Hell: An ancient myth or, a factual spiritual prison

More
8 years 7 months ago #200931 by Eleven
As I've studied the 3rd eye and astral projection. Many mediums their spiritual guides have mentioned many things about tortured spirits Devil's angels and many of the other creatures. They also talk about a high astral plane of happiness and goodness which I wonder is a description of heaven but then they talk about walking on a lower astral plane that you don't want to go to which I wonder is a depiction of hell. There is no right or wrong answer this question course this is mere opinion but wanted to see what my fellow jedi think of the hell and heaven? We believe in the force one day we will return to it one day. My opinion, I dont think at this point there is either but, I do believe in the existence of ghosts. I kind of feel there is a whole world of spirits out there in the force. We are affected by it as people all the time were aware of it or not. I also believe there is a way to be force sensitive enough to see it and to embrace it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200956 by
I believe that the fact that spirtual activity is more frequently noticed around sites of sorrow (murder scenes, battlefields, mental institutions, cemeteries, ect.) is very significant. Buddhists cite eleven kinds of physical pain and mental agony: lust, hatred, illusion sickness, decay, death, worry, lamentation, pain(physical and mental), melancholy and grief. Their believe is that where there is suffering, there is hell.

Hell to me is not a place but mental/physical/spirtual state. I lived in the town of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania for a few years - the site of one of the most horrific battles of the Civil War. The amount of paranormal activity reported there is staggering. Yet I also found a deep feeling of peace as I hiked along National Park roadways. Friends and I used to take the trail up the side of Big Round Top and picnic along the rocky ledge with a bottle of cheap wine between us. Even though it was the site of so much suffering, I felt only peace.

Hell travels I think. Hell exists in and around those who create it. The people who survived the Hiroshima/Nagasaki bombings have said in interviews that they were in Hell. That example stands out to me because President Harry S. Truman stated openly that he was raised Presbyterian and became a Southern Baptist Christian, which he means he would most certainly have believed in the existance of a fiery Hell. Yet ironically, it was he who approved the decision to drop atomic bombs and in doing so, he created Hell on Earth.

So my basic belief is that where suffering exists, Hell exists. And if there is a way to overcome suffering, then Hell must only be temporary, not eternal. I also believe that the reason we see ghosts is because they are crying out for freedom from unresolved suffering. This leads me to wonder if there is temporal realm where spirits go to resolve their unresolved issues. Others might say that there is cycle of rebirth to resolve our suffering, but there is no real way to be sure.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #200958 by
I had the pleasure of doing a lesson on this in my learning, because as we all feared hell. What comes after death is a secret, which was not told anyone. To pass through death (I imagine) his soul, or Life Force, as a kind of energy spreads returning to unifying force. Imagine the soul as a raindrop, it is a unit, but when she returns to the sea this unit is lost and it becomes part of something much bigger, as some pagan traditions say and I believe. About good and evil, heaven or hell, these elements live within us, we all have light and darkness. An ancient tale shaman said the sage of the tribe guided the young, he said that within us there are two wolves, one good, one evil and that they live in constant battle; one of the boys asks: Who will win the fight? The Elder replies: The one you feed more. So is heaven and hell; this concept was actually written within us by Christianity during years of persecution and because today is one of the largest and beautiful doctrines followed worldwide. Once I thought these things I stopped being afraid of hell, for me, if there is no sin there is no condemnation. Therefore, I believe that after death our soul joins the Force and this gives rise to a new life, but his old soul is spread over dozens of other lives, mixed with them, that keeps us connected because one is all and everything is a (love that phrase). About ghosts I believe that when we die your soul not transende, she finds it difficult to transcend this life, sometimes by a violent death or unfinished business or not to accept his own death, so she stays here, but at a lower frequency, so you can not perceive it. There is a tradition that a spirit to transcend, it needs energy, but he does not, then there are some ways to help, either donating energy, either with prayers, songs, rituals and many other things.

More
8 years 7 months ago #201002 by PatrickB
Hell hein ! I believe there is a physical hell on earth . Hell is near you when your are bad . Hell is yes ancient but it is reported to human . It is convenient to get a place to explain normal thing's as we say in English or other languages :ohmy: , for just a jest . The way it is been explain explain to me it was by school in catholic classes . I've been told it was like rehabilitation center for mental problem but no only that . the earth place an area to solve problem with the intonation of word or faculty's and to deal with kind people that the planet sees through you but don't kid around . I would say today I won't .

It's like hell the title is well known to all of us . It so much is reported . Like for example the movie Constantine from Francis Lawrence with Keanu reeve as the principal actor that was a good movie . I think there was probably other spots of hell but in life there's extremist . From one side to the other . There ill be others to come and conform my theory in the future because everything exist , believe or not or believe but non of the belief serve to much because it all ready there for you to confirm . That it exist seriously why do you doubt something that exist not only in a mind but as for a place in the universe .

The one that posses with a devices is responsible for others . Being at large is brought too my attention . An armor is the key to unarm devices .

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #201005 by Edan
For me Hell is just a matter of perspective. You can either allow yourself to restrict your thoughts and feelings, let others tell you what to believe, and be caged up by that. Or you embrace what you are and what you believe.

The most miserable times in my life were where I either wouldn't admit how I felt, or I cornered myself by taking on what other people were telling me I should be doing, or other people were sucking up my energy when I should have been using it myself.

Hell, to me, is a denial of myself. If I love and embrace who I am, and be honest with myself, then it doesn't matter how difficult things are being, or how many hurdles I'm having to jump in my life.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201057 by
I do believe in Heaven and Hell, though not in the Christian sense of the words. I can't quite explain it properly, but the book What Dreams May Come does a nice job of describing those terms in a way that makes a lot of sense.

On the other hand, Heaven and Hell are things you can experience on Earth, and I have, in very specific ways that I'd rather not talk about right now.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #201074 by OB1Shinobi
human beings create hells for each other in varying degrees of intensity

internment camps and genocides are hells that we like to impose on one another at the most horrific end

for some kids, the bus from school is hell, with bubble gum and spitballs in their hair and being tripped and tormented, sometimes even after getting off the bus

and in different moments or moods i think that we all make hells from time to time for our friends and family, simply because we feel resentful or personally unhappy, and cant seem to focus on anything except what is wrong

there are instances where people define their friendships by the subtle hells they impose upon and endure from one another, because hell is all they know

we also put ourselves into our own personal hells with criticisms and shame

im stupid - im ugly - im fat - life is hopeless, happiness is impossible, and I will fail no matter what

these are all hells that people perpetuate to greater or lesser degrees

hell in the religious sense - the eternal place of torment after ones death because of what one has done in life, is silly - the history of its evolution as an idea is enough to convince me that it is, at best, an unhappy extrapolation, very possibly an utter delusion, and undoubtedly a calculated tool for the manipulation of the masses

it has taken me close to 30 years to be able to consider the idea honestly and without fear, and now that the fear is gone i feel rather sickened at the thought that people impose this view on each other still - it sort of hurts my feelings that we frighten each other into submission with this boogie man story

ahh the hell that hell has put people through lol

i do make a distinction between the devil and hell though - the idea of a ubiquitous adversary who presents opportunities and temptations to trick us or entice us or bribe us or to bully us so that we think and act in ways which demean ourselves or each other is very functional

and as far as truth goes, its also very true, in the most meaningful sense
which is not the clinically factual sense of the boiling point of water so much as in the experiential sense, like the kids on the bus - in that situation one could say that the devil was in the bullies telling them to be cruel, and the devil was in the bullied telling them to be afraid and ashamed

to me its less about moral judgment where we get to point fingers at who is naughty and who is good and more about keeping sight of basic dignity and using the archetypes of devils and angels to stimulate that

that's how i view it, personally

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 7 months ago #201081 by Kit

Streen wrote: I do believe in Heaven and Hell, though not in the Christian sense of the words. I can't quite explain it properly, but the book What Dreams May Come does a nice job of describing those terms in a way that makes a lot of sense.

On the other hand, Heaven and Hell are things you can experience on Earth, and I have, in very specific ways that I'd rather not talk about right now.

Is it anything like the movie? (one of my favorites)

More
8 years 7 months ago #201091 by steamboat28

Kamizu wrote: Is it anything like the movie? (one of my favorites)

NSFW: Language
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Kit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 7 months ago #201142 by

Kamizu wrote: Is it anything like the movie? (one of my favorites)

Despite Steamboat's response, the book is actually much better than the movie. The plot is similar, but is supposedly a "true" story. It's difficult to say what the book really is, but it is thought-provoking, and not nearly as hollywood as the movie.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi