Thoughts of a simple man

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #184902 by
Replied by on topic Thoughts of a simple man
Some more art work ..starting to like this :)

Attachment hdae211c_2015-03-20.jpg not found

Attachment h7147d49_2015-03-20.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199182 by
Greetings Each

FOCUS

"High in the Himalayan mountains, lived a wise old man.

Periodically, he ventured down into the local village to entertain the villagers with his special knowledge and talents. One of his skills was to "psychically" tell the villagers the contents in their pockets, boxes, or minds.

A few young boys from the village decided to play a joke on the wise old man and discredit his special abilities.

One boy came up with the idea to capture a bird and hide it in his hands. He knew of course, the wise old man would know the object in his hands was a bird.

The boy devised a plan.

Knowing the wise old man would correctly state the object in his hands was a bird, the boy would ask the old man if the bird was dead or alive. If the wise man said the bird was alive, the boy would crush the bird in his hands, so that when he opened his hands the bird would be dead; if the wise man said the bird was dead, the boy would open his hands and let the bird fly free. So not matter what the old man said, the boy would prove the old man a fraud.

The following week, the wise old man came down from the mountain into the village. The boy quickly caught a bird and cupping it out of sight in his hands, walked up to the wise old man and asked, " Old man, old man, what is it that I have in my hands?"

The wise old man said, "You have a bird." and he was right.

The boy then asked, "Old man, old man tell me, is the bird alive or is it dead?"

The wise old man looked at the boy and said, "The bird is as you choose it."

And so it is with your life."

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199425 by
My Code

Do not fall behind in the Way of The Jedi
Honour
Be of use to your Master
Have respect for all living things
Make the right decision
Courage
Compassion, for the sake of Man.
Avoid distraction through self discipline.
Loyalty and Duty

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210253 by
Greetings Each Bows

When asked, “Why do you always insist on taking the hardest route.”
A good reply would be “Why do you assume that there are more than one Path To the warrior there is only one Way – the path of the warrior. The Way is not the easy road. It is not the one that most people choose because they see a choice – the easy way or the hard way. The warrior does not look at his life in those terms.
The average person looks at life in terms of what is best for him or her personally. The warrior looks at life in terms of what is right. To the warrior, there are not many choices to choose from; there is only right and wrong.
Warriors are dedicated to what is right, so they do not see two roads, but only the right Path. And they do not consider whether that Way is easy or hard, only whether or not it is right. The Way may not be easy for the warrior, but the choice of roads always is.
Everything we do in life involves a choice! The same applies that everything we do not do also involves a choice. We structure our life from birth to death with things we choose to do and other things we choose not to do. There is a huge difference, however, between choosing not to do something and choosing to do nothing! Doing nothing but wishing things seems however to be a popular course of action. We all are creators of our present situation by the choices we have made whether we have chosen to do something, not to do something or to do nothing. Recognizing that we live in a world of our own creation means to take responsibility for our choices and their consequences. Yet responsibility is also not on the popular hit list. We are in control of our response and the values we decide to place on events in our lives.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 months ago #218737 by
Greetings Each

In the midst of chaos The Peaceful Warrior remains at peace for he has become master of their thoughts and works to always be in balance with emotion, integrity and character.
The Peaceful Warrior looks not outside of himself for someone to lead him, but has faith in the leader within himself to always rise to the occasion.
The Peaceful Warrior does not look to conquer his neighbour or foe but to conquer his own foe within himself ,His own issues in the spiritual battlefield of the mind and ego to keep a fine balance
The Peaceful Warrior is an independent thinker, capable of making decisions on his own for the over all good of the clan.
The Peaceful Warrior knows that under any circumstances he has the ability, wisdom, knowledge and experience to work for the truthful and successful outcome in all things for the greater good.
From Cochise Onepaw and few words of my own

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266122 by
Greetings

This life is rare, precious and short. I will never live in this moment again, nor will I ever know what it is like to live in your moment. All things change. For now, I have the five senses, a capable body, and wisdom. These are all I need.

I bow to the Inner Master, and
I take Refuge in Fearlessness,
I take Refuge in the Universal Consciousness,
I take Refuge in Love.

May I always seek to find flawless, perfect union
in service to that which is beyond the self.

May all beings near and far be free from suffering,
I will free them.
May all beings near and far have joy,
I will serve them.
May all beings never be separated from joy, free of suffering,
I will rejoice in them.
May all beings dwell in equanimity, free of attachments
I will teach them.

May my every action and inaction bring about peace, wisdom, joy and strength to every living thing.

May I always be guided to the places where I am most need, with the wisdom to speak what is best heard, the skillful means to create new actions that grant evolution, and the fearlessness to accomplish this without attachment.

Inner Master, from whom I emanate, be greatly pleased for me, deeply nourish me, love me passionately. Grant me attainment in all things, and in all actions make my mind pure, Master from the great beyond!

To my Master, who's words were the first words from the Inner Master, may you receive every blessing. May the strengths of wisdom, good merit, purity and long life be yours in this very moment and forever.

In my hands, I hold the Inner Universe. This I offer in service to all living things. May I always remember that all things are a part of this illusion.

In practicing this, may I purify pride, jealousy, aversion, attachment, and delusion to be of great service to the needs of the Universe.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi