What the force means to me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201359 by
I believe there is the force it is all around us it is who we are and where we are from.
As a child we are influenced by family friends on what is right and wrong what is good or bad and which religion to subscribe to.
My family are Christians thus I became one by default but I didn't feel right about Christianity although it had a long history and a lot of supporting documentation albeit a lot of it borrowed from other religions.
It was this scepticism that lead me to leave and join Islam.
This religion for me felt even worse so I pondered the in between years.
Funny enough I am a Ordained Minister.
As adults we question more about the meaning of life and more often than not we find the little box we were crammed into no longer holds us or our thoughts.
I come from a tribal people and I remember my grandmother saying that the word God was not a in our vocabulary but was inherited by the European settlers to our country.
She believed there was something a spiritual energy that is in all of us that surrounds us that guides us and even influences decisions we make.
I remember the tales she would tell of great deeds from old folk lore.
She would say how man was given a gift of strength to aid our people.
She also believed that there were no good or bad choices just choices.
If you dont believe that then the only time a choice was bad is if it doesn't have the desired outcome.
Animals kill for food they hunger the desired outcome is they eat the alternative is starvation.
But apparently my grandmother was a little eccentric if you believed what others said.
I believe the Force is a metaphysical, spiritual, binding, omnipotent and ubiquitous power and if I believe this then I also have to believe that there is only THE FORCE.
It is neither light or Dark it just is.
Maybe in my way of thinking and in my grandmothers its the People who have made the choices which reflect the Dark and the Light.
And thus people who have gone Dark can be guided into the Light.
I dont think anymore about death I prefer to think that when my grandmother left me she became one with the Force and is guiding and inspiring others.
Some of you may find my revelation a little weird or not what the Temple subscribes to but it was my choice to write this and thus I will inherently deal with the outcome.

In closing if There is an Opposing Light and Dark force does that mean there are two Force's.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201382 by
Replied by on topic What the force means to me
Greetings Majelann, thanks for your thoughts on this. In answer to your final question, how can light exist without dark? Many of us look at it a little like up and down - one only really makes sense in relation to the other. If there is one thing, it's neither up nor down. If there are two things, and one thing is higher, one, is "up", the other "down". But in dealing with a, as you put it, "ubiquitous" concept such as the Force, it must be both up and down, dark and light.

What I'm getting at is even describing something as light (or dark) implies, necessarily, its opposite. Nothing exists in isolation, so any meaningful definition of "light" must include (or at least imply) the definition of "dark".

Personally I think the role of Jedi is to avoid splitting things into light/dark, up/down, but to remember all is one. For me, no person is pure dark or pure light. I suggest reading around the Temple, you'll find your views are, in essence, widely shared. We don't talk a lot about the light and dark sides here - most leave that to the fiction. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi