by the way, as I mentioned, I throw away the ramen soup base (which has all the sodium and msg) so does that make things any better?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • SeanChing
  • SeanChing's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
30 Jan 2013 17:19 #92148 by SeanChing

Arawn wrote: How active are you as well? A balanced diet is a great start to look into but allied with an active day, that's whats going to help you maintain or loose weight.

It sounds like minus the Ramen that what you're eating is a decent good breakfast. I can't comment for myself as I'm 6' 1" but have weighed 142 lbs for a good 16 years.



I'm fairly active. 5 out of 7 days of the week, I walk about 2-3 miles home every day from school. On weekends: I don't exercise on Saturdays, but on Sundays, I either go for a bike ride or a longer walk.

And you're not the first person to tell me to drop the ramen...any suggested substitutes?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: RexZero