What gives you strength?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #201616 by
Replied by on topic What gives you strength?
Thanks so much for your insights :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #201670 by Cyan Sarden
Apart from meditation, it's photography for me. Sometimes I can completely zone out for hours just wandering through the streets and snapping away, only to get home with a smile on my face. I guess taking pictures could also be considered meditation - it's fully concentrating on the subject, on the camera and on he situation - fully being in the moment.

With the added bonus that looking at the pictures is actually quite interesting: you seemingly have captured that moment but at the same time, you realize that you haven't - and that's impossible to capture a complete moment. You've only capture a minimal amount of information of that particular setting, because the camera's sensor is limited to capturing visible light (and not even all of it). Still sometimes the pictures come out stunningly beautiful.

And when you think about it - your senses are much like that sensor - incapable of ever perceiving everything - and still, some moments are completely beautiful despite our limited abilities.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi