The law of Sin? Or the Law of man?

More
8 years 7 months ago #201211 by Gisteron

Sven One wrote: Gisteron,

This Is merely a discussion I value your opinion but, you don't need to be overly critical of what I wrote.

This is not my first draft of a response to the quote above, so please understand it as a text created after the rest of this post. I do not know the line between an appropriately critical and an "overly" critical response; to me this sounds like a convenient and arbitrary enough distinction to be employed to dismiss an argument irrespective of its merits. You are free to not engage, of course, if you don't feel like it this time, and there is no shame in that either.

Also, the 2 commandments Jesus wrote if you study then extensively do sum up the 10 if you read what he saif after he finished speaking.

I don't know what exactly you mean by extensively, nor do I understand how someone can say things after they had finished speaking unless they start again. At any rate, you will find that Jesus did not say that the two he quoted were a summary of any set of ten but rather of the entire Law (Matthew 22:40), albeit that he doesn't literally call it a summary. Again, either your research didn't include reading the book or you are lying about what it says. If you choose to understand the Law as just the ten, that's your interpretation and though I may differ in mine, I shall readily grant you yours; but you don't get to lie about what the text actually says.

I might care little about energies you feel or chase after, but I do thank you for the general sentiment and your willingness to keep this on topic and impersonal, as it were. As you see, I myself do not always respond kindly to all things, but rest assured that my accusations against you, though perfectly sincere, are likewise never against your person but are meant to be understood strictly within the context of what you said in this particular thread.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #201214 by Eleven
Gisteron,

I respect your response and respect you whether that has any merit of value to you or, it doesn't. However, that being said I am not lying I am merely going based off what I remember from the verse I could be incorrect and I am not ashamed of admitting that either nor, am I trying to show you that I am right and you are wrong.

MTFBWY

Sven One

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

More
8 years 7 months ago #201218 by PatrickB
Anyway I think the 10 commandments are the basic of society at large . But there a big evolution in a little space of time . If you think about amiability , pardon within the laws you have a lot of space to deal . Being listening to the 10 commandments strait up like this it is difficult to perceive today . And having to cope with new reality is hard to many of us . A man education come to mind to known these laws . But not everyone as the same chance at the beginning of there life's .

I think it is still good today to work with these 10 commandments but difficult to master these complex laws . Further more it's like holding a candle by too sides . But the 10 laws have many degree to it .

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven

More
8 years 7 months ago #201243 by Gisteron

Sven One wrote: ... I have done research and compiled my data to share with everyone.

Gisteron wrote: ... they also said they did some research and they know they didn't...

Sven One wrote: ... I am merely going based off what I remember...

Good. Now we can go on and share opinions, if we want. I look forward to it.
:)

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi